I want my 50 sr back

keep playing,win streaks,lose streaks,repeat.

i know, frankly i thought it was a ridiculous statment but chose not to argue.

You don’t automatically lose SR if you leave. There is a window of time where if you reconnect back in you won’t lose anything. It’s around 30 seconds to 1min. If you reconnect within this time, you will receive no penalty. It’s happened to me a whole bunch of times,my connection will reset and I’ll have to reconnect. I’ve never lost SR if we ended up winning the match

If you do it WHILE an internet connection is up and is in the process of transferring data then YES it can. You can glitch it out and ruin the operating system just like you can with a computer when you dont shut it down properly.

Normal maintenance, which means closing all programs that connect to the internet, disabling the network connection and THEN shutting down the router is SAFE. Not abruptly turning off the router for the purpose of DCing from an internet game thats got yoiu hot and bothered.

Why do you think when there is a power outage and your computer randomly goes dark it warns you that it didnt shut down properly??? The same problems can happen to any computerized device when you abruptly yank cords and hit the power switch. Technology is not invulnerable.

Stop giving bad information to people you nimrod.

Yes but that doesn’t apply when its a full internet disconnect.

A simple DC where you get sent back to the games title screen or the game itself were to crash is not automatic SR loss.

And if you can’t reconnect in under 30 seconds? Then what? Why should I bother even trying if after that honestly tiny window I’m guaranteed to lose 50?

I’m glad you have a good enough computer/internet in order to reconnect so quickly every single time a hiccup happens. Not everyone does.

Resetting a router without a normal issue may decrease the output from said router. A workaround would be having an extender and dcing the connector while leaving the router alone

If you can’t reconnect within that time frame then yes unfortunately you lose the SR. I don’t think it should be that way if you reconnect and win, but it is what it is unfortunately.

All I was saying is that that window of reconnecting and not losing SR is there. Alot of people don’t realise it is.

It would be the same for any disconnect. If you can make it back into the match within the time frame, you won’t receive the penalty.

I want my 500 SR back

Due to that i already lost like 400-500 SR during the past 2 months xD Whatever, if you’re good enough you’ll get it back but its still hella annoying and the worst part about this is blizzard not able to give a statement about the server stability issue.

Surprisingly, i had 1 game last week where i got dc’d from the server and re joined within ~40 seconds. I still lost 50 SR. Seems completly random to me and i was wondering aswell but at this time im already used to it.

just keep playing, you are playing a game. Disconnections happen. Its only 50SR and I assume you are below plat from this thread, its performance based sr. GL