I submit proof that ELO hell can exist under a very specific set of circumstances. I am the most egregious gold smurf in the history of your game. And it was completely unintentional

elo hell doesnt exist in a static sense

elo hell is what WE create. being unwilling to swap to better heroes, or swap settings to make things easier. this and that, create situations where we cant win.

but thats OUR fault, not the match making system. a great example of this is
trying to play genji during the prime of goats meta.

Lmao. Using statistically doesnā€™t make you correct in any way. It just means according to numbers. Letā€™s use some easy to understand #s.

Your rank is 2076. Its the bottom end of gold, easily going into silver in 3 games. You current rank is the most common rank. It has 32% of the player population. You are in the bottom 61%.

You stats are unimpressive against extremely average players. If you were actually mechanically superior, like you claim, with some game sense you would move out of your rank. These guys are people playing to unwind after school/work, who play 1 -3 games a night a best. The fact that you think you have so much gaming ā€œpedigreeā€, and that they are beneath you, you canā€™t climb.

Thatā€™s gotta hurt your oversized ego.

Also, of course you wonā€™t play against diamond players. You duo-queued as low gold players. The SR limit is 1k diamond and below.

3 Likes

Started reading this last night and finished this thread doing the morning (sadly wasnt logged in and on mobile :()
God. This is the most perfect stereotype for a gold player Iā€™ve ever seen.

• claims theyā€™re better bc ā€˜aim and elims!ā€™
  • blames placements
  • blames teammates
  • i have more years of experience than youā€™ve been alive! respect me! (even though youre younger than me and twice my rank)
  • ā€œiā€™d climb if i spent >high number< of hours, but donā€™t have the timeā€

QQ only helps it, ā€œthe healers did a gold mistake in gold, this is why im goldā€

6 Likes

And now heā€™s just hidden his profile. Lmao.

2 Likes

What you described forms part of the problem. You had to carry lower skilled players in your group. Now, imagine that you are new to the game, and you do the first 25 level of QP only with them. You then proceed to do all of your placement matches with the same group (but they have already completed 6 previous seasons of placements, so their MMR is aligned with their SR).

Because they are a gold player, you will never get matches outside of the range that they can queue in. You cannot be placed higher on the ladder without facing opponents of higher skill. You canā€™t place masters by only playing against golds in placement matches. He slid out of gold to 1569, the game placed me the maximum distance away that it could while still allowing us to be able to queue together, at 2569. 1000 SR on the dot. if it would have placed me at 2570 - We wouldnā€™t be able to queue together.

Since 6 seasons had already past by, there were tons of sales, and thus tons of alts disrupting those games. As a DPS player, it could have been just a 6 DPS comp - but it was enough to push me back down to gold, and through a series of solo ults and general focus fire aimed directly at me (with inept tanks and supports) - keep me there.

My QP MMR (my skill) places me with diamond and master players (because I donā€™t get hard focused in QP, thereā€™s no reason for them to do it).

I kill GM widows every single day in widow hs lobbies. The trolls would have you believe that they donā€™t try-hard in those arcade modes. They have clearly never been in one. Iā€™ve never seen so much crouch spamming in my entire life.

With that being said, I never claimed to be a GM or a master player, I just found it strange that my aim was far better than all of the dps players in gold, platinum, and most of diamond. And I noticed how much that aim got me shot at by everyone in my games more than anyone else on my team (who could not head shot, and thus presented a lower threat).

If this level of aim was common in gold ELO, my teams wouldnā€™t lose their minds in voice every time anyone picks Widowmaker. They all love derp heroes like Reaper and Junkrat. Heroes that donā€™t require fine aim.

Threadis kind of long. Havenā€™t read the last half. But wanted to point something out:

Tracer is not support dependent, she is health-pack dependent. She is a flanker, and depends on health packs. Thatā€™s her play style. If you are blaming support for not healing you while playing Tracer, something is wrong.

Also while mechanical skill will get you far, game sense and positioning is far more important. And I hate to say it, but in Gold ELO you have to baby sit - be the shot caller and - politely - tell people to back up, engage, call out flankers, etc. I win most of my games when people are in voice chat and listen to call outs. The ones I lose, more often than not, are when my team-mates are not in voice chat or are not using it (or using it to be toxic and I canā€™t call them back from the ledge they are about to throw themselves off of). It gets exhausting to tell people what they should already know - but itā€™s the only way.

