If hero melees were accurate, who would be impacted the most?

I personally think it would be Winston. Gorilla hits HURT, and his jump + melee combo is also an important part of his damage. Just imagine getting dealt at least 120 damage because Winston jumped at you.

Reinhardt’s hammer would probably 1-shot most heroes. And Briggitte’s regular attack would probably stun/boop people.

2 Likes

Genji would be right up there.

2 Likes

I mean definitely the tanks for sure. You have a wide spread of brutal melee hits:

• Sigma and Orisa: Normal, nothing fancy.
  • Winston: Yeah a gorilla hook? no thanks, thats broken ribcage 100%.
  • Roadhog: Uses a meat hook … I mean do I need to elaborate?
  • Zarya: She is a weightlifter … hitting you with a heavy weapon’s stock.
  • Reinhardt: Already does 75 damage
  • Dva : Bionic arms for enhanced damage.

Genji’s weapon would add bleed damage for sure.

4 Likes

Think about it the other way, an Ana or Mei melee might end up giving HP to the other player since their effort on the melee is so weak

1 Like

Reaper would suck to get punched by, considering the spikes on his forearm.

Mercy would not be a comfortable impact, either. Nothing like getting the full leverage of a polearm upside the dome.

And Zen… oof.

Zen would kick you right in the balls and one shot kill you.

1 Like

i think orisa would do more damage. like zarya punches. Orisa’s melee has a strong feeling everytime i melee with it

To himself or to others?

I feel being made of metal would negate most weaknesses, but you have someone travelling at the speed of sound with razor sharp blades, that’s gonna make for some crazy bleed damage.

1 Like

All the Omnic characters would definitely pack a punch. That’s a cold, hard, metal machine, right there.

Now imagining Zen kicking someone right in the gentles before throwing the fully charged volley and waving with, “Death! Death! Death… is whimsical today.”

3 Likes

Genji cleanly cut a car in half in Doomfist’s backstory

Additionally, Winston (enraged) seems to be stronger than Doomfist (hence how he lost and ended up in prison)

There is also a voiceline interaction where Sombra pokes fun at him losing to Winston. (Although, I could be wrong and this voiceline was aimed at Reaper and not DF)

So winston ult would one shot squishies and nothing, not even dva’s 2 ton meka, would survive blade, let alone nanoblade.

It’s Doomfist, don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue:
Sombra: “Isn’t it a little embarrassing to get beaten up by a monkey?”
Doom: “Have you ever been hit by a giant, genetically engineered gorilla?.. I could arrange it for you.”

1 Like

Clearly Torbs hammer…

2 Likes

A punch from a robot centaur? With 4 sturdy legs? Prolly hurts more than the gorila

Not really, Bastion and Zen are Omnics too, sure the metal is heavier but the strenght … nah.
Let me remind you that Winston is the only one that can handle with his fists a Rocket Punch from Doomfist (see the DF origin short).

Yeah, I am going to go with the Gorilla on this one :smiley:

"Patch Notes - December 13th, 2020

Genji can now backstab with his Melee, dealing crit damage"

I mean, how much damage does a regular punch do? 10? 20?

Reinhardt’s would be insane regardless. Getting hit by a rocket hammer would probably OHKO most people, even other tanks.

Personally I’m not looking to catch a rocket punch from Doom.

Rien would insta-kill

Orisa probably concussion if not insta-kill

Winston would definitely suck

Technically Rein doesn’t have a true melee. He is like a baseball batter who can’t bunt or hit singles, only big home run swings only.

I think impact wise Roadhog ends up hitting the hardest due to being strong enough to single arm pull other tanks 20+ feet, then crack them in the head with a boat anchor.

the tricky issue is Tracer being force is mass multiplied by acceleration. So is her blink an acceleration or a time skip? If it’s an acceleration she might be the hardest hitting pure impact.

1 Like