I think it gets worse: Your MMR is not Role Specific

Ever get a really good win streak on your tank, then switch over to DPS and wonder what game am I playing?

Its because I believe, I feel… when you win on your tanks the MMR goes up - then when you swap to another role, well, the game expects you to play at your tank level. For me, is it wrong for me to have tanks that are not bronze?

Because what happens is, our team gets rolled, and a roll means the match maker was extremely off - expectations were too high.

If anyone else “feels this” - then may I suggest we have separate internal MMR for each role group.

3 Likes

Sure you are not just better at tanking than DPS :thinking:

2 Likes

I was “winning” on dps yesterday and I broke down and starting playing my tank this morning. Won some hard matches. I come back to DPS and I get some off the wall bad players.

Same time, but different day. Noticeably I get bronze tanks. I am not that inconsistent.

1 Like

MMR is 100% role based

4 Likes

Pretty sure the game maintains separate “MMR” ratings per role… I think the real issue is that it doesn’t match per role… just fiddles about to get a sum SR for a team that is tolerable to build a match… I think the wide variance in outcomes comes from this personally.

1 Like

Maybe… another key event, because I played tank, my placements finished for tank

Yeah not sure where this was coming from, I am guessing since MMR is not displayed for QP, the OP is feeling like its the same across roles…

1 Like

Simply I feel that when I do good on my tank my dps suffers.

The history on implementation in this game I feel some wires are still crossed.

And I ask if anyone else felt the same. If not move on and the thread will die but if people feel the same then let’s bring to light.

I mean… You’re in Silver (giving you the benefit of doubt) there’s a lot of things that can go wrong in silver games that might prevent your team from winning (and if you’re incapable of making good decisions) you won’t be able to save the game.

1 Like

I mean… Aside from being completely different hero types, the play style is incredibly different and maybe your brain isn’t turning on DPS brain fast enough.

I think role queue is excellent!! The issue is the player base.

In your above case, consistency is key!! You honestly just need to spend more time playing DPS (and aim training honestly). But I get the need for flex tickets :frowning:

1 Like

Your SR does not cross over to you other roles, just fyi.

If you are in one elo on Tank for example does mean that your other roles will get the same treatment or that your bad games on Tank will cross over to your other roles.

I am different SR on different roles myself and if I win more or lose more on one role it never reflected on my other roles unless you literally leave the game then you have the usual SR loss on the role you left plus additional 10-15 SR loss on other role.

I am still trying to understand what you actually mean. Do you mean that if you lose on one role that loss becomes an immediate loss on other roles?

2 Likes

No - its a feeling - nothing I can prove on the SR.

Again, I was playing dps all this week, moved 100+. I played tank to complete my placements and I switch back and I get some really bad teams…

Now, there was that other thread about having flex queue having bad match ups and thats also what happened, I played tank got some points and my dps games we’re stomps.

Yea… my phone is on one account, my pc on the other… I gotta pick one.

Its just a feeling nothing more, it sounds like you do not share this view. Its ok, people can have different opinions - some right some wrong.

I’m just trying to make sense of it.

If the game showed us our MMR / per role I’d have nothing to say. But because they dont, and we have this weird “SR” that is an extension to our MMR in “some way”. All I have to go on is what other people experienced and what I have experienced. Maybe I just got some bad teams.

MMR is informed by all kinds of performance data, and it affects your matchmaking in all kinds of ways. It is very likely that performing well in one character class turns the handicapping algorithm against you in other classes as well. This is based on simple Bayesian probability that a player who performs well in one class is more likely to perform well in another class, than a player whose performance in that class has not been observed.

More information on algorithmic handicapping:

1 Like

Yes. Win and loses strikes will be even between roles. I can get - 300 sr on healer in a week and gain it on my dps role… Nonsense. Everhthing is a nonsense.

Just trash match-making mmr for all roles including open q are independent from each other.