I want to hear from the Mercy haters themselves

1. Resurrection was a mistake from the start.
  2. Mercy is a pure healer without any skillshot abilities. Her gun remains unused, period. Hence, Mercy mains are ill equipped to switch/flex. Hence, they are one trick ponies. Hence, they cause a lot of problems related to one tricking.
  3. Until recently every support players were pressured to pick Mercy since she was clearly the best choice. Problem is, she is boring to play imo.
  4. I play on PS4, any good Pharmercy will make your game a living hell.

I dont think its that simple, I dont hate the character I just hated mass rez skill for a number of reasons and one tricking in general because your character will be sub optimal at some point and you won’t be able to do anything else and that lazy dependance that can affect others is what triggers me; “but this is all I play” , look I know you like it but please make an effort to bring other things to the table, Ill make sure to return the courtesy, its the lack of trying and the heavy comfort zone usually displayed on some mercy prayers that gets me.

Ive played my fair shair of support and I can tell you this, its extremely important to master all 6 support characters in order to bring the most value as a support player, only doing one is not playing good overwatch in my opinion.

Not really, but I do think we deserve more time for analysis before careless buffs are implemented. They really, really can’t make Mercy overpowered ever again.

Oh yes. I’ve been playing the game for a year and a half and this is literally the first time I can play my favorite hero in competitive with a clean conscience. I try not to blame her playerbase, but I absolutely loathe Mercy as a concept and will never be able to enjoy playing her.

Not now. Before, yeah. It was too good and it’s especially galling when a really easy to play hero is too good. It’s not fair for harder to master heroes to ultimate do worse even if you get good.

She is probably slightly underpowered and will get some minor buffs.

Trying to keep things on track and reduce the back and forth.

Personally I only disagree with Mercy for as long as shes meta. Easy heros like her shouldn’t be strong enough to be a viable meta pick. Harder to master heros like Ana or even Moira should always dish out more healing than the easier heros. I really dislike the trend in Overwatch that easy heros can get the same or even more value than the hard ones. Why even invest the time into hard to play heros and git gut with them when you could just hold left click and achive the same out come?

i think this was needed not for ana’s sake but the games.
out healing a winston’s damage and other healers was too much and I dont want this game’s healing to get too much out of control same reason I think nanos health boost was unnecessary

As another Mercy Main, I agree.

I have thread from I think over a year ago saying the same thing that people are finally starting to wake up to.

As long as you have a hero tied up in one ability like Rez, you will never, EVER be able to balance her. Remove rez, you now have a world of open doors on what to do with her.

Get rid of rez and eat some crow, you’ll then have a balanced hero.

No. There is never any justification other than “we haven’t had the time to fix it yet” for any hero to be anything but balanced and fun.

Mercy was my main, and I feel she was ignored for the better part of a year. And by that I mean that Blizzard ruined her with the rework (she became an overpowered mess) and then made the laziest of changes just to reduce her power from there but with no consideration to enjoyment at all. I hold a grudge towards Blizzard because I no longer play Overwatch due to the hate I feel for Mercy in her current state.

Mercy’s skill-ceiling is much too low. I made a thread about it some time ago (expand the box to read the entire post as it is several paragraphs long):

No, she is not fine. I don’t really care if she’s slightly underpowered if only she was fun to play. I think Mercy desperately need to have some of her decisions and choices back. She need some of that target prioritization back. She’s too boring because her skill-ceiling is really, Really low these days.

I don’t hate her, but it’s boring to play her compared to the other supports.

This thread is more so for people who have a dislike of mercy and want to just vent. Not so much for the people who main her and want to complain about blizzard treating her badly because there are a million threads for that already. Respect your opinion though.

I have a genuine dislike for Mercy, so much so that I uninstalled the game in January and have not played since… A former Mercy main is not allowed to dislike Mercy?

Im trying to avoid topics of balance because there are easily dozens of threads for that already.

And I literally stated that I don’t care if she’s underpowered as long as she’s fun. My post was not about balance… it was about what I dislike about her and what I have against her kit.

The thing is, I’m trying to keep this a place for the opinions of the people who don’t play Mercy. (Past or present)
Other threads already existing share your opinion of wanting her to be fun and it’s probably better in one of those many threads. If you’re not a fan of that reason I can’t help you but that’s where this thread is trying to stay.
I’m not looking to respond any further since back and forth flood this thread so that’s it for that.

Nowhere in your opening post or title is it stated that this thread is only for people who do not and have not played Mercy. It simply specifies that you are looking to hear why people hate Mercy… I hate Mercy, and I gave you my reasons. Sorry for being a second-rate inferior person that does not live up to your standards…

I apologize for not adding it in the title post, I will correct it. I just don’t want to risk this thread becoming another buff/change Mercy thread because there are better threads for that. Second class citizen I don’t believe you are.
Edit: actually I already had something akin to that at the bottom of the post.

The players who play Mercy are ok. It’s just Mercy (the hero) herself that isn’t ok. It’s obvious that both people who main Mercy and hate her will still complain no matter how many nerfs, buffs or reworks she receives. Removing her is the best way to end her pain.

You mean whole argument “resurrect doesn’t belong in FPS game”, despite there being multiple games with one? Hatred for Mercy existed since release, but rework turned that spark into firestorm.

I hate current version of Mercy for lack of impact. There is little use at targeting Mercy now, since she poses no threat to your kills, while keeping her mobility. And Valkyrie…not a single teammate will feel it’s effect, it’s just “easy mode” button. When you see other team using their ults, you may as well walk back to spawn room: you can’t sustain your team against this or save them in other ways.

Used to be a Mercy main, now i hate to play her so that makes me a hater i guess? Anyway she is boring af to play. Surviving has become easier with the rework. (i know i know i am pretty much alone on this one, but heii it’s my opinion) Also her ult was replaced by a pretty boring and unspecatular one and her ability is boring as well (used to be at least spectacular as an ult)

While I am ok with her reworked guardian angle, that does add to her survivle i feel like combined with her ult it is too much. Mercy was the last character that needed to get this easy. Valk is the biggest reason for my hatred towards her (as a playable character, not lore wise), since it has to do with both of my problems with her.