I'd like to see a hero whose backstory is based around human mutation and evolution

Before you say “Winston” or “Hammond”, they are genetically-enhanced animals, not mutated humans. Also, Junkrat and Roadhog don’t count either, as they’re just irradiated, not mutated (though it isn’t entirely clear with Roadhog).

I’ve just finished a playthrough of Phoenix Point (waiting for Festering Skies DLC before my next run), and one of the major factions, the Disciples of Anu, is largely based around human evolution via mutation. Seriously, the story gives you a lot to think about in terms of morality and philosophy.

It’d be neat, IMO, if one of the future heroes is someone who was mutated by scientific experiments. While I have no idea what direction Blizzard might want to go with in terms of gameplay, the story that could come from this would be intriguing.

And before you say “Starcraft”, there’s nothing that says we can’t have mutation stuff in both games.

Reyes was mutated by a scientific experiment.

4 Likes

Ehh, that’s not quite what I had in mind. You don’t see him with any extra limbs.

I mean, Overwatch is in the future, but not THAT far into the future.

I don’t think you’re going to see any natural mutation out there.

It’s going to be artificial manipulation if anything.

This song is about evolution. Listen to this instead. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its and idea, but its not something i really want to see that badly. and as someone has already pointed out, reaper is mutated.