If you are a tank player

Please use your W key, S is removed.
When the fight is won, just take space and deny recontest, thank you very much

2 Likes

When is the fight “won”?

Because I’m telling you tank players have higher awareness of what is happening than DPS.

Just because you see the enemy Rein die or his shield break, doesn’t mean your tanks can take space.

There’s a fat chance one is peeling for supports because you aren’t or contesting high ground because you won’t. Another fat chance they are having to AFK for cooldowns so they don’t get bursted down by the Hanzo or Pharah you haven’t killed yet.

Saying stuff like that is ignorant.

“Tell me you only play DPS without telling me”.

19 Likes

Doubt that, the amount of time I’ve seen a McCree use his ultimate behind a Rein’s shield only for the Rein to drop his shield to start doing damage suggests otherwise

Team awareness comes down to rank and not role, it’s really a skill thing

I sure hope you’ve never accused your tank players of feeding because this is awful advice.

5 Likes

Presses W

Health Decreases → 600 to 300 in 1 second.

9 Likes

Alright but the moment I do don’t go flank. Be on the point with me. Because I can’t count how many times I’ve gone onto a point and the moment I do I see rest of my team just splits off trying to flank.

4 Likes

Don’t worry tank players, I have found a solution: just turn around and press W. Don’t listen to this guy, and dey say chivalry is ded.

2 Likes

Y’all say that and then won’t come with me when I go forward

3 Likes

Holds W*

I am a very agressive tank, and i tell my team at start and wait for everyone to group then run in hoping everyone is following more often then not they stay at choke and just poke after w or 3 times of that i give up on the match and just poke with my team

3 Likes

Hard when you get healers who wont heal and more focused on dps

1 Like

Honestly most tanks do except sigma and orissa players.

Here’s what happens when I play tank.

We’re on a map with a choke, let’s say Hanamura point A.

We poke a little at choke, and get 2 picks.

As main tank, I see this as an opportunity to push the remaining enemies, so I walk in.

My team doesn’t understand that by not following me, they’re essentially making me out of position and feeding.

Repeat a couple of times, at which point I recognise that my team will never follow me in and I have to play choke.

Timer is nearly up, and people on my team start typing in all chat “Our tanks are garbage, they never walk forwards”

The round ends.

The enemy is on attack. They get 2 picks, but their team all walk into point and push us with the presented opportunity.

We lose.

People on my team start raging in all chat, about how bad the tanks are or simply stating “Tank diff”.

I wonder why I ever queue for role, because it’s cursed.

1 Like

I press W, you wanna try to contest that soldier higround always 200 hp firing into me all day?

Deal?

1 Like

From what I have seen, tank players have the worst awareness I’ve ever seen.

I blame flex queue

Tank players at higher levels might have more awareness but I’ve given up hoping my partner tank will hold space after a fight. King’s Row is the best example. You win the first point and the enemy team are all dead. The other guy, usually playing Rein, then stands on the payload while it comes out and no matter how much I hint at him to come with me to hold the space further towards the enemy spawn they usually just spam voice lines and emote. Happens in 9 out of 10 KR games on attack.

I’ve done this strat many times. The problem comes when enemy has dive heroes and keeps killing my healers. This strat is kinda poop.

1 Like

Just press W.

Noted. Now I will know how to play tank properly.

This whole thing is so sytuational, yet people repeat the same stuff all the time.
Even if they are back and tank is on point in fight they complain about tank being to passive, as he is swining his hammer at other team.
This is why i ignore all this great advices about pressing w and being agressive, people saying that just do it because they saw others do it it seems not even getting what they are saying anymore.

1 Like

kind of depends. If your whole team is behind barrier, you are going to get nearly wiped. It might be worth the gamble to try and take him out sooner. REin barrier break and has teammates killed in a full team high noon