I wonder what would happen if a new account leveled only on bots?

I’ve always had a curiosity.

Let’s say you do nothing but bot matches on easy for your first 25 levels, then do placements.

Would you be considered a god by the matchmaker? What if you played long enough first to get out of “new player jail” before doing your placements?

What kind of account would this rank into?

1 Like

I don’t know… That’s a good question, but I think if all you do is play low level AI matches, the game will still rank you incredibly low, as those would be “easy” matches.
It would have to factor in the level of your competition when assigning you an MMR.

that’s what you would think but the system bases everything on your stats. if you go 30/0 in every single game I wonder.

I don’t think I could take it, spawn camping bots for 25 levels seems like drudgery, I’ve always wondered what would happen if you got 25 levels on mystery heroes. Or any arcade game for that matter, or even custom games, getting 25 levels only on something like Ana paintball… what would the algorithms make of that.

i’m sure the first couple of matches would put you into placement games with other low level, or low ranked players. your rank depends on your stats played on the heroes you’ve played compared to others along the same mmr, so by the end of your placement matches it would probably put you somewhere near or below where you should be normally?

Idk, in QP on a smurf I was being placed with/against master players, and was winning so it kept me there but then placements put me up with silvers and golds. Honestly no idea how it works, but just lumping newer players together at that point doesn’t feel like the right choice, to me at least yet that seemed to be what my placements on that account did.

i don’t think the game calculates any mmr based off custom games. if someone did ana paintball only for 25 levels and then went into a game of qp/comp it would put them with other new players.

It doesn’t matter at all. I was playing diamonds-masters by lvl 20 on this account but my first placement was a 2500 avg game. I went 10-0 and placed master.
Pretty sure ALL fresh accounts start their placements at 2500.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how you level up. Competitive MMR/SR is completely separate from the other modes.

(35) Overwatch Forums
(38) Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted

1 Like