I think people got upset about Soldier's announcement because it seems forced

I don’t agree. I named four male characters that I think people would have been more accepting as being gay.

If they were accepting, they’d accept anyone.

17 Likes

Well then that’s stupid they want different male heroes to be gay… All in all their homophobic and they are oblivious to the fact.

3 Likes

I always thought he was gay. The picture that was saw 2 years ago is part of the reason I thought so. I think its great that he is.

(Oh and jack and vincent remain my favourite spray)

4 Likes

The main issue is that … like many other threads pointed out, theres no “good way” to reveal a gay or LGBT character.

Some people are going to complain no matter what. It is what it is.

And no, stereotypes aren’t always true.

2 Likes

Honestly Soldier’s personality doesn’t really seem like he would have been in a relationship with anyone. He’s all about duty and doesn’t really seem like the kind of person with time for that, regardless of whether they’re male or female.

2 Likes

I think that’s an often overlooked part of the story. His relationship with Vincent didn’t work because he was so invested in his work, but that was kind of overshadowed by the announcement of his sexuality.

And yet many of the people who demand LGBT representation seem to flaunt it around as a personality trait.

4 Likes

the victory pose debate occured months before tracer was revealed as lesbian.

3 Likes

amount of time spent thinking about soldiers sexuality before the announcement:

amount of time spent thinking about soldiers sexuality since the announcement:

conclusion:

0 impact on game experience…

lets move on eh?

This is your perception of gay people. Nothing about it being soldier is inherently any different than Lucio other than your own bias

You should google the “no true Scotsman” fallacy.

This does not make any sense at all. Yes, I agree, some queer people really like to show it off, but that doesn’t make it a personality trait. If someone puts a lot of effort into making their hair fancy, and outlandish, would you complain that they’re flaunting their hair like a personality trait? No, because that’s ridiculous and totally baseless.

Yeah, I think that one sounded better in your head.

2 Likes

Or, in other words: It’s completely false.

6 Likes

Um??? Mccree is literally the poster boy for bisexual characters, sorry. He’s one of the least straight characters I have ever seen.

4 Likes

The people in this thread: “OMG get over it.”

Also the people in this thread: “I’m going to keep posting because I can’t get over it.”

Ok, I did, and I’m not sure I’m seeing the connection. Are you referring to the “no SJW” bit? Because while it does closely align with the set up of the “No true Scotsman” structure, it’s not the same thing. Because diminishing a sexuality to a personality trait is antinymous to Social Justice. In this instance, the two are mutually exclusive by how one group chooses to define itself. The Criteria for being Scotsman is being native to Scotland or of Scottish decent. That’s it.

There’s also the fact that I haven’t changed my claim to exclude counter examples.

The fallacy is that you think you can speak for all members of a group by labeling them as “true” members of a group.

In other words, someone can use that language and still be an SJW. You don’t get to gate-keep about what you’re allowed to say to be in a particular group.

Exactly, thank you.

Why are people STILL creating threads about this? It’s old af news. Those who are fine with it are fine with it, and those who struggled to accept it, ranted and raved for a few days until they realized there’s nothing they can do about it and moved on.

There’s no reason to keep rehashing this topic.

2 Likes

He was basically the father of Overwatch. He raised, trained, and protected the members and they became his family. In the Christmas comic its a time for him to think about family, and instead of looking at a picture of the family he just lost he is looking at a picture of someone he ended things with a long time ago.
If Vincent would have been a woman, Jack’s character still would have been ruined.

Whats next? Are they going say that Reinhardt sold the Crusader’s Armour schematics to the omnics so they could develop weapons to destroy the Crusaders?

1 Like