I think we should give this 1-3-2 a shot

i just think we should try it before we scratch it off as a bad thing.

i for one will atleast try to make 1-3-2 composition matches happen to see if it’s a thing i like or not.

maybe i’ll even try to make a custom game mode for it, probably not ideal but it’s better than nothing.

5 Likes

Eh, they were humoring bringing it to live to test, even. I am sure we will get our chance to test it.

i think a little bit to show them that we care might be a good way to incentivize them to give it to us just incase.

1 Like

if people mention it enough maybe they will put it on ptr someday. doubt it tho since ptr is not used to experiment.

I would love 1-3-2, just like the old days when your comp would turn out like that. I always liked playing tank like that. The impact you have is huge. If you can manage just to create a little space for your dps, they would have so much chance to straight up kill the enemy.

I will have to admit, it would make the tank role more skill dependent. But thats what I love. And maybe with some tweaks they can make tanking more fun for everyone.

People are afraid of the mei, reaper, pharah when you are tank. But remember your team also has 3 dps to back you up. All about skill.

1 Like

It never hurts. Tank mains are out in full force making more noise than dps mains pre role lock which I did not believe was even possible. I always knew they were projecting their pettiness and selfishness, just never thought I would it proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Didn’t we had this before role queue?

Until the tank player got sick and tired of trying to block 3 dps, he went dps,too.

Then we had 0-4-2

Off support get sick and tired of bs team dps and took dps himself.

Then 0-5-1…

9 Likes

also you are a lone tank, there’s not much to be gained from having a tankbuster if there’s only one tank right? :slight_smile:

Make a custom game, pick any tank, get 3 people to play Mei, Reaper, Doom against you and come back.

4 Likes

I thought about it, and I don’t think 1-3-2 would actually help. It removes all off tank players as tanks and dumps them in DPS, which immediately makes the tank player pool even smaller and the DPS pool bigger.

2 Likes

Not true. This makes tankbuster even better, the team without tank will be pushed.

Staggering the tank makes so much more of a strat. Heck, the tankbuster can even spawn camp the tank.

no it was more like, more dps people happened to randomly get put into certain teams that had possibly 1-4-1 but they faced 2-2-2 which just beats it because the support had someone protecting them and the tanks had characters protecting them and giving them so much sustain.

but rarely was it ever an even 1-3-2 vs another 1-3-2.

1 Like

I get alot 1-3-2. Especially on pirateship maps.

no because the tank matters less if there’s only 1 tank because there’s no tank duo synergy to preserve and they can’t infinitly survive in a brawl either. this means that the enemy loses a dps for a tank mean while their tank is struggling harder because that team have 3 dps vs 2 dps and 1 tank.

the key part is the breaking point of having 3 dps. there’s no way 1 tank can hold 3 dps if your tank can’t even hold 1.

also worst case scenario your teammates die and now they are finally able to kill that pesky tankbuster for you so you can break out of spawn jail.

The tradeoff for tankbuster to kill that solo tank has way more value than 3 dps spamming at the shield though.

spamming what shield? 3 dps, 3 angles. there’s no shield war happening if there’s no shield on your team, gotta change tactics.

Or you can have one offtank taking the tank slot…

Why are we have the difference between shield tank and off tank while dps is dps and support is support with different kit options…

Renegade is a tank main.

They mentioned that in 1-3-2 the off tanks would get reworked into DPS.

And there is every bit as much distance between Mercy and Zenyatta as there is between Reinhardt and Roadhog.

1 Like

I’d be willing to give it a shot. But not with the current balance of overwatch.