If rumors are true I don't see bans being great for game

Every game that I’ve played with bans ends up leading to the same outcomes which ends up making certain characters almost completely unplayable.

Ban a top tier and counter ban said counter if top tier is removed.

Contrary to belief, I don’t feel map choice is a strong enough point to not make this rotation a thing.

I just don’t know about this banning thing.

Ironically enough, according to a poll people would just ban damage heroes, like Widow, Hanzo, Doom, and Mei.

But I am willing to bet then people will complain about double barrier, and not understand that damage no longer can get picks easily.

1 Like

That’s early talk because they were annoyed, the same way people thought 2/2/2 would give them free wins cause lol5dps.

When the dust settles top tier picks, then counters of what’s left will be main bans. I can see Widow/Hanzo/Tracer/Doom/Orisa/Moira Never being played in this game again.

And then people will complain about the next thing, like Ashe, Hammond, Bap, see where I’m going with this?

People just wanna complain, they don’t actually want to work as a team.

1 Like

Banning allows more heroes to be playable. Bans work in other heroes-based game, and those games are also based on counters.

• You can ban some counters and pick heroes you wouldn’t have been able too before.

• Since there is much more “tier2” heroes than there is “top tier” heroes, banning top tier heroes allows you to play tier2-3 heroes with less disavantages.

• Banning allows you to compensate for balance hicups. (IE : ban mercy during the “merci rez” meta) and blizzard will have to properly balance the perma-banned stuff. This will also avoid the game being stale when one strategy is entirely dominant.(goat meta)

The only people that don’t want bans are one-tricks, and the people aware they are playing obnoxious heroes that are unfair and makes the game boring for others.

That’s all fine and dandy for the cultish GM/top500 meta-slaves, but the rest of us dont need our peers deciding who we shouldnt be allowed to play. End of story.

There’s never been a game I’ve known where hero bans gave more variety. In a game like Overwatch where you can switch characters on the fly I don’t see how bans will increase diversity, just making some counters unplayable.

Rumor is fake

4 Likes

Thank god. Blizz isn’t completely insane just yet.

1 Like

Then don’t play competitive games. Lol. QP is the place for people that don’t care about balance.