I went through all heroes about nerfs/buffs

Except Brigitte was designed to make Tracer’s life difficult. Tracer can already kill Brigitte without Brigitte ever landing a blow on her

2 Likes

Actually Ana doesn’t need any buffs in my honest opinion. She is just outclassed by Mercy.

I just don’t think she should be able to one-hit-combo a Tracer with ease. and yes, I do main Brigitte this season, I am top 22 with her rn.

No. D.va is an off-tank, and off-tanks are meant to do damage. I hate D.va with a passion but she is meant to do damage and absorb some damage.

Yes it’s pointless, more QoL than anything. I don’t think he needs buffs or nerfs.

Okay I can see that the cd on his storm bow was too much, given the others were nerfed. Then perhaps his leap cd is nerfed, it’s on 4 seconds and is very useful.

McCree is meant to be loud because of his flashbang, how dangerous it is close-quarters.

Correct. I have changed my mind on some of them.

The change in pellets allows him to be more effective against armor, to be more effective against tanks. & I can agree with Shadow Step, I’ve spoken to a top500 Reaper one-trick and he went on and on about Shadow Step, about how bad it was.

I just fundamentally disagree. I’ve got some replies if you’d like to read them, up above.

Since my mains are Hanzo, Pharah and Brigs I’ll give my feedback on these:

Brigitte
I agree with the first 2 but I disagree with the shield HP nerf. You are supposed to focus her a bit if you want to bring the shield down instead of flanking it (which is the reason it is so small) and it’s not even that hard if you have any shield buster.

Hanzo
Entirely agree, the proposed nerfs are balanced by the restored damage per arrow. I’ve always though that the issue with Storm Arrow is how much available it is to the point that I can use it on CD. Increasing it is the best course of action and having less arrows but make them count is also a good thing.

1 Like

IF restored 15-18% of damage, then movement speed during TaB should be reduced by a little and let the damage reduction during TaB be reduced.

Yes, any bug fixes are needed and are essentially buffs.

Storm arrows is overpowered if you make it 80. Headshots on amplified damage do 208 damage. One-shots tend to make things unfun, so unless you recommend zenyatta’s discord orb to be nerfed as well, the 70 damage stays unless you want to make the game unfun. You did nerf mercy’s amplified, but why not zenyatta?

Another issue is the ‘shield meta’. Soldier looks like he’s useless now because of the number of shields available + Brigitte boost pack. He’s in need for a balance change to make him more effective. The current Hanzo+Widowmaker this month has more pick rate than every hero on Defense and Offense combined.

Also this is a parallel thing, Hanzo has now a 4 seconds leap and ‘fan the arrows’ and climb walls. McCree has a 12 seconds flash bang and 8 seconds roll. Either nerf Hanzo and shields, or buff McCree to the point where he’s useful in long-range maps and destroy shields way easier than Hanzo. You can’t expect to give superior mobility and DPS to Hanzo. This is why you’re stuck with graviton/dragonstrikes every time instead of diversity heroes.

Lucio has become completely useless other than his speed boost to push the new triple tank triple support meta. It feels like a one-trick play.

Some are great some aren’t , I like the Mei and Hanzo one , but I don’t like you bring back the old hog and I don’t think the Sombra buff is enough to bring her to good spot

Please no. Some of the changes are not even close to being balanced and fun.

widow doesn’t need any changes, especially no mobility nerfs

I thought I could take you seriously until I saw you wanted to buff Mei. Seriously? Hell no.

Yeah, lets revert the old and terrible Roadhog, who did not enjoy getting 1shot no matter who or what you are? Good that you are not in the balance team most of the changes are bad.

Ana change is useless. Doesn’t address her issues or add to her strengths.

Bastion would be overpowered with those changes, try re-do them.

Brigitte isn’t OP and nerfing her like this would make her garbage and dive would come back for the rest of time. She’s meta changing, not game breaking. She’s easily countered and dealt with, you just have to press H in spawn.

Agree with D.Va, nothing necessary even though I still hate her.

Doomfist change seems a bit mediocre, don’t know why you’d want to do that. His PTR buffs seem like enough.

Agree with Genji.

Hanzo not really. Just the final one of the cooldown increase and that’s all is necessary.

Junkrat changes seem over the top for a hero that doesn’t need it. He’s fine as he is.

Agree with Lucio/McCree

Blizzard is one of the best defensive ultimates in the game, it can already deploy pretty quickly, doesn’t need to come out any faster. Blueprints for Ice Wall would add a lot of visual clutter for something you are just meant to do yourself, why does your team need to know where? Maybe a Symmetra Teleporter, but not Mei. Disagree with the icicle changes.

