If you could rework Mercy how would she work?

Have the old resurrect but have a cast time of 5 seconds

1 Like

If I could do anything?

1. Scrap valk. It’s terrible.
  2. Give her a new ultimate. Something great for team pushes. We don’t really have any support ult like that except nano.
  3. Make Guardian angel like Lunge or Double jump, in that you have to press jump twice to activate it, freeing up an ability slot.
  4. Add a new ability. Cleanse would be good if people still really want it.
  5. Have rez on a resource meter. Charge the meter with healing to get rez. Would make the ability more tactical.

Anything I missed?

You can get those kills. She has the capabilities. She is capable of doing 100 DPS, equal to or greater than Moira and Ana.

2 Likes

I would take res off of her e, since that is too much of a reward for no work. I’d give her 3 res charges during ultimate (since people think 5 is too many). This would be added to valkyrie, so she still has the push imitation of that ult.

• The rez time would scale with each rez, to make achieving all 3 slightly rewarding and to enable some counter play
    • They would still be small (perhaps 0.5 for first, 1 for second, 1.5 for third) to still make value during her ult achievable
  • I believe this would be balanced as these would be the only times she has access to rez and she would have to fly to each corpse individually
  • Every rez is small opportunity to be hooked/slept/stunned/booped away but the cast time wouldn’t be too long in case the ult gets too difficult to use
    • I wouldn’t want her ult to be a death sentence every time by making each rez cast time too long though

For her new e ability:

• Her e ability would be a single target debuff cleanse (get rid of anti healing, orb of discord, wake up sleeping targets)
    • I believe this fits with Mercy’s character/personality as she’s kinda angelic/pure/light
  • Perhaps on an 8-10 second cool down

3 might seem like too many, but in a real team fight scenario the Mercy might deem it too unsafe to use all 3, or can get stunned during any of them, or perhaps only 1 or 2 people die during her ult.

That is a great idea because it would make Valk feel very strong and fun again!

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they had another rework of her in the works. We’re coming up on her one-year nerfiversary, they’ve weaned down her Resurrect power until they feel they can safely remove it, and her supporters have basically given up. So now they have a significant date and carte blanche to do whatever they want with the character.

What I think they’d do with a rework (not what I’d do, mind):

-Resurrect removed as an ability.
-New ultimate, possibly related to the “Salvation” concept.
-DPS increased and blaster easier to access.
-Healing and damage boost commensurately decreased.
-Possible weak burst heal as an E-ability.
-Character is essentially an off-brand Lucio.
-Character is possibly renamed Valkyrie.

(Circumstantial evidence? Back in January, as we were nearing her six-month nerfiversary, I posited that they were going to come out with a comic or animated short titled “Resurrected” that would lay the groundwork for Mercy 3.0; including what I thought the plot of the story would be and the features I thought new Mercy would have. And now Blizz has deleted it. >> <<)

*100-200dps since she can headshot

I have 3 accounts. Over 300 hours as dps.

Mercy has the most movement speed changes of any other hero. Nothing is constant at all with her.

As mercy I am able to kill mercy often, because I understand her importance of being dead.

If mercy had instarez upto 5 times during valk that means she has crossed the path of the enemy team in direct fire 5 times. The level of bad you have to be to let that happen with all of the CC is mind boggling. They made her stand still for 2 seconds and you still let her rez in your face. At what point do we consider the enemy awareness being the problem?

Considering Mercy’s seem to lack the ability to aim (looking at her DPS values per 10 minutes + the fact Mercy’s consistently say that she has low damage), I tend to not count in headshots.

I want to do a kind of half rework (that still keeps the best elements of Valk Mercy.)

So we rework valk slightly
No chain beams, no bonus to the slef healing and the duratio nis halved
However now her single beam is 120 HPS and she has 2 instant rezes (I’m willing to go down to 1 but I want to at least try 2. First)

From there we revert her healing back to 60 HPS and give her a new E ability
I’m thinking an anti stun power
Biotic Shield
Makes people Immune to all negative effects for 2 seconds and gives them a 30% damage resistance.
However it will also cleanse stuns if they are already there which is the one thing it will do better then Zarya bubbles.

I assume people don’t even bother to check her dps because she never needs it in a match even though it has very good potential. it’s more like players don’t even consider using her gun when she can just fly away.

actually I don’t care anymore. Give her invulnerability and put the dance emote on m1. I would enjoy this, just stand in middle of a fight and spin around and clap. Fells as effective but would be much more fun.

1 Like

The thing most Mercy’s don’t realize is that she was the OG main healer. Her job was literally to stick to allies and heal. While other support’s were more utility based, Mercy was the only one able to heal that much on a single target. Now, her role has slightly changed and Moira has taken the role Mercy once had. Mercy’s still designed around large, single target healing.

Moira’s designed more generalist to that idea, thus she doesn’t have to swap to her damage weapon let alone the fact Moira has abilities to heal + damage other players.

Mercy’s just as good, if not better, at defending her self in most scenarios compared to everyone except Zen on the support roster.

Without abilities, nobody is able to be as consistent in healing and damage as Mercy is.

Do you mean damage boost? So few people use her dps that the physical numbers are extremely low.

i peaked at 3700 btw… I dont know if you understand how the game works but mercy isnt that susceptible to that kind of cc. She can literally fly… at this point i cant tell if b8 or…

No I mean the fact that Mercy does lots of healing and lots of damage with basic things in her kit.

She never has to stop healing. She only has to stop shooting in order to reload.

Nobody is more consistent than mercy at doing both of those things.

1 Like

It’s almost as if you didn’t have to bring a locked post into this?

Resurrect

• Returned to ultimate ability
  • When cast, immediately revives the targeted hero and the nearest dead ally within 5m

Valkyrie

• No longer an ultimate ability
  • Duration reduced from 15s to 3s
  • 20s cooldown after completion

There. Tempo rez is back, mass rez is not, Valk requires careful timing, and most importantly, Mercy’s ult returns to one that is impactful!