I want ONE logical reason to justify the new map pool

Hollywood and Gibraltar are going out of rotation in place of Blizzard World and Rialto. Why? “New content”? Game code overloading? Cause OW1 had more maps in rotation and that game functioned just fine. Even more insulting that Havana and Numbani are still out of rotation. The official post didn’t give any reason as to why they did this. It just said “going out of rotation” and that’s it.
I want one believable reason for this and I doubt profit had anything to do with it.

13 Likes

I heard someone say that map pools help new players out because they have “less maps to memorise”

1 Like

But then, if you remove those maps for whole season, dont that make those people forget about them?

2 Likes

The maps aren’t that hard to memorize honestly

1 Like

The one logical reason is that, Blizzard is not interested in what their customers want.

6 Likes

Those vicious streets are filled with strays. You should have never gone to hollywood.

1 Like

They want each season to have its own identity apparently. tbh map pools could be a good idea if they cycled much more frequently it could give blizzard data to determine whether or not maps/modes need to be looked at to improve player experience.

Map pools is an awful idea. Like removing FOUR core maps out of rotation really improves the game… :-/ How about removing Push mode if any maps are to be removed? And put Assault back in the game. Yesterday in Arcade I had some really fun games on the Assault maps, and it’s a damn shame it can’t be part of the normal game. At least in QUICKPLAY.

4 Likes

those same new players that have every CoD map memorized? They are underestimating gamers, overwatch maps are very simple in comparison to almost every every other game.

When I say much more quickly I mean multiple times per day and only in comp.

I’d rather have all maps ‘just because’ but sandbox gaming trends are a bit rare now – most developers follow the theme park approach and would rather simplify things by funneling players through specific experiences.

Someone brought up an interesting point about how we are getting flatter maps that work best for Ramattra. I think it is clear that Ramattra suffers against High ground so maybe choices like this could be tied to things like hero pick rates and shaking up the meta :thinking:

Beyond that, on a more hopeful note, I am interested in seeing if the missing maps will have new features like the old Season 1 maps received ( new obstacles/etc). I’m not getting my hopes up but it would be cool if they regularly shift objects around on maps that are offline to keep them a bit fresh when they release again, even if it is just moving a bus or providing cover in a sniper’s lane

I’ll give you 0 reasons why Map Pools should exist but here is a reason they shouldn’t exist at all; they’re stupid.

Just give us all the maps all the time.

They want to force metas

I saw that too it’s a horrible excuse. There arent even nearly enough maps to worry about there being ‘too many to memorize’

The maps are still available in custom games.

No one really knows why Blizzard does these stupid things.

That’s a good theory, but I think it’s more trying to create another reason to play. Just like how rotating store items creates a fear of missing out, rotating maps creates a fear of not being able to 0lay tour favorite map.

It can also be to harmonize the game between quickplay and comp for newcomers. But it isn’t a good idea imo.

I mean, we could have a rotation where they take out one’s favorite maps and then the game will bore some players for the whole season :confused:

I hope its just to rework them or for the first seasons and that we’ll get rid of that map pool thing in current 2023.