I think its time to start releasing 2 heroes at a time

Honestly, the Tank and Support sections are still lacking by a LOT.

I think the next hero release we should get 1 DPS and 1 Support.

Then we should get 1 Tank and 1 Support until each section has at least 10 choices to pick from before adding more DPS

13 Likes

Do you know how hard the gameplay style suffers from just releasing one new hero? let alone the meta?

also, do you know how much work requires one hero to make it nearly-flawless upon live-release?

2 Likes

Yes and Yes

Still needs to happen

1 Like

Do you know how a programmer/developer works?

Oh no the meta will change, whatecer will we do

3 Likes

I don’t see why two completely separate teams couldn’t turn out two completely separate heroes designed to be integrated into Overwatch independently of each other, now that the game engine and necessary tech is so well established to support new heroes.

Throwing more devs at a project is often the wrong way to get things to move faster, but in a case like this where the framework is already built and the work can be separated into distinct smaller projects, it seems like a perfectly viable solution.

2 Likes

They did this already, they put Sym 3.0 and Wrecking Ball on the same development cycle. It didn’t turn out good for Symmetra, as she was rushed out the gate so that they could finish WB.

So no, I’d rather them get it right the first time, than to release a trainwreck and have to fix it later.

1 Like

The only reason Sym turned out to be trash was because they didn’t know what they wanted to do with her and literally every day people harassed them asking for Sym to be released so… you can’t count that.

1 Like

Hero bloat is the absolute last thing this game needs.

I don’t understand this notion that more heroes = better game.

Rapid hero introduction will surely actually be the demise of the ip. There will be zero polish, next to zero balance passing.

The current rate is already almost too much.

Funny, I thought change was a GOOD thing. Why don’t you want the meta to continuously shift? Why play the same dang game over and over again?

Meta shifts are far more healthy for the game than a stagnant 6 lineup.

1 Like

2 at the same time? Yikes. No thank you.

1 Like

Wait, what?

The OW community as a whole has very little impact on what the developers do, aside from game breaking bug reports.

Our wanting something, and complaining about it, doesn’t do anything. Want proof? Look at your Mercy megathread. Look at the countless Symmetra and Sombra threads.

No, the developers do what they want, when they want, and the community pressure is non existent to them. It’s all about internal timelines.

1 Like

This is so true. I cannot stand when people blame everything that happens on the community, the streamers, or the pros. They literally do what they want. It’s their game.

1 Like

In that case the dps category shouldn’t get a hero for years to come.

I want 2 heroes at once but for the entirely different reason.
When it is just one, everyone insta locks the new hero. Then everyone focus on analyzing how OP/UP the hero is and how will change the meta.
Releasing 2 heroes at the same time will require learning both of them well enough first before analyzing how they fits in the meta.

1 Like

Maybe you would prefer 1 every month?

It takes a lot of effort to make new heroes,they just don’t have the money to get more workes and work on new heroes faster. its not worth it.

1. You dont seem to understand how long it takes for Blizzard to finish just one new hero.

2. The balance in this game already takes a beating every time one new hero makes it to the live servers. Now imagine 2 Brigittes at once.

I dont know… those $30 Lucio emotes and what not. Im sure they are not hurting for cash.

To be fair, the game hasn’t been balanced for a very long time. The more heroes you have in the game, the easier the game is to balance.

Overwatch is too fast paced and played on too small a space, to have room for introducing two heroes at a time, which is evident by how long it takes the community to get use to a new hero. I mean, Brigitte is only now beginning to feel more balanced, as players have become better at not mindlessly running into her effective range.

Introducing two heroes at a time works in a Moba game because the overall gameplay is so slow and paced out over such a large space, that the effectiveness of one hero has less of an impact on a match, compared to Overwatch.

1 every year would be better. Seeing how they can’t keep up with balancing their characters.