I think they need to hurry and cancel Overwatch 2

They need to cancel OW2 entirely, and announce they will continue regularly updating OW1, making PvP free to play, and making campaign paid. They already have a lootbox system in place, and with campaign being paid, they will keep making their money. Maybe even more, since free PvP will draw people in any make them want to play PvE. Also revert 5v5. Did anybody even want that in the first place?

18 Likes

Lootboxes aren’t international friendly, they are 100% moving to a new microtransaction model.

Also, you are basically describing OW2 regardless. It’s just marketing.

I’m of the opinion that PvP should be polished and release first and then PvE later. I’m someone who plans on playing mostly PvE also.

It would be in my best interests to have PvE be released when it’s fully ready and has enough features to fully execute their vision. That might not be the case sadly as OW2 must come with both at the same time, and money needs to be made.

7 Likes

i mean if theyre keeping the campaign isn’t that just ow2… they should maybe think about a staggered release though, if they have the PVP changes done but are still working on pve for example just release pvp first

tho they already can roll out some features from OW2 like interface sound&graphics&netcode etc changes that not related to new content

Other way around. I believe I heard them say that they’d pretty much already finished the PVE, but they forgot to balance all the original characters for 5v5 PVP hahahaha.

1 Like

lol! well they could always release pve first I guess… i just want something soon :sleepy:

My pretty much only problem with OW2 is me having to buy and install a whole new game. Would rather just have the campaign be a DLC-type installation for OW1. And 5v5.

You would have to install whatever massive PvP update they had for OW1 anyways. You’d have to reinstall regardless for just PvP.

OW2 is not a whole new game, it’s a forced expansion that updates the base game for free.

8 Likes

It’s not an expansion. It’s an entirely new game that they’re going to release as a separate install and make us pay full price for. Also, Overwatch 2 sounds terrible. Would rather install an update than an entire game.

There was an article citing unnamed Blizzard sources in August last year that said the dev team was told to lock down features. That’s six months ago. Even counting delays and holidays, you’d have to think PvE is basically done or in final polish mode. 5v5 is the holdup now, which is exactly why they won’t be releasing anything for OW1.

1 Like

Why did they go for 5v5 in the first place? Such a dumb idea.

4 Likes

So cancel OW2 then make OW2 but rename it to “campaign” and charge for it? I’m so confused here.

As much as I enjoy PvE, such a small amount of people drawn in for PvP that want to do PvE wouldn’t make it worth it. Most people are either one or the other.

Why? Have you played it and think it’s bad? Just curious.

1 Like

to prevent broken tank and healer synergies ruining the game

The only difference between what you suggest and what they are doing is the label on the box. Might as well complain about what color the box is. Literally does not matter.

1 Like

No, it’s not.

Overwatch, won’t remain once OW2 releases. Why? Because Overwatch will be updated to OW2. The biggest thing your paying for, assuming they are keeping their word from 2019 is the PVE.

But as the PVE remains optional, the rest and or PVP content and all other upgrades remain free for all those who already own Overwatch.

It’s is NOT a seperate install, and a lot similar to an expansion like Kisseys said.

And they’ve already mentioned due to the substantial-ness of the upgrades done to the engine, and the game in general. It will be practically like installing a new game, but more so just replacing what’s currently their.

The marketing strat behind it, is really :poop: and It’s easy to get confused as the… 2 in the name is just to sell.

120% nearly guarenteed that Lootboxes won’t be sticking around. They’ve gotten a bad rep, and there are “better” ways to get their profits from micro-transactions.

Only reason they are doing 5v5 IMHO is because Blizzard has no idea what they’re doing with the Tank role. Thus they struggle to balance it, thus needing to cripple the role further by dropping it’s slots down to 1, killing Tank synergy all together.

Oh, so FUN! /s

~Sincerely a Former Tank player.

1 Like

No point to cancel it now. And no real reason either. All they need to do is release the PVP 2.0 changes now, and PvE hopefully later this year. No one said both had to release at the same time given the fact the PVP update is free. Just wait it out, it’s been 2 years already.

Cancelling a game that they have been working on for years is not a smart thing to do.

1 Like

if they do that there wont be a player base left by the time they drop the pve. what they have is an unbalancible nightmare in 5v5.

enjoy playing healers? guess who is going to be getting dps reworks when they finally admit there is no way for healers to operate meaningfully without the space and peel provided by a second tank.

enjoy tanking? your “brawlers” now. but what does that mean? it means your going to be bullet sponges with nerfed damage that might be able to threaten an are, but wont be able to do real damage, because if your a big killing machine, dps will be upset, somewhat justifiably. you get to do this solo, so if you hated solo tanking, sorry.

dps, you get to enjoy the best jenky halo/apex clone blizzs money can buy!

It will be a nightmare regardless if the game is 5v5 or 6v6. A game like this has no real way to be balanced, even less so when people defend things that obviously should not be in the game in the first place. The vast majority also doesn’t care as much as you or I if the game is “balanced” or even fun. They just want something new because it’s been 2-3 years and everyone is tired. I say release it all now or soon because it’s going to be a nightmare regardless.

Yeah the only real difference would be decoupling the release of OW2 PVP and PvE… Something I’m pretty sure Team 4 originally wanted to do anyway.

It’s amazing how many people still don’t know that the PVP part of OW2 is just a free update for OW1 - OW1 just goes away completely.

2 Likes