I thought Mei could counter Genji

The most used and most successful variant of dive during the first OWL season was Winston/D.Va/Widowmaker/Tracer/Zenyatta/Mercy, the variant which swapped Widowmaker for Genji actually had a negative winrate during the OWL.

1 Like

Mei would counter genji more if his double jump was affected by freeze slow but noooo thats not happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

I’d love to have cripple on spray

If he’s double jumping then he’s just asking to get drilled by icicles without even being frozen.

2 Likes

You must be like, the god of aiming vertically or something, because you talk about it like it’s the easiest thing in the world. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

When you’re sacrificing random ADing for predictable jumping of course it’s easy.

3 Likes

If you’re in a position where you’re in a line of sight like that, you’re already in a bad position and you’re just being bad. You’d rather be literally on top of your opponent.

It’s not possible for someone to be in your LOS but not for you to be in theirs. That’s how LOS works.

1 Like

That’s how flanking works though. :smirk:

Well all DPS are trash currently.

Zarya is the #1 DPS atm, and Rein is #2.

:joy:

1 Like

Genji isn’t a flanker.

Can we just ignore league and only pay attention to ladder? League has zero relevance for anyone on this forum.

okay I’m done with this bye

4 Likes

So if I see your foot coming from around a corner, you can somehow see me through the wall?

A flanker is someone who’s job is to flank (Sombra, Tracer). Genji isn’t supposed to be flanking.

That would be the ideal way of balancing Heroes so they are able to “out-skill” characters who are supposed to counter them. But only Genji has been that way and any Hero who has had the same type of MU-viability as him (Brigitte or Zarya for example) has been nerfed.

Given how many Heroes there are, it’d be very hard to balance them all to Genji’s level AND make the game still have a lowkey counter-based MU system. So I guess asking for them to rework Genji into a balanced character would be better for both parties.

Clearly you’re going to have to explain this more as Genji is regarded as a flanker by nearly everyone. I mean, he sneaks around behind and attacks the backline. That says flanker to me.

2 Likes

if you think brigitte was a well designed character, lol for you.
zarya is, but brig was a hold m1 to win abomination.
like sym 2.0, but actually broken

Genji is no more of a flanker than Winston or D.Va are.

He sets up to the side of the fight and disrupts the backline, usually with assistance of his team.

If you consider Winston a flanker, then by your definition Genji is too, but if not then he’s not a flanker.

Strategy…
“Genji is a versatile flanker with very high mobility…”

1 Like