If Blizz decided one existing character was trans

Well as a trans person myself my top picks are Moira , Lucio or maybe McCree

I think a new character would be better for everyone involved.

2 Likes

Ashe or Moira but I want Moira to be intersex so Ashe.

Ashe would make sense too considering she dresses pretty much goes more towards male gender in terms of looks (masculine mostly) and acts very masculine as well. She screams “Big D Energy” I find Ashe to be one of the most masculine in terms of “not over the top to be obvious” when it comes to heroes or “This came out of the blue there is now way this person is trans” kind of thing.

Zarya is too obvious and I would actually want her straight to break dumb stereotypes. Zarya being straight would be my tea FOREVER and of course, Russia and their anti LGBT stuff so…

Lucio imo, could pull it off as well for being trans.

1 Like

Genji, because:

1. He’s a popular character with established lore
  2. Genji has more hourglass shape than the actual women in overwatch, seriously
  3. Foreshadowing, his anniversary card of choice says this:
    “Androgynous by nature, these people are able to traverse the male/female boundaries with ease.”
    https://thecardsoflife.com/jack-of-clubs-person/
    Researching into the cards and how fitting they are for the character of choice lead me to believe the card picks for each char were not random.
    Then other smaller reasons.
1 Like

We’'ve already seen him (and several other heroes) as cisgender children in sprays.

5 Likes

Children can be trans

2 Likes

My sister saw Moira with little context and until I told her that Moira was a woman she thought Moira was a man

Symmetra and Gabriel I think are the two most likely

This reeks 76 hate.

Is it really still ambiguous to you?
…I know you quote someone mentioning Bastet earlier but did you read it?
It’s in there.

Im just scrolling and dont mean to single your posts out, but in context here that is exactly how foreshadowing works. sorry.

Canonically we know more about Genji’s junk than we do Zen, Overwatch lore really be that slow.

These are literally the media stereotypes.

3 Likes

This thread is going to be turned into another Bisexual Jack discussion, I can feel it

2 Likes

Well he’s not Bi so jot that down.

3 Likes

I think what they mean is, the picture looked really ambigious back then. Was it his son or daughter? Was it his girlfriend or boyfriend? A squad mate that died on him? It was just a photo that was kinda hard to read. Now that we have seen a higher quality version of it in Bastet and know who Vincent is, looking back at Reflections… Its still hard to say that’s exactly what was pictured in the comic. The picture is very ambiguous looking, and while we now know what it really looks like and the meaning behind it, the picture in Reflections still looks… Weird.

2 Likes

Personally, I think Junkrat is most likely. His voice cracks a lot, and he just makes the most sense to me.

they said, and i shall quote from them with bold,

so I can’t tell you more than that.

…It’s the same photo in bastet
how is it still hard to say?

1 Like

Its the same photo. But if you knew Jack was gay and had a boyfriend ~30 years ago and only saw the photo in Reflections, it would be hard to say what it is. The close up of the drawing in Bastet makes it clearer, but the original is ambigious if you’ve never seen the closeup.

to say it’s still ambiguous feels… wrong though.

as we have clarification in the lore.

Just because people don’t know about it/see it does not invalidate it as lore and foreshadowing.

1 Like

This could be an interesting decision story-wise. It would also add to the reasons the Shimada elders wanted him out of the picture for ‘disgracing the clan’. As an added bonus it would be another Overwatch poster boy to be LGBT (along with Soldier and Tracer).

1 Like

I dont think any of the CURRENT characters should be. Espically the ones you have said, just making one trans out of nowehere is silly

3 Likes

Uh… Let’s not make transphobia a prevalent point in a character’s backstory

4 Likes

I hate how it was done/handled, not that it was done. And that is my point, Trans characters would be that actually designing a character as trans and possibly casting a trans actor would be much more effective to helping trans representation than simply taking a established character and adding that they were trans after the fact. That extends to how I feel about all characteristics, be it sexuality, gender, or backstory.

What I mean is that it can still be seen as ambiguous without the story. Like, I’ve shown people the picture and no one was able to tell they were supposed to be a couple. Everyone said that they look like friends or comrades, that is what I mean. Like, with Emily and Lena there is no doubt they are in a relationship, they share a kiss and even without that it looks like they are close. With Jack and Vincent, it is just one pic of them barely hugging.

Notice I said “effective”, not “wasn’t”. Just because it is foreshadowing doesn’t make it good.

Yes, and your point is? Just because that is a thing across all of OW lore doesn’t mean it’s a reason.

If they are “the media stereotypes”, name me a popular fictional butch lesbian or feminine gay man. Real people on TV do not count, they are people who are being themselves. Again, I can only think of Iceman, but even then he’s not especially feminine. But this is largely besides the point.

Yeah, I harp on that a lot. However, it only barely relates, so no. But I maintain my position.