If Hog is too powerful...Ana!

Immune to death =/= imumune to damage…

The last part I’d stretching but her nade is what keeps her there.

Here we go again with out of context stats supporting an already established biased conclusion.

Let’s put these stats into perspective.

https://i.imgur.com/xRTTVdQ.png

Hog is being played over 100% of the time right now, and was recently buffed while all of his competition in his role were nerfed. And has been known to destroy tanks as far back as triple tank when he was shredding shields back then.

Ana is being used the most, not all of the time. All of her competition in her role were nerfed to the ground, and she has also received nerfs. Ana absolutely needs other supports that can peel for her and to cover her weakness’.

So not only are you wrong:

She’s not picked more, but your entire argument is nothing more than whataboutism based on out of context evidence. To nobodies surprise, there is a lot more to a hero’s place in any given meta than pick rates and win rates.

so what you mean is that winston should be overpowered right? or widow should one shot on a body shot. taking skill means nothing when it comes to power

I’m pretty sure you ignore damage after you reach the low hp threshold…

Yo, chill.

From your posts throughout this thread in general it seems as if you want to gut Ana just because she has ridiculously high stats. While I certainly agree that Ana needs to be nerfed ASAP and especially her most oppressive aspect of her kit, Nade, it’s also common sense that win rates/pick rates aren’t the only factors used to determine balance, even if they’re the only stats that are available.

We also need to take into consideration other factors, such as the balance state of the rest of the supports (as many of them like Brigitte, Baptiste and Moira have been seriously nerfed up to the point of obscurity). And let’s not forget that Ana is arguably one of the Supports with the highest skill requirements (especially when compared to some of the easiest heroes in the game like Moira, Mercy and old Brigitte), so therefore her being stronger and therefore having higher stats is only natural (even though, still, her win rate/pick rate is absolutely ridiculous at the moment nonetheless).

I really hope you realize I was being sarcastic.

No, because the devs balance off player feedback, not stats.

And lately the main drive of nerfs is just reverting a lot of the buffs we’ve had

Now to be fair, you raise an interesting point in that after Ana got added in virtually all cases where a hero, an ability or an ability combination went from “overpowered” to “truly suffocating other options” it was because of Nano Boost in particular.

Not Ana as a whole, mind you. Her grenade might be insanely strong, but what causes this shifting effect is her Nano Boost, more so after healing was added to it so now it can be used on targets such as Hog or D.Va reliably.

That being said, Ana as a whole I see as very strong but not… not overpowered, really? Her interactions with other heroes are, but not her own kit in a vacuum. Plus she has to aim, which is something setting her apart from Roadhog with his super-lenient hitboxes.

But what they could do is make Ana more about long-range healing again, less about empowering a team-wipe ult:

• Projectile speed slowed marginally. If need be, fire rate in scoped mode marginally buffed to compensate.
  • Grenade now has a maximum value attached to either effect, “Blocks up to X healing” and “Adds up to Y additional healing”. Dunno about precise numbers. In return, radius and +healing effects restored to the old pre-nerf values, making the grenade easier to utilize even if a Lucio moonwalks in front of it each time you try to throw it.
  • Nano Boost healing removed. Don’t get me wrong, I think it was super important this was added, but this isn’t the right fix either.
  • Maybe try this: Healing removed. Instead of 50% reduction and boost, now 30%. Also gives 30% movement speed. On application instantly resets skill CDs, and during its duration skills recharge 30% faster and you generate 30% more ult charge. Basically “30% everything”, in a way. Also apply the 30% boost to healing output, come to think of it!

Add more support to make Ana not a must pick then we’ll talk about her being over-tuned or not. We basically have like 4 healers to pick from, other than the ones are just deleted by the nerfs they got.

Ana is ez mode

just like hog

Pretty much sounds like Hook, dsnt it? :wink:

And where exactly do you have a confirmation for this? Yeah, they’ve used things like “fun” as a factor for changes, but it’s never almost exclusively been about player feedback unless they’re testing something like 1-3-2 or hero pools.

correct me if im wrong but doesnt this stat-site go off public profiles? the sample size must be small if thats the case because most people have their profiles set to private. so heroes should not be judged on a limited sample size of data?

Sometimes Hog feels totally unfair, but I keep losing games where I successfully hook almost 20 people. He feeds the enemy dps so much they can turn the tables on him quite easily.

1 Like

You just proved yourself wrong. They said they don’t do it solely on stats, not that they don’t involve stats in their balance choices.

Though I disagree on “ana isn’t overpowered”, I think nade applying a heal absorb like in WoW rather than a heal block is kind of a neat idea

Truth has as been spoken.

a hook with unlimited range