If D.va is so OP

Dva is below 50% with mccree on masters.

It is pretty big deal when she’s lower than roadhog, soldier, pharah and bastion.

She also drags winston down with her because 2-2-2 dive is very difficult to make work in ladder.

Genji who’s an actually good hero, enjoys 6.04% pickrate and 52.67% winrate lol, in a meta that supposedly doesn’t favour him at all.

Dva even jumps in pickrates in GM because of goats… but her winrate doesn’t get any better. Genji instead gets a solid 55.19% winrate by spamming nanoblade.

4 Likes

Bad D.Va players do badly when their crutch is kicked out from under them.

Big shocker.

Oh right the argument that GM dva players are all just hella bad. All GM players become super bad players when a hero is weakened, instead of adapting like they’ve been doing so far.

Just like the mercy mains were all just hella bad when they got dumped down to masters, despite always being GM mercy mains before mercy buffs ever happened, when mercy’s healing capacities were weakened greatly.

4 Likes

The winrate drop in GM is negligible, as I’ve said. Good D.Va players don’t have an issue making new Matrix work.

The change only affected bad D.Va players who mindlessly toggled it on and off and couldn’t identify the appropriate time to use it.

D.Va can still be just as effective when piloted by someone who knows when, where and how they should be using matrix.

And so, all the current arguments of “nerf dva some more” boil down to that because defence matrix wasn’t nerfed enough for some people since dva players can still make halfway gutted ability work for them, this is unacceptable and it needs to be nerfed even more for insert reason so it’ll become a useless ability since people still cannot seem to be able to play around it and it’s limitations.

But it certainly fundamentally changed some matchups between dva and the cast, like tracer where you can no longer feather matrix her clips. That’s no longer about player skill anymore.

Mindless nerfing is still mindless, dva is not OP and not reason goats exists in it’s current form and blabla all that.

4 Likes

When the change had virtually no effect on good players it obviously wasn’t a successful nerf.

So instead lets make rest of the playerbase struggle for no reason cuz they aren’t quite as good or smart as the best of the best dva players. 10/10.

Oh and because the best of the best still dare use her, she obviously needs to struggle some more.

It’s like symm doesn’t need buffs because she was used in OWL lol.

4 Likes

I don’t see the issue with bad players being forced to improve instead of relying on spam toggling matrix as a crutch.

It’s a competitive game afterall, I genuinely don’t understand why players wouldn’t want to improve.

Adapting to all kinds of nerfs and reworks all the time is doable, but tiresome.

What I see an issue with is everyone constantly whining for nerfbats even after she just got a darn nerfbat, determined to gut her remaining viability, because “owl this owl that”.

We are not pros and we don’t play in owl. Even goats is barely played succesfully on ladder. Where its more genji nanoblade meta more than anything.

I beg to differ, one can feel the matrix and armor nerf when they’re playing dva.

Inside of goats, not much changed at all, besides more mindgames to eat that graviton surge and seemingly struggling to eat all rein firestrikes. Outside of it, most certainly.

Dva is not the reason goats remains strong, so dva’s balancing aspects outside of goats should be taken into account so the hero doesn’t become weakened outside of very specific meta.

3 Likes

Her viability wasn’t affected to begin with.

Being able to feel the nerf isn’t the same as having the hero’s viability affected.

I could feel the change to Zenyatta’s right click when it had it’s nerf 10 or so months ago, it doesn’t mean his viability was affected, in D.Va’s case it just means you need to be more particular about what should be matrixed.

Same reason why matrix should not be nerfed any more, despite loads of people still shouting for dva nerfs. Rein doesn’t need to be particular about what is he shielding, current zarya barely needs to think what she’s bubbling as long as the person is being shot, orisa is still spamming her shield whenever possible.

Loads of aspects of dva have been nerfed to barely viable, yet people still claim dva can delete any hero with her 126dps 8 second cd micromissiles that miss targets due to their projectile nature and how all of their ultis got munched by dva, which doesn’t happen even in owl and then demand more and more nerfs.

If dva really needs to be very particular about what she’s matrixing, more nerfs truly means killing the ability off or making it far too difficult to use without gaining enough benefits from using it. She doesn’t deserve for matrix to be killed off because people hate her so much for doing what tank is supposed to do.

2 Likes

D.va isnt OP she is more versatile in movement.High ground advantage ,great escapes…etc.Now i dont agree on the mech call after a ultimate though.That should be regen call like if it was destroyed by a player.

A 20% shift downward is not negligible. It’s not a 1-100 scale up there, it’s a 52-56 scale (on the standard error), 1 percentage point is massive.

You cherry pick stats, and can’t even read the ones you do want to bring to the table.

1 Like

You can keep saying this but it won’t make it true.

Ladder pickrates should be ignored as a whole, I’ve said this countless times. The forums refuse to put them aside so I’m forced to use them if I want to actually have an argument with someone.

At the end of the day only bad D.Va players who used matrix toggling as a crutch were affected by this change and that is fact, if they don’t want to get better that’s their problem.

Ignoring ladder pickrates is ignoring the whole game.

Symmetra was used in owl, doesn’t mean she’s not weak and barely outdamages a zen. Sombra is used in owl as ulti bot, doesn’t mean sombra is not in a bad spot for the general playerbase.

OWL may be the idealistic version of how people want Overwatch to be played, but it’s not the realistic one of a soloqueuer. And thus is should not be the only thing that matters from balancing point of view. I mean they don’t wanna buff symm or bastion because they feel they’d be too oppressive for low ranks. Doomfist was oppressing ladder players and then he got gutted, he had nothing to do with pro leagues.

Though on the same breath they buff reaper, hoping he will destroy goats in owl. Heh.

1 Like

You could also look at stats from Contenders, which is very realistic for the general playerbase to get into.

The general playerbase has either school or work, like me and don’t got time to scrim 6-8 hours a day with 144hz monitors and hardware to match. 80% of the playerbase is playing in bronze-plat dude, they aren’t gonna hit contenders.

So you ignore the pick rates, but you want to bring win rates into it because it suits you. Not only do you bring them in, you deliberately misrepresent them as “barely changed”, which is not even close to true within the standard deviation of those very stats - they’ve actually changed significantly.

2 Likes

I don’t want to bring them in at all, I was replying to someone else who brought winrates up as a point multiple times.

So do many players in Contenders.

Most Contenders teams in AU scrim no more than 2 hours a day to my knowledge, I doubt it’s much different for the other regions (Korea and China are likely the only real exceptions, not certain though)

You don’t need top of the line hardware do to well.

If they try to improve they will improve, with the obvious exception being those with physical disabilities, which I’d assume is a small portion of the playerbase.

People in GM don’t just have some freak genetic that allows them to be better at the game than everyone else, they got there by playing with the goal of improving.