If Yeatle can lose gold games, what hope is there for the rest of us?

You think the light at the end of the tunnel is you winning every match whenever you sit down to play Overwatch?
Statistical anomalies will always exist. SR will always be the product of many, many games, these single-match anecdotes really mean nothing.

1 Like

It means randoms/solo queue is the worst way to play the game and should be avoided in favor of playing with a regular team.

I don’t think you understand what that means or what you’re talking about, to be honest. I’m sorry if that sounds like an insult, but it’s not meant that way.
Being “equalled out” means that you gain SR by winning and lose SR by losing. Thus being matched with opponents based on a closer approximation of your actual skill to make matches as fair as possible.

When you’re matched with other people on the same SR as yours, yet you play better than your SR indicates, you will statistically win and your SR will improve over time to reflect your skill. The game does not know your actual, current skill. It does not “equal you out” based on your actual skill. It “equals out” matches based on SR. If you play better than your SR indicates, again, your SR will rise through the fact that you will win more games than you lose.

If you understand all that you will know that being “equalled out” does not mean you get an even fight if your skill level is higher (or lower) than your SR.

1 Like

They may be the same SR, but they will be a smurf like me if I play 1000 SR lower. Or at least there may be one smurf. Or my 5 team mates are a bit weaker than theirs.

I had not long ago a crazy game where I wiped the floor with the enemy team on Pharah, because they refused to take hitscan. I got a whopping 34 SR which is very unusual. Next game I am up against two smurfs of at least Master level.

I had a similar experience today, where I smashed an enemy team, had 62% kill participation. Next game was unwinnable.

You will be equalled out.

ok, now tell me the % of games he lost when he was in gold.

he was probably in gold for like 2 hours. a few losses means nothing, win % over a large sample size is what proves anything.

you act like you’ve never seen a great athlete lose a game when they play great.

You’d probably benefit from reading this post, too.

1 Like

No, I’ve never ever seen a pro athlete lose a game to casual amateur players and beginners.

1 Like

Probably because most pros don’t team up with non pros. You can’t save a 1vs6 if your whole team is absolute garbage ur basically playing a 1v11 at that point.

If you’re not winning more than 50% of your games in that SR as you claim, you’re not a smurf.

Your thinking is very lackluster. You’re taking anecdotes as statistical evidence, which is deeply, deeply flawed. This will be my last post, I just wanted to say that you should think better. Have a good day :smiley:

If you put an NBA player into a pick up basketball game at the park made up of soccer dads, the NBA player’s team would win every single time.

This is the exact opposite conclusion you should come to…

The problem is players lacking game knowledge and moderate discipline. Not that the game is “too team oriented”.

SO many team fights in plat and below are lost before they begin because someone just HAS to leave spawn alone to poke damage at the enemy or start some wild flank - dying while the rest of the team is still respawning. Either that or people will live-lord for no reason on the objective and stagger themselves to the point where your team is constantly running 1 or 2 at a time back to an objective being held by 6 enemies.

Guaranteed, the above is what stops any player, of any skill, from winning games far below their actual elo.

You’re taking advantage of over-buffed heroes. Not a bad thing, just saying.

I would agree, especially if your base skill capability is gold-tier game play.

I suggest finding videos on YouTube that teach positioning, awareness, and game sense basics. Knowing the difference between “die on the payload” scenarios and those which require a quick reset; having the wherewithal to know that an enemy dps or support is unchallenged on a high-ground getting free value and challenging them; understanding when each enemy hero should have their ult is a huge asset (especially as DVa); these are the types of things that will permanently improve your gameplay and ability to climb, regardless of hero selection.

2 Likes

Don’t think about sr and climbing, think and focus on improving yourself - and climbing will naturally occur.

It’s the same philosophy with money - if you focus more on money rather than the work - you’ll probably earn less money and just frustrate yourself.

Btw what game was that? I wanna see how someone manages to lose with a GM in their lobby XD

I never realized this lmao you’re 100% right

I can’t post links. Just YouTube search Yeatle unranked to GM DVA. It’s the very first game.

1 Like

I don’t know how to link a post but it happens very rarely you can google it. Like I said he’s basically playing an 1v11 at this point.

Btw this is nothing new, I remember like 3 years ago Dafran losing games in gold. Happened to Ml7 2, happens to everybody, some games are just unwinnable - but it never stopped anyone from climbing. This is why only after like 50 games minimum in comp can you truly know your rank

What happens rarely? A pro basketball player losing a pick up game? That’s against very experienced players who are in excellent shape. An equivalent would be an Overwatch pro losing a Diamond game, which I could understand. But gold was surprising to me. Again, that would be like a pro basketball player losing a pick up game full of soccer dads.

No it wouldn’t a pro gamer is not a pro basketball player it’s like when someone is a bowler or pool player that’s a better way to describe it. There are physical abilities that happen in the real world you can’t beat. A video game is different.

Even a pro player isn’t going to have a 100% winrate while they climb. It doesn’t help they’re playing D.va who you can’t really carry on.

You’ll never have a 100% winrate. Just improve your gameplay and have a positive one