If Sombra's nerfed, how would you compensate her?

Where did they state they were nerfing her?

Does she take away the roac…I mean, Pharah’s rockets? No? Then you can shoot. Shoot her(or her team)!

The problem with that is I’ve seen some players Translocate up to the Pharah to hack her which makes it exponentially more difficult for Pharah to counter the Sombra, and when Pharah gets on the ground, she’s as good as dead.

A “leak” from the pros that everyone thinks is confirmed, mostly to drive the idea of “dps/pro favoritism” hate.

Why is that a problem? Pharah is not supposed to be a Sombra counter…

Here it is.

1 Like

That would be really good!

1 Like

Telefragging was one of my favorite things in Unreal Tournament so that’d be a welcomed change to me.

The difference being Symmetera can only attack anyone within 7m and has no way to deal with anyone above her. So the way her primary weapon is designed it is quite more unfair to her then it is to anyone else. Especially considering most DPS units including Sombra can do a TTK of 200 damage in 2 seconds. While Symmetera can only do 90 damage in 2 seconds. ( which is a little bit less than half of Sombra’s damage in the same time frame )
Or to put it more plainly Symmetera has a mountain of downsides to her attack.

In Sombra’s case there is no downside for her. She has a 0.6s ability that - does not force CD on cool down on fail, infact it is quite near impossible to fail a hack unless the Sombra is quite clueless in what they are doing.

If hack is going to be a “fair” ability it has to be a projectile - where Sombra has a chance to miss and force a CD. Same way Ana’s sleep dart goes on CD if she misses.

1 Like

I would increase her speed back to where it was but give her a threshold of how much damage she can take before being actually interrupted. Like D.VA can interrupt a Sombra halfway across the map if one bullet that barely does a half a point of damage hits her. I think that will separate better of who is actually intentionally trying to interrupt her and people who accidentally interrupt her because of their weapon spread and they happen to be in the line of sight. Currently, 2/3 of Sombra’s abilities require you to absolutely take no damage whatsoever in a game where people a shooting everywhere all the time.

3 Likes

This. Please do this. That or cut down the time from 2s to 1s.

3 Likes

Way to miss my point. I’m taking about being rational about the end result.

you don’t know how long I’ve waited for someone to mention a 0x40 round mag.

Give her a hack damage interrupt threshold like 5 dmg. There are times where notably D.va bullets hit you and do zero damage due to distance drop off but hack is still interrupted. Since the nerfs went through I’d give her some ult charge through self healing. It honestly feels like I have no impact until I use EMP, it’s like Old Sombra but worse since Hack isn’t as good but I still can’t build ult through healing.

I don’t think she’s weak. I think she’s a sleeper kind of like Genji back when the game first came out and people thought that he sucked.

Yes. This. So much this.

It was hilarious in UT2k4, and it would be hilarious in Overwatch.

Clearly the amount of time you have on Sombra shows how much you know about her.

Clearly your experience with PC gaming shows…something something derogatory.

Seriously, did you have a point?

No point. When you don’t play a hero at all you definitely know how good they are. She definitely is a hidden sleeper pick. People will catch on you just wait.

She’s my 8th most played hero, tied with pharah and ana.

You do understand that there is a “see more” button on profiles, and that people are more than just their top 4 or 5.