If You Get Falsly Banned

(Quick Disclaimer; this is not a violation of the code of conduct. The Code of Conduct explicitly states that I am not allowed to:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM).

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums.

Basically I can’t specifically talk about any punishments I may or may not have gotten on the forums. I can’t discuss any streamer’s potential toxicity and potential punishment. So long as I generalize, don’t name names, and don’t say anything about anyone real or imaginary and any potential punishments they can possibly incur and the fairness of said punishments, I’m not breaking the CoC.
Furthermore, I quote from the Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

This thread is specifically about the Overwatch Branch of the Blizzard Entertainment forums, well within the guidelines outlined above.

I am creating this post without any intent to do harm, but to help another person and how to dispute an action. )

Now, if you get silenced on the forums and you believe it was for a false reason; if you posted an unpopular opinion and someone falsly flagged you or something you wrote was taken in the wrong context by a mod or someone misclicked something or whatever. If you are silenced, it is well known that you submit a ticket at battlenet, and that’s where most people stop. Don’t stop! If the answer you recieve is unsatisfactory, resubmit your ticket. Quote your post and the part of the CoC that you were told you violated. Explain the context of your mistyped word. Submit tickets until the response you’re given is personal, until someone actually responds to your question.

If you get falsly reported and you know without a doubt that you didn’t deserve your potential punishment, submit tickets until someone acknowledges your problem and gives you a solution.

Please remember to follow the disclaimer written at the start of this post so it doesn’t get locked when discussing this thread. Generalize. Don’t name names, don’t make up false names, just talk.

2 Likes

they don’t undo bans
there trained not to

usually robo post anyways
rare that someone human responds

2 Likes

My alt account got silenced for saying “o s***” in match chat and I got hit for abusive chat. I said this because I was sniped out of the spawn by a Widowmaker and didn’t see it.

I haven’t even been on to play the game lately and i’m getting silenced for simple things. This game’s policies are a joke and i’ve already taken my money elsewhere.

1 Like

They do undo bans.

1 Like

After you ask them to give you the information of proof, which they don’t, and just say “oh you’ve been abusive, don’t do that again.”

I’ve been banned on my smurf for playing Torb, and I’m usually silent. I’m on discord most of my time

The mention about some Strike team for bans, but there’s been no mention of it. So… false reports seem any excuse for anyone

1 Like

no they really don’t they just recyle the same thing they blah blah blah

don’t make another ticket we don’t care

you got ab reported even though u didn’t use chat blah blah blah

it’s all an automated fallacy
and the funny thing is that they even give u a appeal button
that is also automated

I mean, I once submitted a ticket and I found out that “sad” is a toxic word in this game

2 Likes

my tickets have all been immediately closed. something along these lines:
“we have received your ticket and the issue has been reviewed by multiple staff members. all members have come to the same conclusion, therefore the ticket is now closed and will not be re-opened.”

1 Like

I should have been more specific in the post. You have to submit tons of tickets. Not 3 or 4, but like a dozen.

Resubmit them. Keep submitting them. Eventually someone will read it.

No they don’t. If they do it’s super rare. Most of the time they delete your post so you can’t send in a screenshot or copy+paste. They don’t actually read any post or the details/context up for appeal, they base it on how many times you were reported in the past, regardless of the fact that you’ve already served your past punishment/s.
Once you get “black marked” you are f’d.
Blizz is insanely out of touch anymore, and all the employees share this weird hubris filled hivemind. They can’t be reasoned with.

1 Like

you can be silenced for trying to get around the “gg ez” filter
something like “good game easy” is silence-worthy apparently. the rules are way too tight about what is considered offensive/toxic.

i can be discriminated against and called a “gay”, “fag”, “queer” as insults over mic day-in-and-out, but the moment i say “good game easy” i will be silenced.

1 Like

Yes they do. I’ve been falsly silenced twice and had both overturned.

1 Like

you can be silenced for typing the word report.

so if your not in voice and are trying to communicate via text to report a player for obvious throwing that is also toxic

Sorry but i don’t believe you, based on my own experience of multiple ingame and forums bans/silences. All i’ve EVER gotten is automated responses.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of the disclaimer if I didn’t have personal experience about it.

I got silenced yesterday cause someone on the forums spam flagged me with his friends cause i didn’t agree with their opinion, showed them the whole convo and they removed it after an hour, there was one occasion where they didn’t remove the silence because they took my humarous method of delivering a fact about certain opinion of players that main x hero and considered it as trolling. :confused:

3 Likes

Yes they do
I already got flagged for saying:
"I think overwatch is more balanced now than it was in the beggining, it’s even more balanced than “x game” "

Someone was making a thread saying only negative things about OW, and when i came up with my opnion of “the game is getting better” people just flagged me for trolling.

After i contacted the suppport they said i was flagged because i was talking things not related to OW, since i said “x game” name in my post.
Yet, i contacted them again:

And when they analized my comment they finally removed the ban, but said is wrong to compare OW to another games and even write any other game names on foruns(which i’ve seen in dozen of posts).
This is not explicit on the CoC, or at least i didn’t found it. But yes, they will help you with the false flags and remove false bans and they are also supper polite doing it.

1 Like