I Still LMAO When People Deny Forced Loses

This.

Every single “just climb bro” kid is diamond or higher. Every single time

1 Like

at this point it‘s just a classical survivorship bias.

How are these people not instantly banned>?

well i wonder if blizz is even awake to the exponential rise in seal clubbers in bronze, silver, and gold. ow 2 needs to deal with that…or this game is just plain dead for pvp.

Because The only difference you Make Is pressing M1 and M2.

It’s not that losses or wins are forced, per se. It’s that every competitive match is handicapped with Match Making Rating. I’ve written about why handicapping is wrong for competitive ranked play:

I think there might be some forced losing streaks, at least in qp. I had about 10-15 games earlier this week where every player I could view profile of on the other team was a higher rank than I am. Multiple diamonds, master players, or GMs each game. Naturally I had a really hard time keeping up with these guys and lost most of the time.

As a duo, you’re not even allowed to win 2 games without the next 3 games being vs. 6 mans and smurfs.

It’s the dumbest thing i’ve ever seen, and the actual reason this game has died.
Whether people realize it or not, MMR handicapping is what caused all the toxicity, smurfs and throwers in this game.

Congrats Blizz. You thought you could control a competitive experience and force “even matches” but you basically punished your dedicated players and turned everyone off from the game.

2 Likes

Make friends in game that are reliable players. Make sure at least one is dps. Play and enjoy the game and don’t focus too much on sr. Enjoy company and challenge.

Meanwhile they gave some guy $100k for playing zen. What a sham.

are you sure it exists I did really good this season

that’s not true the more you win the higher chance you are to get teamed with people who were losing a lot which means you get punished for success…eventually you will get such bad potatoes that you will definitely lose

Is it only lower sr players that have this then, cause I sure as hell didn’t get this ever. lol. if you win you play against higher people… isn’t this how the games supposed to work, like yay I beat these guys, now can I beat people who are better? I just dont understand how you define this as forced and not as HOW THE FREAKING GAME IS SUPPOSED TO WORK

1 Like

I do think this only effect lower SR players, but I also think it’s a side effect of smurf accounts (and as long as they aren’t throwing, I don’t care) and the game not originally being built for role cue are affecting it. But if I go solo que, and I win 3 games with people who are my rank (or one rank above) I will get more games where I’m the high rank… and it’s more likely that they’ll continually feed… walk right passed the tank who may or may not be positioned well… which makes me lose. I’m hoping a rank reset, and new competitive markers in the Matchmaker with OW2. One for each different character.

Disclaimer: This is not claiming I don’t make any mistakes, I do. I whiff shots, I don’t play enough when to rank back up, and I get tilted after 2 losses in a row… in before anybody says “Get Gud” 'only look at your play"

Usually you just get worse and worse teammates until you lose.

The opposition rarely gets better. The problem is that the system works but it only looks at stats and comparisons.

If you play a few games with poor stats. You get pooled with other poor performing players. Because in the eyes of the matchmaker you all deserve to be lower down the ladder.

Now this is fine except, pick a DPS player that is good with Mcree. He plays 5 games as SOMBRA and completely poos the bed. He is gonna have a rough go of it the next few games being put on the “losing” team until he shows the matchmaker he does not belong there by playing his main.

This is also “fine” except there seems to be a threshold where the matchmaker gets really really stubborn wanting to keep you where it thinks you belong vs where you probably do belong.

This doesn’t happen to GM players in Plat. But this will happen to Plat players in Gold, or Gold players in Silver etc.

And that is where the frustration comes from.

Now add new acts, smurfs , throwers, boosters, boosted accts going down, aimbotters etc. And now you have the complete #%^#- show that is ranked mode in Overwatch.

Where your SR is “accurate” +/- 500 SR…or if you play literally hundreds of games…+/- 200 SR. AND with the majority of players between 2000-3000sr… this variance is unacceptable with the large sample size they are using. (Millions of players as per Blizz).

1 Like

Sorry but this is not true at all.

TL;DR “i take overwatch so seriously i have bouts of cognitive dissonance when i lose my silver games”

Necro’d thread should have stayed in the grave D:

I hope i’m never heavily ‘unflavored’. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s your overall account win rate?

Maffs. (20 characters)