I use a controller on PC

UPDATE Hi anyone in the future reading this post possibly looking for dirt on me! Just want to say that I switched to keyboard and mouse. It took a while but its been about a year and now I’m totally used it, even remapped some controls. Also i’m much better and hope to continue improving! I was young and silly? :sweat_smile:

I use a controller on PC. I grew up playing shooters on console and got pretty good at a lot of games over the years. Overwatch is one my favorite games in a long time. It is honestly a blast to play. I’ve had a good gaming laptop the last few years, thus started playing many pc games with a controller. I figured what could be so bad about playing OW with a controller on PC? Gaming culture, that’s what.

I’ve been playing controller the whole time since getting OW back in last Fall, and I’ve had fun and done okay for myself. Got Gold competitive. Had some great FFAs and have led my teams to victory many times and none of them knew I was a controller. I have no aspirations to be a pro-competitive/League player nor do I have the time to do so (thus don’t have time to get good at KB+M). We play games to have fun right?

I have a blast playing the masterfully made and balanced OW. Isn’t that what matters? I’ll take my hateful comments below. Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

i got some fresh cookies here, you want one? they’re chocolate chip.

4 Likes

you use whatever you want to use and people say you have to use something different don’t listen. i use a controller but im on console.

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with using a controller on PC, the whole issue about that kinda stuff is when it comes to using mouse and keyboard on console.

Most computers or laptops are made to work with a controller (From my knowledge) and it doesn’t count as cheating.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve been reading about that. I’m just kind of ranting about getting shunned like using a controller is a cardinal sin. I’m good at controller and don’t plan to try and get a super high rank.

1 Like

Paragraphs are a writer’s best friend.

why is there not a /s here?

Using a controller isn’t bad in and of it’s self, it’s the ultra fast ultra precise aiming that you want be able to fully do that’s the disadvantage. At a low level that isn’t an issue.

Whatever works for you man, your rank will sort it all out in the end.

Hi again from a the future, okay maybe I was tiny bit naive. Balancing is HARD. But I still play this game today and adore it. It has problems, sure. But there are few games I’ve really enjoyed playing this much. :slight_smile:

too bad if you had a controller you could have made it more immersive https://www.twitch.tv/rudeism/clip/LovelyBrightFiddleheadsDerp?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Cool.

I love that you just necro’d your own thread my dude. Bold move.

Sidenote I use controller sometimes, too, because I have a lot of nerve issues in my hand due to my career and a mouse is stupid painful for me. I think it’s possible to play well with a controller, but I’ve never been one to worry about skill and performance. I play games for a fun time.

2 Likes

im good with mouse, suck with keyboard, so i use controller to move and mouse aim and shoot

This post is 1 year later.

Here, I got something to show you.