I submit proof that ELO hell can exist under a very specific set of circumstances. I am the most egregious gold smurf in the history of your game. And it was completely unintentional

Another low diamond player with worse stats. Continues to check out.

Single digit may be a bit of an exaggeration but you’d be at like 10-15% It would be ugly and you’d have trouble even getting off shots. You would constantly die and spend as much time in spawn as playing the game the difference is that massive.
Just your presence in a GM game would ensure your team losses that game.

1 Like

How was my initial post a troll post? Your entire thread is a troll post by that logic. I legitimately offered you some advice.

And you glanced at a profile with 5 games this season and most played is 14 minutes on Dva. Therefore you deemed me irrelevant to the conversation? The simple fact that you’re a gold player makes your entire thread irrelevant and laughable by that logic. And like I said, I am a masters genji main who can play hitscan extremely well until high diamond, and fills for their teammates because I understand how to play the game. Did you even bother to see the printscreen I linked?

And I love how you completely disregarded my point on how that attitude of looking down on others when you can’t realize your own faults is why you are gold and pathetic.

1 Like

And how many alt accounts do you have??? Probably played through the low ranks on Play atl heros, then switched to your Diamond Alts, and so on and so forth. That is exactly whats wrong with this game. Grinding alt accounts to GM from Bronze is a fallacy. The game has ALREADY evaluated your skillset. Purposely placing Bronze by INTENTIONALLY playing poorly through placements, then try harding up to GM does NOT validate your opinion.

Why ult with insufficient support? Why not follow your healer on the flank? Why not get a pick on their main healer to even the odds?

I understand DPS Moira, or Zen, or Lucio being frustrating but there are ways to position yourself and play that can mitigate the effect that has.

1 Like

I will say it gain: “Well, I am going to join on this conversation unexpectedly. Here are what I like to say. Firstly, you believe that just because your stats are “pro” compared to your peers make you an automatic above average rank. Well, I will give you an example with a game that I am 100% sure you have played: CS and you have to evaluate it. Imagine a scenario where you, a silver 2 is fighting against other silver 2s. Then let’s correlate what you are saying to this scenario: your stat is clearly above average, so that means that your mechanical skill alone is comparable to a global. HOWEVER, you then complain about how you actually belong in global because of your stats. You hop on the forums and complain, then other people, who are higher ranks than you consistently proves that you do not belong in global; you are delusive to the truth and continue to stray away from it through bullsh#t excuses such as “my stats > your stats, therefore I am global.” Shut up and if you cannot accept your rank, then learn to climb, not complain.”

4 Likes

That’s a microcosm of two individual players. I can use that tactic too. Shroud would dumpster any GM on the ladder. Effortlessly.

Sure. Follow a poorly positioned healer as a tank

The REVERSE is true. The healers should be following the tanks and their team, not the other way around.

You clearly have bad game sense.

Tanks are SUPPOSED to soak damage and defend their team while at the same time making space for the DPS to move around. Healers ned to keep their tanks alive and by extension the DPS.Some tanks are meant for getting picks (like Roadhog) So when I make 2 picks and the healer isn’t there to support a forward push thats THEIR fault for making a poor positioning decision.

Micorocosm? Really? Let me guess, your next excuse is going to be “I have more hours”

1 Like

No it wasn’t smurfing or anything like that I started as a legitimate Bronze and worked my way up throughout the seasons and i’m currently Masters.

1 Like

I would love to see you land more than 10% crits on some grandmaster players. Please, a GM out there, challenge this moron to a 1v1.

2 Likes

Yes? That’s what I said, didn’t I? If you are following the healer then their position is vastly less poor.

Plus, your issue was the Moira going on flanks and while I don’t advocate for single-minded flank-Hog, as that hero you are far less out of position for doing so.

1 Like

Well, too bad Shroud is a washed up players. He only plays for his career in Twitch.

1 Like

Wrong. That was sarcasm. You are wrong. I am not supposed to follow a poorly positioned healer. Just as a Mercy is not generally supposed to follow poorly positioned DPS and try and revive someone who made a bad flank decision and is either dead or dying based on that poor positioning decision.

I’m not complaining about my rank, I’m pointing out players in gold rank don’t have the stats I do. Players in plat do not have them, players in low diamond, do not have them. Players experienced in FPS titles in S1, placed higher on the ladder than players who did not have that experience. I did my FIRST placements with an already gold ranked player. He had slid down to 1569, so when we finished, my rank was 2569. The maximum SR distance that allowed us to still be able to queue together.

What all of the trolls in this post don’t know, is that I already rolled a new account that placed higher. This post is just meant to bring the matter to the attention of Blizzard, that it CAN happen - and is probably how new bronze smurfs are made (without the need for them to throw thousands of games) You literally do your placement matches with a bronze if you want to be bronze. It’s flawed as hell if one of the players is actually skilled.

They did this because they wanted to allow friends to be able to queue together, so you will never gain or lose more than will allow you to remain within the acceptable SR range, as long as you don’t queue without that person (solo wins can drive you up, and bar a duel queue if they didn’t climb as well). The problem is that this can be easily exploited to place players in an ELO they never should be in, because their presence (superior game sense and mechanical skill) imbalances the expected skill level of the bracket.

Crits aren’t present in gold, because it’s not an expectation of a gold player. A gold player struggles to hit even body shots more than about 35% of the time, crit is non-existent. At platinum, everyone more or less has the same body shot accuracy, so it flatlines, the skill shifts to who has better crit. Plats have about 4-6% on average, they get head shots, but they’re the easy ones (conga lines, players standing still, pre-firing a corner).

Diamond players have 8%+ crit, and they can aim at heads, the only difference between diamond and top 500, is how often they can click heads, and how accurately in a variety of scenarios. That’s it. it’s not some wide berth, but getting 2% more crit, is no easy task - that’s where thousands of hours of practice come in just to make small gains.

These are common ELO requirements. You must click more heads than almost all of the player base to reach the global elite. And the head hitbox in CS is dramatically smaller than Overwatch hitboxes, and includes countering momentum, and controlling for spray. You don’t have to do this stuff in Overwatch. There is no player momentum from strafing to account for. There is no loss of accuracy from jumping. It’s dumbed down. If anything OW needs DR on crouch spam.

Why tho? A team of 6 who go together regardless of optimal positioning, is far better than a team of 5 going in with perfect positioning.

1 Like

Pointing out? Are you actually trolling now? You are so desperate that you have to literally change the subject? wowie

3 Likes

Players who have already completed their placements should not be allowed to group or be matched with other players who have not completed their placements. That for starters would help a lot of issues. Too often do I see triple or quad stacked teams with 2 Plats a Gold and an unranked player in placements. This is part of the problem. There need to be more specific restrictions places on the Competitive grouping rules.

You keep defaulting to the same argument like a broken record despite how many times we have debunked it. Your gold rank stats are irrelevant to players in higher ranks because players in higher ranks aren’t farming accuracy percentage against gold players, they are fighting other high ranked players. Accuracy does not correlate! It is literally saying a silver 2 in csgo playing against other silver 2s and a global elite playing against other globals have the same accuracy, therefore the silver 2 should be global. Stop and think.

And about your infamous haha! I have another account higher than this! comment, congratulations! Keep playing on it. Over time, it will drop to gold. You may hang there for a bit, but you certainly will not climb. Instead of blaming the matchmaker, how about you realize you probably had a couple good games on your new account, but if you are still the same skill, it will go down. Placements aren’t perfect.

2 Likes

Because asking that TANK to sacrifice a good positioning choice based on someone elses BAD positioning decision is completely ridiculous.