If NFL teams were created by random lot each week, coaches would prize a different skill set from what they do currently

Hmmm ok I see what you’re getting at now. I honestly think comparing it to a professional level sports team is a false equivalency.

Competitive ladder/LFG is more analogous to a pick-up game. You typically go to a park and play with whoever is playing there. In a pick-up game, you don’t know how good your teammates will be either

Maybe have a clan system?

Just had a dps on Pharah that managed to blow themselves up three times. Then left as enemy stormed it in for 3-0.

Think they got one final blow?

All well and good practising heroes. With a clan you could do that in an organised fashion.

Not throw the game for five strangers, then get the hump and leave.

I’ve written this season off completely. It’s more random than QuickPlay right now.

I’m just practising random crap as well. If so many people are soft throwing then I’ll join them.

1 Like

Not to mention this is like showing up to a pick-up game where there are 10,000 other players

1 Like

but you see the same faces, and you don’t make teams by random lot, you have a 2 captains and they choose their players

that’s incorrect, the same people go down each Saturday, sometimes they bring their friends. you see a familiar crowd.

Now this I can get behind. I would call it a “team” system but analogous to clans in other games, anyway. Perhaps they even get their own competitive mode and the SR is for the team instead of individuals.

I think something like this should be the next “big” thing they work on.

1 Like

Not really. People who love playing pick-up games to get better go to different parks and challenge different people

right, so they stay on the same team, right?

I read the OP but I still don’t know what exactly you’re complaining about.

Pro team coaches -> coach in one way
PUG coaches -> coach another way

Blizzard, if you didn’t have the time or money to make a great (IMO) LFG right off the bat I understand. But to continue doing (insert what exactly are you complaining about here) is a shame.

I gotta go, I’ll be back later, and explain in great detail, thanks for reading

No, for example, a few of my friends go alone to a park (singular) and try to play pick-up games with complete strangers

It’s got to be.

This season is the worst ever in terms of matchmaking.

There’s at least one boosted or soft throwing player per game, sometimes up to three or more per team.

Well, it is a Beta…

1 Like

Role prison isn’t good, but this is a poor analogy.

Yup. Not sure how suddenly making it “official” is going to make the problems disappear.

222 QuickPlay would help. Pretty much impossible to practice properly in qp as utter garbage mode. Hence why so many soft throwing with unfamiliar heroes.

I generally try hard. But if one team member obviously throwing I whip out a new hero. It’s actually worked a couple of times.

Totally get you man

I don’t know how many times this season where I’ve encountered a widow that i just straight up clicking heads

For reference, I’m bounce between high Gold and low Plat

1 Like

I was super sad when it turned out that 222 quickplay was a “bug” on day 1. I actually liked how it was, briefly, locking each role to 2 instead of having a QP role queue.

If I understand correctly though they will have role queue QP when role queue goes live

2 Likes

Yeah. Got to.

Comp is currently untenable if it stays as it is.

Almost every game will contain an effectively boosted player due to broken placements, or people practising.

depriving us of a robust LFG system. you need to work on your antecedent identification.

fine, Overwatch ladder is like pick-up games of basketball in the park…I don’t want it to be. Give me a good LFG. QoL for the LFG, so I can know which way we’re going, mid or upstairs on Nubani, before the spawn timer starts counting down

You sound great at a party. Good luck finding 5 other people who’d want to play with you.

@below: That went over your head didn’t it.

Thanks! Would you like to play a game of overwatch with me? Let me know and I’ll send you a friend request.

if you change your mind, let me know :+1: