If a cosmetic can no longer be obtained, it should not show up in your hero gallery

Don’t mind it being in the gallery but showing you’re missing it from the count on the gallery menu is meh.

6 Likes

There’s literally no reason to show unobtainable items in the hero gallery besides taking a jab at those who don’t have those items.

8 Likes

I just bought the widow noire skin. cannot wait to get home and use it

Dearie me…if this isn’t the highest form of hypersensitivity.

Does the world work this way? Do your eyes not see Guys/Girls you can never obtain? Do your eyes not see Lamborghini’s, Ferrari’s, or Aston Martin’s you will never obtain?

Simply, there are many things in the World that are flaunted your way that you will never ever have. The lesson? Get used to it. Materialistic things should not bother you so. You should fill your life with things that truly matter, and care not for the frivolous things you can’t have.

There are many skins I don’t have, but would like to have. Does it suck? Yes. Must it be removed from my sight because I cannot bear to see it and can’t live with the realization that I’ll never have it? Hell no…it’s a skin.

2 Likes

Sure, sure. Act all high and mighty for “getting used to it”.

This isn’t a matter of “getting used to it.” This is a matter of requesting from the devs that they instill a system they already have for OWL skins for other unobtainable cosmetics so that it’s not punishing for those who like to collect the cosmetics but missed out on previous limited time ones. It’s not an unfair request. It would not hurt anyone to put such a system into place. It would only benefit people. There’s absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to justifiably oppose it.

I myself have two limited time cosmetics(not counting Nano DVa which im not sure if will return in the future). Those being Widow’s Noire and Kerrigan skins. And im glad I was able to get them. But for those who could only buy the game later afterwards, it’s just unfair to advertise to them a luxury they can never receive. Unlike expensive cars, there is no working hard to eventually get one. It’s literally impossible to receive those cosmetics. It’s like advertising the Hourglass marshmallow for lucky charms when they no longer make the cereal with that marshmallow anymore.

8 Likes

They are adding item filter system the next patch. The system is already on the PTR.

Sorry, you’re right. You CAN still technically obtain that skin so long as you fork over a crap ton of cash online or have a friend somewhere who has a spare code. But there’s no actually getting it legitimately anymore. So to those who can’t afford or are same enough to know not to spend $50+ on a overwatch skin, the skin will forever be unobtainable for them. So it pretty much falls into the same category as the other unobtainable items.

Act all high and mighty? Please… I’m just stating absolutes. That’s a rather immature way to perceive my message.

The impossibility is the same, yes. There are vehicles that are available, that people can never own, only the very few. It would not matter how hard you worked. An Aston Martin Vanquish for example costs $300,000. “Hard work and you’ll get there!” is not a reality for the average person with other expenses.

The idea is that there are things that are constantly visible to us, that we can never have. We should not need a system to protect us from these illogical feelings of “remorse” because we cannot have everything we want. It’s our own responsibility to be able to handle it ourselves…with maturity.

Take your filter if you want it. I see it as pointless, and changes nothing. If you want the items you’re missing to “not exist” to make you feel better, so be it. Ignorance is bliss, especially these days.

I have the Widow Noire and Kerrigan as well. I can honestly say that the whining and sorrow that people express for either skin is energy wasted. Perhaps their parents never told them “no”, or engendered them with the common law that “we can’t always get what we want”.

Anyway, better things to do.

So basically you’re saying to “learn to deal with it.”

But why should anyone have to? It’s nothing to learn from. It’s not “character building” of any sort. It’s not beneficial at all for anyone. All it is is inconvenient. And is it not typically best to avoid inconveniences whenever possible?

All such a system would do would benefit those “collectors” who would love the opportunity for a “full” hero gallery without having unobtainable cosmetics holding them back. It would not hinder anyone else. So there’s no reason NOT to instill such a system regarding the unobtainable cosmetics.

Well, there is a reason.

The reason is to make you not do the “mistake” of not getting limited-time items when you can, be it by watching OW-related streams or buying them directly (alongside other limited-time goodies for other games aswell). In short, money.

No. They are skins, they should show up in the skins tab

its there to taunt you, so you buy next one, it’s simple sales tactic

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from 1.28 Known Issues List:

This was mentioned by Blizzard as being a known bug, will be fixed later

2 Likes

so in a couple of years it will be fixed. good to know

1 Like

Good to know it’ll be fixed. Unfortunately, it’s Blizzard, so “later” could be years from now.

1 Like

If I see something in a match I might want to check what it was, possibly for reference art or just to know that I wasn’t delusional. It’s a part of the game and it should show up when I look for it. Getting rid of that because someone got butthurt over 98/99 is stupid.

Or better yet, don’t have cosmetics that you can never again get.

It’s yet another anti-consumer practice Blizzard revels in.

Any skin needs to have a way to acquire it, at least annually. BlizzCon skins can remain as they are, but attending also gets you one random Blizzcon skin from the past as well.

Noire and Kerrigan should be Anniversary skins.

Pink Mercy shouldn’t have been a timed event, keep it open or release it as part of a Valentines annual event.

Valentines would have amazing possibilities and is a relatively global holiday in some form or another. It’s astounding that it wasn’t turned into an event. They could merge it with Easter as well, with the event running between Valentines day and Easter. Bunny D.Va, Cupid Hanzo, Easter Zenyatta that throws eggs.

1 Like

lmk if you can redeem that bad boy, because I was told a little while back that you can’t anymore - though they could have been wrong lol

To further the conversation - it is nice to see that they’re aware of it being an issue when counting towards the total, though hiding them entirely from the person’s gallery is a bad idea, as Dysvalence said, it would hinder cosplayers and artists drastically when looking for references!

redeemed and it worked fine

console - X1

I’m going against the grain but I love looking at skins despite not being able to obtain it. It’s a gallery so it’s supposed to showcase Blizzard’s works of art and I still like checking them out to admire them.