Idea for Widow/Hanzo nerf

Because Widow’s scoped rifle and Hanzo’s bow are awkward at close ranges, they cannot concentrate enough to land precise shots in close quarters. For this reason, neither of them can get headshots unless their projectiles have traveled at least 5m.

This does not affect Widow’s SMG.

2 Likes

That’s reverse falloff baby. Hanzo needs it.

Yeah, a form of it. But it makes more sense than reverse fallout.

Bullets just simply don’t work that way, but you know what does?

Arrows.

1 Like

This idea isn’t that far off.

Would make bodyshot spam a lot less profitable for Hanzo.

But it still rewards headshots.

✅ Hanzo - Don't nerf StormArrow headshots

1 Like

Great idea, then the counter to Hanzo can literally be setting up around a corner that has a max sightline of 15m. This way your team mates can walk upto him before he can fire 2 shots and then be immune to him.

You deserve a golden globe. Remember to thank your agent etc.

Nah. The counter would be Winston, DVa, Wrecking Ball and the flankers, as it was intended, you know.

1 Like

The counter would be pressing a button, which is totally reasonable.

You know those heroes can already counter him, right? Maybe you need to get better, maybe you should play one of those tanks for 80%+ of your play time for a couple months and see how you do. Like the rest of us who play our ‘OP’ but also below average winrate heroes.

1 Like

5 meters is a LOT less than you think, friend.

Oh, and did you forget that Hanzo can leap over 5 meters?

He would literally be able to jump to a safe range to deal full damage nearly at all times.

You can also run back up to him, and he can’t jump continuously.

Also it would improve shield dancing against him.

1 Like

Yes, if he misses his shots. Which sounds balanced to me.

I like this idea, and also wish to provide my own idea like I always do in threads like this one:

Widowmaker and Hanzo’s total life should be reduced to 150: 100 HP, and 50 regen shields.

As tempting as it is the goal isn’t to make them totally unplayable.

What’s he gonna do, jump out of LoS of everyone cause someone approached him?

So all I do is sit at a corner and completely neutralize Hanzo… can’t damage me because of the angle/LoS and has to reveal himself to me if he hopes to do anything to my team.

Really good, well thought out idea. Got anymore?

You… do realize that Hanzo can kill from afar, right?

As in, you don’t have to be close to them.

You don’t have to rush into their face to secure kills.

As in, you can stand back and shoot from afar… they can’t hide in this magical corner you’ve thought up that happens to be a payload and also control point.

Like, i guess Hanzo’s are used to just holding down W and spamming storm arrows into whatever fills their screen…

You missed the part where I said your team would set up around a corner where the max sight line is about 15m… so you could W into his huge deadzone before he could fire off 2 shots.

Ah yes, the control point corner.

Also, his “No headshot zone” that was proposed in the OP, would be 5 meters after the arrow is shot.

Not somehow 15 meters.

And yes.

Getting close to a sniper is how you should counter the sniper.

Yes, I understood what he said. I’m saying that being able to set up at a location which gives him about 10m of space before his deadzone kicks in is a ridiculous notion.

Route 66 would be a great map for exploiting this.

The theme is “glass cannons with poke resistance.”

Kinda like Tracer!

I mean, if you literally cannot engage in long range combat, maybe don’t pick a sniper.

Also Hanzo does significant bodyshot damage.

1 Like