IF we were to replace Rez and Valk

That doesn’t make it any less broken.

You conveniently ignored the part where I asked what the counter play is. And the bit about contesting.

No, it doesn’t.

Reduce it to 4 seconds and this kind of power would basically just be Sound Barrier with less versatility of uses

I don’t see how it’s less versatile. EMP, Nano-DPS ults, one-shots (+ a couple of shots) will still kill someone through Lucio’s ult. Also, something like a Grav/Shatter DPS combo can easily chew through a Sound Barriered team. But this Ult is impervious to all of those.

How long does it take to burn through 750 health on a single target. Mosto f the time I see it it’s about 4 seconds Ish unless a combo is used and even then it can sustain for this long.

Hence 4 seconds. Less versatile because it’d be so much harder to use to push in with soaking up more minor damage for a longer duration

Difference being that once its over whatever HP you’re at is where you will be, so if you were left at 1 during the 5 seconds then you’re just dead after.

Hmm, this looks familiar…oh wait!

That’ll be because it’s basically taking a suggestion a reply to me had, and then giving it the ultimate name I’d given to my idea

2 Likes

Oh, well take credit for it. Did you also have the idea for the visual for it as well?

I would just add an overheal mechanic to her beam and ult. If her target is fully healed, that target would have up to 50 to 75 extra health while mercy is holding left click. If she switches targets that extra hp would dissipate over 2 or 3 seconds.

An AoE invulnerability for 5 seconds is like 10x worse than any version of mass rez that’s ever been pitched.

Ultimate: Ascension

Mercy ascends into a more powerful form. Activating your ultimate will cause Mercy to scream “This is to go even further beyond!” and she will continue screaming throughout her entire ultimate. All cool downs are nullified and you can fly indefinitely. On top of that, you can fire Symmetra orbs out of your hands in quick succession. Also, you can charge up a blue/red Moira Ult that does massive damage. Your hair will be upright and you will have a yellow zen-like aura emanating from you.

1 Like

You can still be reduced to 1 hp, and if no one heals you during that time you’re still dead just 5 seconds later.

Yes I realize that. That’s incredibly OP.

Make this just affect the Mercy and the target she is healing/boosting and you got yourself a pretty good idea…and also make her even more like TF2’s Medic, lol.

But I do like the idea. AOE seems a bit much, but considering it only last for a few seconds with the potential of having 1 hp after its done…maybe.

1 Like

How? I need more that just “its OP” Ar least I offered counter-play options.

Yea that’s the whole point, it isn’t just fire and forget. You have to engage for it to still have value after the fact.

It varies wildly. Also, you don’t need to burn through 750 because the shield decays. You probably only need to do 500-600 of the total 950 to kill them. Even then, some heroes (like Soldier) will take a lot longer than a Doomfist, or a Widow or a Nano-boosted DPS ult.

Yeah, but you’ll have healers. They’re going to be healing people in their own safety.

And again, what’s the counter play? And how do you deal with contesting?

It has a cast time, and anti-nade exists to prevent healing so affected targets will be free kills if not properly sustained during the ult time. Also it doesn’t heal for you, it just prevents you from dropping below 1 hp. YOU still have to heal to get the full value out of it.

The amount of damage that a hero can put out when they don’t have to worry about positioning or the possibility of pretty much anything short of a sleep dart is staggering. Combo with many of the DPS ults and you basically have an unstoppable killing machine.

Not to mention stopping at 1hp doesn’t mean they cannot be healed up from that. Combo in a trans ult right as it’s about to wear off to heal everyone back to full HP and you have probably the worst meta the game has ever seen.

People are able to do that NOW with other support combos. Plus it isn’t really an invul, just that for the duration you can’t die. You can still be affected by everything else except damage. If anything this is a proper counter to the stun meta.

There are no support combos that completely prevent death. You can reduce damage, you can drastically increase healing, etc. But all of those combos have many options for counter play.