I think Reinhardt is fine, please change my mind

[Please be civil]

I’m just curious as to why so many people want Reinhardt buffs. I feel like Reinhardt is in a pretty good spot, but is very reliant on his teammates. I don’t think that a character needs buffs simply because of falling out of the meta.

Also, isn’t Reinhardts biggest counter CC & boops? If you remove all CC & boops from him, his biggest counter will go away, and he would become unstoppable.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am in support of bug fixes, but I don’t really consider those buffs rather than fixes!

https://gfycat.com/DarlingZealousHarpseal
Most of the time playing Rein looks more or less like this.
Add in all the bugs he has, like some of these in this video:

And you have a hero that’s in a need of help.

Also, a lot of changes that happened to the game work against him, as described in this thread:

Then you need to consider the fact that there are 3 main tanks, and only 2 are protective anchors, Rein and Orisa.
Playing Rein without Brig and Zarya helping you constantly is very difficult, and Orisa won’t work everywhere.
Dive (by that I mean Winston and D.Va here) is not that effective with all the counters that are getting added to the game, so you need to run him, despite him being in a bad spot, so his pickrates are naturally high.

1 Like

I have come up with a solution that could improve this current meta that is far more enriching, dynamic, and offers more counter play by raising the skill ceiling slightly on the heroes currently in this meta:

1 Like

(On the topic of the video) I think you died because of the place of the payload, you were stuck in between the high ground and the payload, making it easy for Brigitte to come to you because there was no DPS behind you because of the very small space you were in.

Also, forgive me for forgetting to talk about the bugs, because I agree they should be fixed (and they are fixing them right now)

(On the topic of the thread you linked)
I feel like Reinhardt just has to be more careful than the old days, where Reinhardt was a must pick. The things the OP listed were just nerfs to him because he was so powerful, making Reinhardt have to have a second tank, and know when to reposition and recharge his shield.

Reins biggest counter his High Burst DPS against his shields not CC and Boops.
His weakness is his lack of mobility and limited range and massive hitbox.
That is why Rein can easily be killed by so many Heroes.

CC and Boops is more of the death blow to him.
He can no longer function as a tank since his shield is now inconsistent and easily destroyed.

Brigette helps rein by giving him armor and healing him as she hits people with her M1. As well as stunning enemies that try to go through his shield.

rein with bridget=fine
rein w/o bridget=meh
rein w/o bridget against bridget=trash

bridget is carrying rein and zarya now. both heroes are bad compared to others.

Unstoppable? To anyone without a ranged weapon, sure…

Still better than orisa with the superior ulti.

His biggest counter is high ground, range weapon, and burst dmg to shield (think Junk or Bastion). Not CC.