I will quit Comp if decay system stays

I will quit Competitive if decay system stays in game next season (at least with its current version) .
The decay system should only affect players that didn’t complete at least one set (of 7 or 20 losses) .
Everyone else should not be affected by it .

This season , to be able to climb up by 1 sub rank compared to last season, I had to play 88 matches (7 sets) with 39 losses and 49 wins .
And this is just for 1 Role , I still didn’t play the other 2 roles .

Next season , if my rank is gonna be automatically demoted by 5 sub ranks in all roles , I will quit Competitive.

This decay system is so bad .

5 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-developer-blog-matchmaker-and-competitive-deep-dive-part-1/766683 — make sure you “View full article”

I feel you. everyone is complaining. I had to play 180 games total in a single role to get my rank back to exactly where it was, and I had a NEGATIVE win/loss ratio (less than 50% win rate). I also lost/gained 800 SR total in the SR degrade thing

4 Likes

I already read the blog post the day they posted it .
I appreciate it .

180 games is alot just to go back to where u were , this system is so bad .
I don’t see myself investing time and effort with this anti consumer system next season.

1 Like

well, i already uninstalled the game in protest like a week or 2 ago but i ended up coming back a few days later. I realized while i don’t like the new OW i do still enjoy playing, albeit a lot less.

I have given up on the other 2 roles since there is no incentive anymore to playing them. matter of fact here isn’t an incentive to play my main role either so I just play a lot less. I figure if blizz wants to just assign you some weird vanity rank next season then so be it. I’ll be a bronze 5 performing at a near diamond level or what ever. I don’t care any more. I just play 1 or 2 games every day and forget about it. I think their reasoning is that making you ‘believe’ you’re ranking up/ improving every season you will play more… Well yeah losing 800 SR and pretending to give it back even though i’m on a negative streak over 180 games… just wow.

I’m almost talking myself into uninstalling again.

3 Likes

I stayed on the same sub rank for 2 consecutive sets .
1 , the feel of ranking up idea they implemented with this system is fake , and I hate it .
2 , it’s not even working sometimes.

I’m not willing to grind Comp like crazy to just reach the rank I already ended up with last season , and it’s going to be even harder to do in all 3 ranks every season .

Imagine u reach a new peak in the last day of a sesson , and after 1 single day u get demoted by 5 sub tiers just like that !

yeah I’ve always had an equal rank in tank, dps and support. I main support but dps was a close second, and tank i just did for priority passes.

once i did placements for dps and tank (even though i won all my placements and felt i did well in my matches) i was down like 1k SR just like support and was like yep, F this there is no way im gonna play 300+ games for my ranks back on those roles lol.

2 Likes

Have fun quiting them I guess

1 Like

2-3 wins steaks= rank up
1 lose streak= rank down

Sounds like someone is salty over having to git gud instead of buying boost from people.

sorry guess your leaving comp blizzard never undoes thing when they are wrong just trys to patch it into existence

yes completely balanced like all things should be

I already quit the second it happened. I dont appreciate a game wasting my time climbing back to the rank i already belong in.

This feature used to exist but less drastic and the fanbase hated it then.

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be immediately fired. Such a joke.

If they wanted a way to hemorage their competive player base. They did it.

1 Like