If 1-3-2 happens, you can say bye to a support player

I’m sorry but time and time again its been proven to myself that Tanks are going to protect me but DPS usually wont (sometimes because they dont want to, and sometimes because they just can’t (due to the kit))

I’m not going to play a game where we’re locked into just one tank, and when I’m dying because no one comes to try and help me, I’m not going to stay

There are plenty of supports and tanks in league, paladins, and many other games

4 Likes

in a 3 2 1 the tank players are going to tbe the ones to get focused down not the healers

1 Like

And the second that they die (because 2 healers is not enough to heal through 3 dps) then who’s going to protect me? We don’t have an off tank anymore and god knows that Brig is not going to be able to fend off 3 dps

5 Likes

Having just one tank was the norm for a real long time though ~ how long have you been playing OW? Because I’ve been playing for three years and I remember the days when you would jump for joy at getting a Rein on your team. Double tanks was like Christmas Morning, didn’t happen every day.

5 Likes

One tank isn’t bad on its own, the issue is not being able to SWITCH to 2 tanks,

I love 1-4-1 but if it doesnt work then I want another tank

laughs in LFG

Nah not really. Out of all 3 roles, support is the least affected by this. Cause their job doesn’t really change.

Tanks on the other hand, would be completely reworked.

Dont be naive

Try doing your job as healer vs 3 flankers whilst having zero peel.

Sounds awful in comparison to 222 :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

And DPS’s jobs do change?

its a huge change for supports, now they only have one tank to heal, and they ALSO have to heal though 3 dps

Well, they won’t have the comfort of an Off-Tank peeling for them EVER again.

That’s kind of a big deal if you ask me.

4 Likes

Why would three dps and a tank be harder to heal that 2 dps 2 tanks?
Its normally tanks that take the most damage, and so in all likelihood the amount of healing done won’t change.

Well as my gran would say:

"You can’t, always get, whatcha waaaant,

But if you try sometimes, you just might fiiiind,

You get what you nee-e-eed!"

Then dont let the tanks die. go play HOTS the system will work out fine for u

Either would work - the tank cant provide enough protection to the healers from flankers / 1 shots, or the healers cant protect the tank VS tank busters.

I did do that. It was called THE MAJORITY OF GAMES BEFORE ROLE LOCK IN COMP. And I lived. 1-3-2 games weren’t the worst thing ever. But the complete RNG of the games was awful. If we had guaranteed 1-3-2 for both teams, it’s not much different than 2-2-2 for a Support.

Besides people are forgetting that off-tanks would likely be moved to the DPS slot. They wouldn’t be gone from the game. The power shift would just be different between them and the new main tanks.

Then everyone should support their tank and help him not die. There are just too many selfish players. No system is going to work. I just want comp classic and let me dive in with any hero and try my hardest. Leave all the role queue BS behind with people threatening to leave the game and/or sabotage matches. Just a horrible mindset. People should just bare with whatever is given, try their hardest, and hope for better changes tomorrow.

One more DPS is doing damage to the tank and no off tank to protect you ro the main tank

Currently off tanks protect both you and the main tank, and you’d have only 2 dps’s worth of damage coming through

The majority of Overwatch players pre-role lock experienced this. It didn’t end the world. Supports worked fine in 1-3-2, mostly cause most people are way better at DPS than they are at off-tank. It was tanks that got clobbered by it, cause they had to solo tank.

With more dps heroes, teams are likely to spread out more, making some supports either too inefficient or dps players getting angry at the supports for “not healing”.

Supports become primary targets to make sure key dps or the tanks can be taken down.

This is what happened years ago. There were threads about the “I need healing” spam. Supports saw lots of spawn room time.

On really bad teams, people would peel off around the map leaving the support to push the payload in payload maps, again making them an easy target.

Sometimes everyone else would get eliminated and the support was left alone until the end because of how spread out around the map people were. And the toxic crap you would get for that…I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

2 Likes

I just came back from a break, what’s happening?

And it really sucked. It was never a fun thing. The most fun games in the past were always ones with 2 tanks. Playing solo tank is a nightmare. I’ve done it plenty and do not want to do it again.

1 Like