If rein is meta for another year I expect actual nerfs this time

Sigma & Orisa are now both dead, leaving Rein as main shield tank. If (more like when) he is meta for the next year or 2, I expect him to get actual nerfs this time. I hate Rein/Zarya with such a burning passion, the ONLY reason I ever even TOUCHED shield tank was because of Sigma and OCCASIONALLY Orisa. Now that they have been thrown in the gutter (god forbid any other shield is use-able besides rein) I’m done with the entire role. Off tanks are jokes. Back to support and DPS I go.

3 Likes

What are you talking about

I don’t false flag people, I don’t even flag people just explain

Not you mate but I have been 14 days banned without reason. Only meta tanks or healers is allowed in the game. that is my point
example: goats and moth

Well sh1t, most of people actually enjoy rein zarya and hate double shield.
The game isn’t balanced around you buddy.

2 Likes

Yea double barrier is just awful, but Rein has a huge one hehehehe

It’s balanced around Gm/OWL but when Rein is basically a must pick he’s left alone.

It actually isn’t, sadly.

Beacuse he is well balanced and also requeries so much more skill and game sense compared to other main tanks (not including monkey)

Then what is it balanced around? Platinum has no meta, never has and never will. Also,

It is balanced around GM and OWL.

No he doesn’t

1 Like

How does orisa requeries more skill compared to rein like what

How does Rein require more skill than Orisa, since I’m pretty sure all of his “skillful” elements can be applied to her as well.

Mind games vs enemy rein, abusing hammer’s hitbox, shield play.
With orisa you literally just place shield, shoot shield, shield’s dead, you use fortify, next shield and repeat.

Rein still sees plenty of use, it’s only in the past week or so he’s seen more use than Orisa in GM.

In any other rank, he’s still the top picked tank.

That’s extremely watered down and you can do that to any hero.

With Rein, you hold shield, throw a fire strike as soon as it’s off cooldown, hold shield, swing if someone gets a lil too close, hold shield, hold shield, use ult and swing, hold shield & repeat

I’m referring to the new nerfs to Orisa & Sig

oh jolly boy i cant wait for rein to be the most picked tank for the next 6 months until people want him and zarya to be nerfed to hell! FUN

I know, but they’re not so vastly outperforming Rein in GM, indeed they’re not at all at any rank below GM, that there’s any way this isn’t just going to see a hard swing back to Rein-Zarya meta.

I don’t even know what meta they’re targeting, OWL is pretty much done for the season and will be over by the time these are at any risk of going live.

3 Likes

Oh no I’ve been an advocate for Rein and zarya nerfs for years since all they get are raw buffs.

These changes will bring back Rein + Zarya combo, which is the cheesiest one ever.
Zarya gains ez energy charge them hides behind Rein’s massive and generous hp shield is so cheese. Let’s also not forget they both have powerful CC ultimates.
At least Sigma + Orisa combo was reasonable and fair.

1 Like

I just wish we can go back to the days where having no main tank wasn’t an automatic loss against people who did.