"If We Tone Mercy Down Too Much - We will Bring her Back"?

Hey Jeff and the Overwatch team,

Remember in this video during your January 25th Dev update?

When you get to the topic on Mercy changes and go into detail about the Mercy changes / nerfs? I have always been wondering about the part where you say “If we tone her down too much, we will bring her back.”

I tried looking through many of your other statements regarding Mercy in this specific instance but couldn’t find anything that talks about what exactly is meant there. Do you think you can tell us what you meant by “We’ll bring her back?”

I figure that since it’s been about 4 months or so, if it was appropriate then to ask if you and devs felt that she was actually toned down too much, or not enough, or is just fine right now. I would be very interested in what you guys think concerning her current state and what clarification can be given on the “we’ll bring her back” statement. I also feel that it would kind of… clear the air with the confusion on the hero and the heated debates that tend to occur about her on these forums…

Of course you can just ignore this and treat it like “just another Mercy thread” and throw it in the abyss in the Mercy Feedback Thread, with the others. I dunno, I just thought I’d ask…

Many thanks!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

91 Likes

292 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

That would be “then you should have said”.

:wink:

Edit: Somehow, this post is still in this thread even though everything else got moved. HI MODS!

1 Like

Why did I receive a notification about this xD

Wait, they didn’t even lock the thread…

1 Like

What just happened here? lol

Forum Moderator Note: …excellent question. It’s supposed to auto-close the topic. O.o

Closing now.

3 Likes