If Brigitte Can't Shield Bash Through Barrier

Please leave the video out of this…

Alright. There’s a reason why Doomfist is called Doomfist.

I agree Kryton, I just don’t understand why for these changes.

I am not a Brigitte fan either, but this is not the nerf she needs.

Lol, him being called Doomfist doesn’t mean anything either.

Seriously preach. Something doesn’t become a “bug” after 2 years of the devs making no mention to it being unintentional.

3 Likes

You honestly believe shield bash can match up the force of a rocket punch?

I never said that mate. I simply said that his name means nothing in correlation to his ability to punch through barriers.

The problem here is that the game is not consistent with itself. The heroes are balanced based on their own necessities, and it’s important to always keep in mind that the characters have a role that also boundaries what they can do.
I also critized Doomfist when it came out, but the truth is, Rocket Punch is his star ability, all his skill set goes around. He is a DPS, with a certain function and a certain role.
And Genji… Are you kidding me? Genji’s ability does not deal any kind of cc effect with the Swift Strike, and Brigitte can still go through shields, it’s just that it’s not going to be a Reinhardt breaker so freaking easily.

1 Like

Finally an actual solution to all of this problem!

Can this game stop being so inconsistent please with how mechanics work?
Is there a pvp game where this ever happens? I can’t think of one :frowning:

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the only hero who cannot damage themselves with their explosions is Junkrat. Everyone else with an explosion based weapon or ability can damage themselves, e.g. Pharah, Dva, Ashe, and Zarya.

I’m going to copy paste what I posted earlier to another response as to why. They are all movement abilities that damage an enemy in between the distance they travel. They are all movement abilities that damage, but yes Brigitte does CC too. Try not to fixate so much that Brigitte does CC with her shield bash when considering how it’s bizarre fairness on mechanics that she will get stopped by all barriers and not Genji and Doomfist with how they operate. It’s a bizarre exception to the rule that Barriers will only stop Brigitte.

Dva does not kill herself with ult either, but she used to when the game originally came out. Soldier also does reduced damage from helix rockets, not full damage.

Fun bonus fact that many don’t know still to this day, if Genji deflects something that would kill the user themselves (such as Pharah) and the Pharah is close to the deflecting Genji he also kills himself from area damage. Genji could kill himself from the other area damage attacks in this manner such as Symmetra RMB, Zarya RMB, etc.

Genji will not kill himself from a deflected Junkrat bomb or shift just as Junkrat wouldn’t. So in this case you can actually say Genji somehow gains Junkrats passive of not killing himself with Junkrats bombs even though it doesn’t make sense and technically Junkrat should simply not be damaged by his own bombs still but game mechanics, so yeah.

She does damage herself with her Micro missiles, though, which is why I still included her.

With Genji, when he deflects, the thing he projects are programmed to become “his”, which is why he has the same interactions with those things he deflects as those that would shoot them. Junkrat isn’t coded to not damage himself, his bombs and mines are coded to not damage the Junkrat that used them, and when Genji deflects those, be is now the “Junkrat” in the coding of the bombs and mines.

Oh yes, stupid tanks how dare they do… their job.

It’s a reasonable argument when we are talking about DPS or supports, they aren’t supposed to be in Brig’s face.

Issue is, the only DPS with a shield is Symmetra, and the only support with a shield is Brigitte, so most of the cast is still affected. This nerf only really affects her interaction with tanks, which is not a bad thing.

1 Like

All melee abilities that require a shield and doesn’t leave the hero vulnerable should be stopped by other shields.

You complain about a tank from doing his job, I am voicing how Brigitte cannot do hers when all barriers will bar her from doing hers. Also… Zarya can shield you from a stun but Brigitte does not have a combo to breach a shield.

It’s a design choice devs made intially now they want to take it away it’s up on them I’m just primarily saying it’s absurd to bring in a new rule to a mechanic only for Brigitte. Especially if it will now allow all barrier tanks including Winston. Bring on the dive as people say.

I see what you did there.

Nope doom should not either.

Ok lets delete doom then cause his stats are leagues better in all ranks.

Brigs not even slightly op get gud.

So is brig.

Brigitte has a shield, so she is not easily punished by ranged attacks.

1 Like

I don’t understand why blizzard is just nerfing brig to the point of irrelivancy? What’s next, they make her knockback not knockback? Make it so she doesn’t heal herself? Make it so her heal’s cooldown is increased by 2 minutes? Brig is powerful, but I feel like it’s because she does too much damage, more so than her shield stun. During her ult she’s borderline unkillable, if they start with anything, nerf her movespeed during it, then maybe nerf her shield amount for HER and not the overall ult. I wouldn’t mind if they toned her damage down just a bit, but buffed her healing output, to make up for it (so she heals the same amount) so she can’t just immediately delete a 150 hp hero with her combo, but still capable of having good sustain healing.

I don’t agree with this change. Especially because now we’re gonna see twice as many bastions destroying people’s barriers twice as much, what other way are you going to shut down a barrier in front of a bastion? Not saying it’s the only way, I don’t agree with this.

-I think we should fix actual underlying issues, like immortal doomfists when he’s paired with ana+zarya.
-The fact that Hanzo can solo pretty much any hero in the game, and immediatley drop tanks
-The fact that Torbs powerup and right click feels like it does more than 600 damage in 2 seconds.
-Why can mei stall the point while invulnerable, and why we can’t shatter her iceblock like her ice wall.
-Why does mei’s ult instantly freeze instead of just slowing slowly, ramping up and then freezing.

I don’t think nerfing brig to the sense of oblivion is good, because then dive will be unstoppable, and her healing output will be borderline non existant vs other healers. There might actually be a world where ZEN lives better than she does, and does more healing than her. I’m not saying brig should be OP, I do think she’s a bit much, but i think Doomfist, Hanzo and Widow in the right hands are significantly more dangerous than a brig.

In fact, I’d argue that Brig being played so much is BECAUSE of doomfist, and because of GOATS and not because of her in general.

1 Like

Uhm thats how I see a lot of people handeling her. Wait till turn and head shot her with widow. Its not like her shield is as wide as reins. Also its 400. Two hits from widow and a bit of team fire shield down. The shield is only blocking 1/4 of her head shotable area. If i could tell you how many times I have handled her on sniper 76…