Sigh, the Mercy ones. She doesn’t need another rework, the basis for what is going to make her balanced is there. She just requires a few more smaller sized nerfs this time to make her balanced. Imo those are being immobile while resurrecting and being unable to Guardian Angel to corpses.

Moira doesn’t need this, the most balanced hero to come into the game thus-far doesn’t need anything. If it was life or death to change something, i’d increase the capacity of her biotic energy by like 11% so it rounds to 10 seconds instead of 9, but that’s it.

Why does Reaper need that? He’s relatively okay as of now, his Shadow Step could do with a buff but that’s about it.

Agree with Rein, but they said they were looking into it.

No, why revert Roadhog? He can still one shot people and if you’re failing to do that then honestly you’re a bad Roadhog, he’s good as he is.

Sombra changes are the wrong kind.

Agree with Widowmaker.

I’d nerf Zenyatta. Reduce the out of LoS timing for his Orb’s from 3 to 2. Maybe even 1.

The Ana, Brigitte, Doomfist, Hanzo, Mei, Reaper, Rein and Widow are perfect. I agree 100%.

The Bastion one scares me a little. The Mercy one seems really weird and I can’t imagine the implications, but it also seems more dynamic so I kinda like it.

The Roadhog one is just funny to read.

Great post OP. :+1:t2:

Bastion changes are perfect. His problem is that sentry spread is too wide to be effective at mid-long range, while not having the survivability to last in close range. He’s caught in limbo, hence why he needs a shield to babysit him. He needs either more stamina or damage to make him a non-troll pick.

Absolutely not never ask again

lmao these bastion changes will break him

Ana still needs something to mitigate the fact that she has too many hard counters and is easily shut down by D.VA, Winston, Genji, Tracer, Doomfist or Sombra — dive.

At the moment she’s forced to hug her Tanks and can’t really operate at range.

The DEVs already stated that they’re wont on giving her a wall climb or self heal. Her lack of mobility and weak self heal is supposed to be her weakness. Her only self defense is a dart that’s harder to land than her own regular shots and is easily broken by stray damage.

The only thing I can think of that won’t upset her current play style and limitations is to perhaps finally give her a passive that’ll let her operate at range; past the distances she’s likely to get a peel — a Ghillie Suit.

It gives Ana two different and mutually exclusive play styles — close in as it is now where she relies on the protection of her team to survive or further out where’s she must change locations regularly or risk being located and killed.

Given her limitations this might give her the survival edge she needs — even in games where her own crew won’t baby sit her.

Yeah, I know the Ana change is useless. I don’t think she needs much of a change.

As someone who mains Brig in 4.4k SR, I disagree. I don’t think she’s as OP as Mercy, but I also don’t believe she should be able to one-hit-combo a Tracer and shield bash Rein through his shield.

Yeah, there isn’t supposed to be a major buff for him. A tactic used for Doomfists ult is to get on certain parts of the roof so you can do a high-damage Seismic Slam. Getting to those certain parts of the roof might be a bit harder cause you move so fast during the ultimate, it’s just there to help him be more precise.

Even with that, I think he will still be able to perform consistent damage and will change his overall pickrate.

The change is supposed to be aimed towards making Junkrat less of a ‘SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM’ to just timing your spams, reloads, and landing direct hits.

Gotcha.

I mained Roadhog during all seasons, peaked 4364 SR with him, and after they changed his TaB, I always defended this new Roadhog. I always said “I don’t want to go back to old Roadhog.”, and I’m sure if I dig deep enough I can find posts of me saying that. However given the current state of the game, especially in GM level, playing Roadhog is asking to lose.
Oh you hooked someone? Stunned, Zarya bubbled the enemy, or knocked back.
Oh you’re low HP and healing? Stunned. Oh you’re ulting? Stunned.
The thing about Roadhog right now is that countering his hook is so easy, and just given how Roadhog is as a hero, he feeds ult. Allowing him to deal high damage when hook is on cooldown is something he can’t really do right now.
There are so many natural counters to Roadhog’s damage as is, especially for his hook too.

I don’t really think she could be buffed anywhere else. Overall she is pretty good, fixing her bugs would help her a lot.

There are many ways in which you can buff her without throwing her over the top. I think one of the best additions would be to add the sugar skull above hacked targets.
Something else you could do is make Translocator infinite, and have cancelling and teleportation work like a Biotic Orb.
You could have Hack and Stealth have a 30 damage threshold over their duration.

I agree with most of these but for lucio I think they should just revert the wall riding changes from his most recent balances and widow shouldn’t be changed at all but im terrable at this game so what do I know

I would nerf damage boost and discord orb to 20% and give Zen a RoF buff to make up for the damage loss.