If we were to heavily nerf damage boost

I think it would only be fair for Mercy to completely take back her main healer status.

Especially so she can be paired with utility supports again without putting her team’s lives on the line, we’re talking mainly Lucio, Brig (after her ult rework) and Zen (after Discord adjustments especially).

Some ideas would be:

Regeneration (Passive)

• decreased time out of combat from 1.5s to 1s

Caduceus Staff

• healing per second increased from 55 to 60
  • damage boost reduced from 30% to 15%

Resurrect

• cooldown reduced from 30s to 25s

Valkyrie

• chain beam healing per second reduced from 60 to 50
  • main target beam healing per second increased from 60 to 70
  • chain beam damage boost remains 15%
  • main target beam damage boost increased to 30%

*Comments: the goal of these changes is to turn Mercy away from the pocket playstyle by pretty much halving it’s effectiveness and instead move her into the main healer slot.

By increasing her healing, she can not only act as the main healing source of the team but also charge her ultimate quicker to compensate for her still overall lower potential healing output compared to other main healers.

The changes to Resurrect are to further further compensate for the big damage boost nerf, since she would still lack behind other healers raw healing wise*

I am open for further change ideas, these are just for fun anyway.

Sounds good to me, but here’s how I’d do it.

OVERHAUL TO DAMAGE BOOST

1. Limit damage boosts to a maximum of 100% or 2x.
  2. Turn Headshots into damage boosts.
  3. Limit all Headshots to a maximum of 100% or 2x.
  4. Adjust the affected Heroes.

Here’s how I would adjust those heroes:

MERCY

• +10 HPS on teammates on/near the ground (indicated by an arcane circle below the teammate)
  • No beam disconnect when casting Valk
  • GA can target teammates behind walls (But not fly through the wall)
  • Flying to a teammate gives a little burst heal to a player on the ground. Between 20-40hp depending on GA travel distance. (indicated by an arcane circle below the teammate, that does a glowing pulse visual)
Comments: Brings Mercy closer to that “Former Main Healer” status she used to have by giving her 65hps on grounded teammates. While also giving an easy way for devs to balance PharMercy later. And some big frustrations with Mercy players are Valk beam breakage, and slowly dying off a cliff begging a teammate to come to the edge. It also opens up a whole new realm of movement, and selfpeel for Mercy. The fun stuff. The burst heal is also nice, and encourages a more “Ping Pong” style instead of a “Pocket” style of healing. And this can be adjusted later if it’s popular.

Fun fact: the nerf to damage boost would hurt her so much, that you would need to push her healing up to Moira/Ana HPS for her to be relevant. That would lead to immortal DPS. Otherwise it would just be a flat nerf. 60 HPS is not enough if you cut damage boost in half. In that case you would need to replace damage boost, because +15% is not worth the time.

4 Likes

Inb4 “60 hp/s is a balancing problem” or “Mercy heal enables problematic metas”, etc

3 Likes

I thought of reducing Resurrect’s cooldown as compensation but was too hesitant due to people usually freaking out when Resurrect is ever mentioned in any kind of balance change.

My idea was a reduction from 30s to 25s

Dont. Rez is currently at a good place. You cant buff it, because otherwise you will make her more obnoxious to face. You cant nerf or buff current Mercy.

If you want to rework her, sure, but then remove, damage boost, rez and valk and start from there.

Tbh if I was to rework her, I’d tie rez to her ult anyway.

That would look completely different than this mere “rebalance”

You cant “rebalance” her either. Thats why I mean: rework her or leave her be. Otherwise we will have a problem either way.

True, that’s why I think rebalancing Mercy will prove to be more difficult than to just nerf the problematic dps (aka Sojourn)

1 Like

Mercy is poor hero design and has no place in a competitive game. Having a pocket Mercy is like using a cheat code. Blizzard needs to delete her or rework her entire kit into a self dependent hero.

Rework and completely change identity of a most popular hero, in the history of the game. Popular to the point, that they said, that they will be releasing a new one, with similar play style. Yeah, like that will happen :rofl:

Poor hero design? Nice troll post again, are happy trolling every time?, same has others.

Sigh. Another. Cheers!
:beer:

I am seriously afraid about your liver at this point…

I think it is a conspiracy against you. They do it on purpose so you get liver damage…