If you are going to buff Sombra, don't buff her frustrating parts

The reason why Sombra got nerfed in the first place it’s because of her hack, an ability that doesn’t let you play the game and her little cast time. It was painful to Tank players the most (and Lucios) but pros are the people to blame for her Nerf.

If the developers are looking to buff Sombra, hack is not the way to buff her.
There are plenty of ways to buff her without touching hack:

• Spread reduction on her SMG
  • Translocator Speed/Gravity/Cooldown
  • Stealth delay reduction

etc.

*Sidenote - fixing her hack LOS isn’t a buff, it’s a bug fix, so I approve of it being fixed.

Opinions?

8 Likes

Bumping is illegal but I’ll take the risk for it being seen

Her Hack needs bug fixes. Besides,it was fine before the nerfs. You could counter it and Sombra herself so frickin easily. People should’ve just learned to adapt,but noooo,they had to complain.

If every single “frustrating” thing in the game was removed,every match would be a McCree 6v6.

Hack is the least frustrating thing in the game when you consider things like Brigitte’s shield bash or Reinhardt’s charge.

3 Likes

ok I covered that

I disagree. Rein charge can be easily avoided and predicted and you know you deserve it when you hit by it. Shield bash is melee range and it can be predicted, you can avoid it and it doesn’t remove your abilities for more then 1 seconds.

Sombra’s hack usually comes with her stealth, which you know is coming but can almost never be predicted where from, when, and your reaction time (~0.5 seconds) 95% of the time can’t stop it (Pre-nerf Sombra shown it). It also removes your abilities completely for a few seconds, besides your primary fire, and it hurts a lot of heroes (Mercy, Lucio, Ana, Brig, all of the tanks, DF, etc).

3 Likes

I just don’t want a melee breaking my LoS

1 Like

how does a melee breaks your LOS? If you break LOS it interrupts your hack but it remains on cooldown and if you take damage it interrupts the hack and puts it on a 2 seconds cooldown.

1 Like

Rein can swing his hammer and break the LoS for Sombra. So you instantly go on cool down

1 Like

Hack needs a complete overhaul. Make it slower, but far more reliable, and that is a net buff without making it oppressive.

1 Like

its called “interrupted by damage”

The melee animation blocks the Hack, it doesn’t need to connect.

No, there is a video of it. Hack gets interrupted by Reins hammer swinging in-front of the hack.

1 Like

BANG BANG BANG

FBI OPEN UP!

2 Likes

People are getting way too excited just because Jeff replied.

We’ve heard all too often about changes coming only to be disappointed, and I cant help but think people are getting their hopes up for nothing once again.

1 Like

Well thats a bug then, fixing it is not a buff

1 Like

Hmm… maybe Hack must work more “Authentically”, rather then to broke trash gun, and no effects on high tech technology…

They should buff hack and make her entire kit more streamline to play with. You only complain about it being frustrating because you think you can’t use your weapon to counter this issue. You think you’ve lost that fight.
If you’re a Genji, I have no sympathy- you deserve it.
If you’re a Mercy, I laugh as you fall to the ground to suffer with the rest of us.
If you’re a Pharah, I treat you as Mercy, but I fear your massive burst damage.
If you’re a Hanzo, may God help you as my team jumps down your throat.
If you’re a Reinhardt, always watch your back.
If you’re a D.va, you deserve a wake-up call from your reality.
If you’re a Roadhog, then it’s time to make bacon.
If you’re a Brigitte, you really deserve to die.

Although if you’re a Lucio, I am deeply sorry about the !@# whooping you’ll be receiving, 'cus hack really does disable him. But does it make her OP? No.

She takes a peg of damage from ANYTHING and it’s on cooldown- not to mention latency and LoS check preventing you from catching a target that darts from the top of your screen to the bottom in quick succession. The bugs are annoying and have been ignored since her no-test-nerf up until now.
So I hope they make her kit more fluid in use and hack a stronger ability than what it is now-
Ideally, I want prenerf Sombra back, because people who whine are the people who deserve to get curbstomped.

6 Likes

The real truth:
If you’re a Sombra, plz switch…

“Aim is the true skill. Stop relying on your abilities so much. What?! I got hacked! Geez whiz I don’t know how to use my weapon.”

6 Likes

That’s the sad reality in what she’s become. And that annoys me to an aneurysm.

That is actually rude.