1 Like

sorry to disappoint you, if you would be really good like you describe yourself you would be out of gold in no time, like literally 4 hours of playing or something.
For a good player (gm) gold is nothing but the training ground and no one should be able to lay a finger on u.

edit: I looked at your gameplay, your widow is not even mediocre compared to gm let alone top500 players. Tracking and aiming ist plat maybe. just to get you out of your bubble

3 Likes

There is way too much stuff on this post to read all but:
I did watch your gameplay for a while when u played tracer. It yells gold so much. You watch where you move (aka. you aim at the floor). What higher tier players do is they pre aim in positions where there is a high probability to be a enemy behind a corner so when you see the enemy your crosshair is really close to the enemy instead below hes feet and you need to adjust alot. Other thing is you seem to think tracer is some kind of s76. You fight way too much out of your effective range. And the last thing is you dont really commit. You poke 2 clips of ammo on a zen on long range. Now hes half and a gold should be able to finish him if you commit (you had all blinks and recall ready). Instead you just leave the zen even tho on higher ranks they would have responded but on gold they didnt and you coudl easily killed the zen as no1 was looking at you and you might have had to use your recall, but trading your recall to a kill and surviving is huge worth. You never did that. Also your pulse bomb useage is at least questionable. Trying to throw on moiras etc. Even if you hit a moira, she will just press shift. And one bomb went to a 10hp zen (and missed) while you could just, you know, melee him or reload and finish him. And you even let the zen live. Smh.

3 Likes

You canā€™t commit when you cannot count on your supports and tanks. Iā€™m not playing against gold players. I have a really high MMR. None of you trolls understand MMR and how it affects your matchmaking. If I head shot people, I donā€™t play against people who canā€™t headshot, itā€™s not fair. Gold players donā€™t head shot. Gold players canā€™t aim.

I donā€™t play D.va ever, but I could pick her and destroy Pharahs, yet the Dā€™va MAINS in my games with like 300 hours and a gold border. They canā€™t. Sell your fairy tales elsewhere - the ladder is completely trash and overrun by plat and low diamond college freshman griefing low elo.

You can literally see the difference in the queue when the college kids are on break. This week has been absolute trash for competitive.

How many rolls of tinfoil you had to use for this post? Just legit curious.

3 Likes

How are you a diamond player and you have no clue how the game works in terms of matchmaking?

Because I dont use tinfoil to craft my theories how the game works.

3 Likes

So you have an IQ with the square root of my shoe. Got it.

Yep, thats how smart you have to be. Maybe one day you will get as smart and leave your tinfoil theories to the dumb ones.

3 Likes

You are definitely where you belong. You have good aim yes, but please focus on the other more important aspects of the game. Focus on movement, decision making, and positioning because those are the weaker aspects of your gameplay.

1 Like

I am a 4.2k player. I have played in every rank from gold to gm. I can tell you if there was an elo hell it would be 2900-3100 just because it is the biggest jump (play to diamond) so the games are the most unpredictable (lots of people agree on this notably the streamer Jayne). Elo hell is the rank you belong at as you cannot escape it. There is no 1 thing that ties someone to a rank. I know golds that can aim well but have no positioning or game sense and vice versa. I have played on an alt in gold and plat and I can easily carry those games on support and tank. What you are saying about duoing, you cannot get any higher than the mid level between you are the duo. This is why I solo q 90% of the time so its accurate of my skill.

I am not someone who has always been gm and just saying this stuff. I played 2100 in s2 and only hit diamond in s8 where I peaked at 3001. Each season since I have climbed. Climbing is about your approach to the game and your ability to learn. There is a HUGE difference between gold and gm in skill so to be gm you need to be on a gm level. This means you need to actively seek to improve and not just generically play the game. If you play at a plat level you will be plat, and yes, if you play at a diamond level you will be diamond. Up to you how you do that improvement but I recommend starting with watch Jayne.

Play to improve not win and you will find yourself climbing if you do it correctly and improve.

4 Likes

Like I am very sorry to say but you clearly belong in gold, your mechanics are that of a gold player, you seem really slow with everything you do and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. Time into gaming does not mean you are good at it and games are all different. I am sorry but it is the truth.

4 Likes

No one player can win the battle if your team completely sucks and you dont get credit for playing well in such losing games. Cards, commendations, endorsements are meaningless atmā€¦maybe just remove for something that benfits playersā€™ actual skill level.

1 Like

Pretty sure this guy doesnā€™t care is heā€™s wrong and wonā€™t admit that heā€™s bad because heā€™s played FPS games for so long.

This is the unfortunate truth of bad players, they think theyā€™re better than what they really are and will blame other people for their lack of skill.

If youā€™ve seen the OPā€™s video, there is nothing special about his aim or game sense, the things he does clearly shows he doesnā€™t know how to play dps. He constantly blames other people even when heā€™s clearly in the wrong, even when heā€™s doing extremely bad and gets called out for it, he shifts the blame to healers.

TLDR; OP is ignorant and sucks at FPS games, so itā€™s everyoneā€™s fault.

A couple weeks ago I went on a journey to bronze. I was on an alt account. I wanted to see how high I could climb in one day. I started at 1000sr. Im a hanzo main in diamond currently, so i got up to gold with 0 losses. While in gold I absolutely stuck my hand up playerā€™s asses, and tore out their rectums. Needless to say, I got up to diamond, my actual rank, in about 14 hours, with 2 losses. Theres no elo hell.