I wonder how many support mains will switch to DPS?

name me a “mandatory” dps in a meta

I don’t want dive to come back and be mandatory like it was for some before.

Preferably we’ll see it be viable alongside some classic hitscan or some other team comps.

1 Like

It’s not a fair comparison because there’s no point comparing mandatory to unviable.

An unviable support won’t do much compared to a mandatory DPS, or even an unviable DPS.

But when it’s mandatory DPS over a mandatory support - there is where poor supports are truly hecked.

Brig.

2 Likes

The only DPS that have been truly mandatory in any meta were Bastion in Season 4 and Hanzo in gravdragon.

Incidentally, those meta lasted for less than GOATs did (assuming this even kills it).

It sucks, but to be fair, basically all healers who aren’t Brig are still playable. I think most of them will migrate to playing Moira (similar DPS/healer playstyle) and some of them to Mercy. Only those who played her to be a 3rd DPS and get kills (which is totally valid) will go to DPS.

1 Like

Ez.

Triple tank - Pharah.
Dive - Tracer and Genji.
Sniper - Jetpack Cat… I mean, Hanzo and Widow.
And so on and so on.

Are you lying to someone on the internet?

Well that’s kind of why we don’t want any mandatory heroes. Currently there are some mandatory heroes and that’s an issue. We also have a ton of unviable dps heroes and that’s an issue too.

I wouldn’t say wreck, in tracers case, the AOE healing and armor is still going to effectively render her countered, just not outright murdering her. Shield bash combo will still force a recall, and tracers generally aren’t that great with that cooldown missing still yet.
In genjis case, he’s still gunna get eaten by brigs aoe healing armor and shield, and will still suffer from brigs stun especially during ult, and she still has the boop, and we all know one boop is enough to derail genjis dragonblade.

So them wrecking brig, a far cry from reality, but brig might just not be wrecking them anymore is a better way to put it. At least, not alone.

I… what? Did you even play this game in triple tank?
The only DPS worth picking was Soldier and he was often just shelved for Zarya because lmao 100% heal boost on nade.

4 Likes

And now we’ll have dive as the mandatory heroes all over again.

2 Likes

I will continue to main Moira and Lucio and hope that Ana gets changes that makes her less dominant (so I can play Moira without being yelled at).

Vs meta S76???

??? The character that’s always being changed to s76-Sombra-Pharah-Doomfist?

2 Likes

I’ve played support in your rank during dive meta (there was never any successful dives in that rank though as far as I saw). And it was far from hell, it was quite fun actually. So I don’t know what you’re talking about.

If that happens we need things changed. What’s your point?

Support mains being dramatic once again.

Brig will be fine, she hasn’t bee “gutted” by no means.

2 Likes

I did. And it was Pharah every game. If you tried to run Soldier, you either sacrificed a tank on your team and died to their broken Hog or uber-tanky D.Va, or couldn’t run your own Pharah and lagged behind in total damage. And even still if they ran a Pharmacy, your soldier would be super-dead.

This was before D.Va tweaks made her a viable Pharah counter. Nobody could touch her up there.

If you are in disbelief about the nerf from 50 to 5 damage on shield bash, that’s not a lie. The healing on the other hand of inspire, 1.0 second cooldown down from 1.5 to trigger it, duration increased to 6 seconds, and the total healing up from 80 to 100. Think that’s like 2 extra Hp/s in inspire.

The point is we won’t get things changed.

We had dive for 2 years. Nothing was changed. And now we’ll get another 2 years of nothing changed.