If Blizzard never reverts

Maybe

Just maybe

They don’t make decisions based upon a loud minority and do what they think is best for the hero and don’t have any arbitrary rules about balancing

3 Likes

Well right now they aren’t even listening to themselves on this
They have said that Mercy i supposed to be known for “her high healing” and her insane mobility

Welll to make room for E rez, an ability that spits in the ace of the second half, to make room for that in her power budget they have now had to nerf the first half

So even by their own design philosiphy they failed

8 Likes

Mercy is known for her sustained healing, not high healing. She’s always has the lowest potential healing output of the three main healers. The difference is that Mercy never needs to stop healing.

Before this nerf, Mercy’s average healing output far outstripped both Ana and
Moira, by an amount much larger than the 17% nerf she got.

4 Likes
  1. If you can pump out healing over the course of a match it’s irrelevant if it’s not fast enoughto keep up a fight bad Luci’s can outheal Mercy because they don’t swap off and they heal all the tickle damage but is it really worth that gold medal compared to clutch healing on someone an inch from death?
  2. If that WERE the case then blizzard F’d up their too as according ot the nmber’s we’ve got right now MOira is outhealing Merc per match too.
4 Likes

While I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment that Blizzard messed up badly with Mercy’s rework and subsequent chain of nerfs, I want nothing to do with a Resurrect that is restricted to Mercy’s ultimate unless Resurrect is itself Mercy’s ultimate again.

Why overcomplicate things? Put Valkyrie on E where it belongs.

6 Likes
  1. Mercy dosen’t need mobility on her E, her D list status from 1.0 was from her lack of mid fight powe, had nothing to do with her survival
  2. The Dev’s have never gone on record saying they were against Valkyrie being known for rez.

that is the quote from her January nerfs that removed all bonus to rez from Valkyrie. as you can clearly see there is no comment about how it’s “supposed to be” it’s just a bunch of jargon about how people were getting around the nerf’s and keeping her OP. So unless you have a position where they said they don’t want Valk to be known for rez to counter the dev comments from the nerfs themselves.

1 Like

It was both her mid-fight utility and her survival. Mercy was an incredibly easy target for Tracer and Genji before she got her GA hop from the rework. If she could consistently survive to be the last one alive and therefore get maximum value from Resurrect as an ultimate, she wouldn’t have been so weak in high ranked games. Her major problem before her rework was her inability to stay alive, and the devs clearly recognized that. They buffed her self-healing first, and then eventually added invulnerability to Resurrect because it was so hard to use without dying.

I wasn’t referencing a dev comment, I was saying that Valk should be on E because it doesn’t feel like an ultimate. It has the power level of an ordinary ability, and the only reason it even comes close to deserving an ultimate slot instead is because it lasts so ridiculously long.

You do realise that mass rez was considered awful even whe it could be pulled off. There’s a reason you never see more then 1 or 2 rezes at mx in any of the contender’ games where Mercy was used for pocketing. Utilizing rez to it’s fullest meant rezzing an entire team and leaving them still for 2.7 seconds. The higher you go the better teams get at utilizing that timeframe to set up ults or even if none are available getting the first shot and securing at least 2 kills before the rez’d team can fight back
combine that with the fact Her healing was outdone by Ana in the enviroment of higher play and Damage boost didn’t really have it’s that discord didn’t until Hanzo became meta. You suddenly see why that was the case.
Mercy’s survival was never a problem after the 1 second regen was added and it’s only gotten better. She does not need damn mobility for an E so either keep it the ult and buff it to be more ult like or burn it in the same pit that Scatter was burned in

Unfortunately you or I don’t know if it’s a ‘loud minority’, as you put it, or not. That’s a subjective opinion unless you have proof (except pick rate or who comes to the forum, as both sources of data aren’t conclusive).

I played Mercy in Masters (among other heroes) before the Valkyrie rework, which is the SR requirement for entering the Contenders league, as I recall. While most resurrections were 1-2 people in high tier play, the reason for that wasn’t because all 5 man Resurrections were bad. It was difficult to judge exactly when a 5-man was actually a good idea, but sometimes it was even in high rank play and making that judgement call correctly is one of several ways that I climbed the ladder.

