If Ana Fails...Again

Ana deserves a burst heal for herself at least. One that isn’t on a 10 second cooldown. (I think it might be even longer (I’m talking about Bio-Nade))

Honestly I’m just wondering if people are ignoring that the Mccree, Soldier and Bastion buffs are a direct nerf to Ana. It considerably reduces her safe range, and she’s by that extent way more exposed to damage. In the sniper meta, you could choose a sightline to see your allies without exposing yourself to the enemy dps’s.

Now you could have a good mccree instantly flicking to you from across the point and majorly hurting your health pool. You won’t die for sure, but you clearly will take more damage even from a distance. Ana’s strong point being long range heals, this advantage has been reduced by quite a lot with these new buffs along with the prevalence of Hanzo and Widow.

3 Likes

Oh sh*t! I totally didn’t think about that! Also Mei has no fall off damage so standing still is an easy 150 HP off your health from Mei if its a headshot.

Well time to add this to the list of indirect nerfs for Ana…

F*ck! Now it will be even harder to stay alive. Please Blizzard…

Her inability to heal through shields is pretty bad, I remember that once I was healing our rein then the enemy rein came up to me instead of attacking me he put up his shield and stopped me from healing our rein.

If you want my opinion, they should just give Ana the same passive as she has in Heroes of the Storm, a heal on the damage she inflicts. Not on healing allies, but on damaging enemies. That would force the Ana players to take decisions as to completely dedicate themselves to healing in a teamfight environnement or using enemy tanks as self heal ressources. Not asking for much, even 15hp a shot would be enough.

Ultimately, if they don’t want her to heal or damage through barriers, at least give her some more value when going for damage or kills. I don’t want to give Ana mobility, but I want to get some more value when playing as she was meant to be in the first place, a sniper/healer playstyle. Meaning you should get value by being on the offensive.

Also, I don’t know if this would be OP, but I’d like to see her primary fire be hitscan, every decent Ana player just quickscopes anyway.

3 Likes

It’s funny you say that because I said exactly the same thing in another post besides enemies but on allies because too many support already get heals from hurting enemies so I rather it be allies.

Also I don’t think it will be OP even if it was for allies because its not hard to distract an Ana or keep her from healing. Thing is you can’t change the primary fire because it makes scoping lose a lot of value completely.

I also agree that her not having mobility is fine but not having sustain has to go. It’s holding her back way too much.

1 Like

Could be on allies as well yeah, but then 15hps would be a tad too much I think. I would need to try that out to judge. But with that kind of change I assume she would work especially well with Offtanks.

Honestly at this point I would even take a slight nerf on the nade to trade for better sustain. Biotic grenade is pretty much the strongest normal ability there is in this game, not counting Mercy’s rez, so I wouldn’t really mind seeing it nerfed and getting some strength elsewhere.

I would like her to get the “Dose” passive from HotS which deals a small amount of extra damage over time with consecutive shots, they could tweak it to also give heals, and yes, one of her talents also allows her to regenerate a bit when healing a teammate.

I don’t see it being OP when Moira can just heal off an enemy from 21 meters away along with not reloading, having ability to heal herself, along with fade that can make people lose track of her.

Also when it comes Anti-Nade I don’t think it she get anymore nerfs because without that Ana is nothing. It’s her saving grace and if she has to get it nerf some more then you might as well play Moira because we don’t need anymore nerfs to a character that is constantly getting indirectly nerf and not having a single of her problems addressed.

1 Like

Her scoped shot has a stupid half second delay that makes support sniping a nightmare, either by trying to hit enemy Pharah, Mercy or a jumping teammate like Hanzo or Genji.

honestly even just a slightly faster travel time would be nice, isn’t sleep slower than her projectiles? cause it feels that way, i haven’t played her that much lately so i’m kinda out of it…
that and her hitboxes are all so small but ok, i guess, high skill and all that…

still, i doubt this buff will make her more viable, just as how i feel that mercy nerf will not make her less picked :confused: meh.

in all honesty, idk what could help ana but i wish she was viable again, her and zen are the most fun healers imo.

she is not back.
i have said this in tons of other forums posts as well but people just don’t realize that as long as mercy has res as an ability, she will always, ALWAYS be more stronger than ana in every single way, PERIOD.
unless they REALLY overnerf mercy’s res and guardian angel.
but of course, do you think they’d ever do that?
you and I both wish they could, but of course they won’t.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t get those people saying "ANA IS BACK!!!"They’re freaking delusional IMO XD

2 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right on that one. I dunno, as the devs said Ana has a really really strong kit. But her weaknesses are so large you can’t expect her to shine in quite a lot of situations. If you have one flanker and a Dive tanks, that’s it you’re dead. Sustain would be the answer, I don’t want her to be unkillable, but delaying the inevitable and providing her a way to not get her health pool chipped at constantly would be a start.

There are quite a few people defending her current state. This nerf is justifiable and probably the right step, and people are crying and complaining about it.

Big typo oopsies. Nerf keeps changing to nerd :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve started using her more, she’s not top tier but she definitively in the top 5 most fun heroes to play.

Unfortunately, Ana will always excel depending on the map… she tends to do much better on maps with long sight lines.

Could be on allies as well yeah, but then 15hps would be a tad too much I think.

I’m not so sure, it would have built-in counter-play in the enemy team being able to go Ana and shut down the enemy Ana’s self-heal. This is a really good idea.

I’m starting to think passive heal would be a little broken now.