If D.va is so OP

… why is she always the one swapped for sombra? :thinking:

8 Likes

That’s a separate discussion really. D.Va can be OP and not a core part of GOATS at the same time.

For the record, I agree with you. I think once Brig is properly nerfed, most tanks will be balanced or even underpowered.

1 Like

She was the only real staple pick, always at top tiers, I believe at one point she was also the only hero to be at S tier.

That’s what I have at least.

5 Likes

Honestly, it is probably an unpopular opinion; however, the only tank that I believe is “op” is Zarya. She has probably the second highest DPS behind Bastion, second best ultimate (and because of her damage, among the fastest charge time), and of course the ability to counter burst for herself and one other. Oh, and recoverable health via shields and a favorable hit-box for a tank. She is the real issue and without her, goats could not function with such low damage. I am not saying she is responsible for Goats or even a problem. I am just saying if she was less oppressive, other compositions would exist.

2 Likes

I’ve hated Brig since PTR while all the bronze players insisted that she was balanced just because she was a support hero. I think she’s ok now. What would you change about her?

1 Like

Her burst healing from her repair pack nullifies any sustain damage and is what enables the GOATS comp. Nerf/rework that ability and she’ll be fine. She may even need some minor buffs to other parts of her kit after that.

And even before this she was swapped out for Mei on occasion. I’m truly shocked that the people who spent 3 years whining how D.Va is the sole cause of the current meta and always being wrong aren’t the best judges of balance. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Dva has like an 87% pickrate bud

12 Likes

man this forum. 1 week. 1 week sombra has been creeping up and you are crying foul.

look at her pickrate thru multiple metas and you see how she is OP

4 Likes

People are complaining about D.Va’s pickrate after one week of this season, too. See the parallel?

3 Likes

She’s not OP to the point of being a must pick like Mercy was, doesn’t change the fact she’s still got a near-100% usage rate throughout 2 back to back metas.

Her nerf was less than a slap on the wrist, if anything she needs to cop more nerfs.

The Sombra thing is simple; you lose too much damage if you swap Zarya, in a GOATS context the OT(s) are almost exclusively for assisting the main tank due to how Brigitte can protect the supports herself, D.Va’s DM isn’t necessarily a shoe-in because of it’s ridiculous versatility and power in this comp because of the support line, so D.Va has to go instead. It’s common even on ladder to see D.Va swapped out for a DPS hero when you’re not running full GOATS, despite this she’s still maintained the highest usage rate in professional play, this indicates there’s a balance issue.

If her usage rate was closer to 50-60% (Instead of almost 90) then maybe you’d have an argument.

Because she’d had a near 100% pickrate through both OWL Season 1 and the OWWC… This season is just more evidence towards the fact that she’s overtuned/overpowered.

What you’re saying would be like saying “People were complaining about Mercy’s pickrate after 1 week of OWL” in season 1 when there was the World Cup, Preseason and various T2-T3 tournaments that demonstrated Mercy was too powerful, this is simply more evidence.

2 Likes

Zarya’s max damage (190dps at 100 charge) is lower than Bastion (525 Sentry), Roadhog (215), and Reaper (280) before crits, and below basically every DPS but Genji without ult when accounting for crits, and ESPECIALLY when accounting for range and mobility (ie most DPS can better get themselves in positions to do damage)

Her hitbox is small for a tank but by the time you’re mid plat most people can aim well enough they’ll hit her anyways, just like Reaper and Doomfist who have similar sizes.

She can counter burst… for two seconds at a time on a 10/12s cooldown.

I am not saying she is responsible for Goats or even a problem. I am just saying if she was less oppressive, other compositions would exist.

“I’m not saying she is responsible for GOATs but if she wasn’t so good other comps would be good. Up is down and red is blue.” well congrats because triple/quad DPS is a thing in OWL anyways.

1 week of OWL season 2… and the entire OWWC, and the entire season 1 of OWL… thats the point of the complaining, because she’s been a key piece throughout the whole pro scene

2 Likes

Nothing sucks more when she just charges at you with mini missiles while having defense matrix out as any DPS, you’re gonna die more than likely if your HP is below 250.

I just hate how she can use Mini Missiles and DM at the same time, I wish she had to choose, since both of those abilities in unison literally is free damage.

2 Likes

hey, it’s not 95% anymore!! game fixed!!

1 Like

Something does suck more:

When you’re playing Ana and she encases your DPS in the Matrix while killing them with missiles, completely blocking your heals with little effort and counterplay (i.e. Rotating around the Zarya bubble if she’s attempting to block your LOS with it)

3 Likes

I guess I should have stated something like effective DPS. You can use her alt as a quick burst too. She just kills fast without requiring much. Hog and Reaper need headshots and reloads to contend with her. That is all I mean. She is stacked. Personally, I do not have an issue with her myself. But I firmly believe a nerf to her would make goats unplayable. People do not realistically want that; however, they want 3-3 nerfed.

She’s also not picked for 4 DPS where Hammond is tank. Nor was she picked in double sniper.

I think D.Va is fine, she’s had a lot of nerfs since last season OWL. You can’t really use that data.

1 Like

Touche’

Know what else sucks?

Being soldier, using Visor only to have Dva slamming into you with her DM and throwing mini missiles at you.

You might wanna take a refresher on double sniper.

You’re confusing it with Season 10 Grav-Dragon, no relevant (OWL, Contenders, WC) pro games were played on that patch to my knowledge.

2 Likes