Rather, the reason for the more common 1-2 person resurrections was that it was better to keep the team’s momentum going and immediately start charging Resurrect again than it was to wait for the team to group up again, thanks to the objective mechanics and time bank system. While 1-2 person resurrections were less impactful in the moment, they ensured constant use of Mercy’s ultimate resource and a higher total number of Resurrections throughout a match.

2.25 seconds, I believe, in the Resurrect ultimate’s final form.

That’s why high level Mercy players like myself would refuse even an easy 5-man Resurrect against an enemy with a full 6 players still alive, unless we knew that our team had an ultimate charge advantage or the clock was ticking into Overtime. Though there were many exceptions, the general rule was: if Resurrecting would give your team a man (or ult power) advantage in the current fight, it was a good idea, otherwise save it for a better opportunity.

Not after the 60 hp/sec buff, it wasn’t. That was the entire point of changing her healing value back then, so that she could compete with Ana’s extremely high output. Ana was not taken for her ability to out-heal Mercy in high level play. Ana was taken for her ability to provide sleep dart and bio-nade alongside a mostly adequate substitute for Mercy’s more reliable healing. For that reason, back then I would play Ana on attack to break enemy lines with anti-heal and Mercy on defense where keeping the team out of the spawn room was much more important.

That sentence is grammatically incorrect, but I think you are saying “Damage boost didn’t really have anything that Discord didn’t until Hanzo became meta.” If my assumption about your meaning there is correct, then you are incorrect. Damage boost allowed teams to increase the potential of multi-target splash damage and indirect fire heroes like Junkrat and Pharah, increase the damage of snipers who were shooting targets outside of Zenyatta’s Discord range, or allow Genji to score multi-kills with animation cancels inside of Zenyatta’s transcendence during Dragonblade. There are many more uses for Mercy’s blue beam where it is preferable to Zen’s discord, but I’m not going to waste time making an exhaustive list here. While in general Zenyatta’s orb of discord is indeed more powerful than Mercy’s damage boost, there have always been certain things that Mercy’s damage boost did better.

It was. She was better off after that, but her survivability was still a problem, which is why Invulnerability was added to Resurrect at a later date.

That’s true, Valkyrie does increase Mercy’s own personal survivability by allowing her to fly the ____ away. Constant regen helps, but not as much as the added range and flight. Unfortunately, a slight and easily counterable survivability buff makes for a pretty poor ultimate.

GA hop was also introduced with the Valkyrie rework, which has actually done the most for Mercy’s survivability of any change since the 1 second regen buff.

Actually, a bit of personal mobility that isn’t dependent on Mercy’s teammates would be a huge deal for her, especially during all those times in quick play where I’ve been calling for a teammate on high ground to enter my line of sight while they tunnel vision and completely ignore me.

I’d much rather burn Valkyrie in the same pit that Resurrect was burned in. You know… the time where Resurrect became Mercy’s E. That said, I’m totally open to the ideas of other abilities on E. The only thing I’m really set on is that Resurrect should be Mercy’s ultimate.

3 Likes

Her healing nerf was to help out the other supports.

You are not wrong; however, I would argue it would have been better to just help out the other supports than nerfing Mercy.

1 Like

Well big reworks were made to address problems when they were done. If there’s a problem with their rework, I’m sure they’d rather go forward with ways that deal with both rather than picking an old problem over another.

Also, why’d they revert her ult back to Valk which was scrapped in Alpha? :>

6 Likes

Agreed. Would’ve rather seen them help the other supports first before giving mercy that nerf.

2 Likes

Actually support were doing just fine, until Blizzard decided to nerf them xd

That is down right cat sh*t im sorry but it is .

1 Like

Omg I watch your videos please put me in one of your videos even if its like 10 seconds , you inspired me to create this account (read my name) . I LOVE YOU SO MUCHHHHHH , p.s. I didn’t know valk was already in alpha blizzard are lazy.

In the alpha Mercy had chain beams but couldnt fly with valk.

That wasn’t the most productive comment you could have made. Excuse me for having an opinion.

You can still disagree with my opinion and not be so crude about it.