(Idea) Mercy beam to a Zarya beam

After reading all the changes our supports are getting, i think a big majority of players agree that Mercy needs to be balanced. But again She is nerfed in a wrong way. They wanted to nerf her healing cuz its too good in good players’ hands, and her consistency makes her unbeatable, specially with her strong rezzes and valk allowing to engage. She has the best mobility in the game but i think the best changement they could do that will balance that consistency problem is to change her beam to a “zarya” one so she has to aim it if she wanna heal or boost a teammate while flying. This would allow other healers to compete with her for a spot in the meta and It would also increase the amount of skills needed (people keep whining about the fact she is too easy) and imo balance everything. They should in return keep the heals at 60/s or even slightly increase it.
That nerf was the wrong one. Cuz it wont fix any of her problems making her such a must pick. She
will still remain the best healer overall.
I hope devs will read this and try it out.

(Written by a 4.1k mercy main)

4 Likes

I agree that the nerf isn’t what she needed but I do think it was a somewhat step in the right direction. We’ve been in what people call a “healer” meta with triple support being a viable strategy and Mercy was also being run in heavy tank line ups, something that Ana and Moira should be filling but can’t because their healing doesn’t compare to Mercy’s so it makes sense to lower her heal into output without destroying her. However I don’t think they should make her healing into a Zarya-like beam. It fine for her to be easy, just not broken.

1 Like

I have fears this would make her too inconsistent. In my opinion healing your teammates should always be relatively easy (even Ana has extremely generous hitboxes when shooting her teammates).

1 Like

She always was consistent, even when she was considered a bad healer. That’s unlikely to be the issue.

Also if you’ll require Zarya-like aim a beam of 120HPS would net that 60HPS at 50% accuracy.

Looking at Symmetra, we should by now know what happens when a former lock-on is reworked into a manual beam. Despite 100% increase in max DPS at stages 1 and 2 her primary is worse than before.

Doing this to Mercy while keeping the beam at 60HPS will make Zen’s harmony orb a better source of healing.

8 Likes

I think we should wait and see. I personally can’t wait till i am able to play something else without getting flamed.

1 Like

Im not good with numbers but my idea about increasing her heals/s remains to compensate. Or even add a bigger “hitbox”

2 Likes

Mercy is a playball of blizzard and haters since she is launched. When does this stop ?
Gm flex

1 Like

Interesting idea, give it a try …

Are you willling to give Mercy AOE healing then like Moira’s if not then please abandon this idea

Did i talk about aoe heal beam? No i wrote about zarya beam that only goes to one target, same for the new symmetra one

THen your idea is garbage pleas go shoot it like Mr. Wonderful would a bad business idea.

1 Like

So, make Mercy’s healing be like Moira’s?
That’s one of the worst ideas I ever read about Mercy, and you still had the audacity to say “She is nerfed in a wrong way”.
Thank god the devs don’t listen to the forums.

2 Likes

U cant even compare moira’s way of healing with that idea lol xD moira can aoe heal with her main ability and cant spam it, mercy would just have a single target beam that u would have to aim with but that can still heal/boost unlimited with a slightly higher healing output per sec than she normaly does to compensate. Are u scared not to be able to play her this way cuz she will be more difficult? XD

Hell no, thank God I don’t have to play Mercy at all.

First they came for the Sym mains …

3 Likes

Can we not turn every beam into a Zarya beam ._.

3 Likes

Then you’re one of the only ppl i see here who would be against making mercy more difficult. Im a 4.1k mercy main, i love the hero but its true that she is too strong compared to others. Having to aim slightly more would balance it better. Too many ppl complained about her giving so much advantage to her team while being too easy… I dont rly agree on her being that easy up there even tho i alrdy had mastered her, but i would rly be interested to have to aim my beam like zarya does while flying.

Mercy healing isn’t too good in good players hands.

It’s too consistent (and high) no matter the tier of player. That is part of the issue being fixed here.

Which is why her healing was buffed and stayed htat way for half a year even when she was borderline troll pick above Plat (the place where Ana could be played at all who at the time was her only competition for main healer)

absolutely not. Adding aim to a hero will not get rid of her issues, just make more players mad.