I Still LMAO When People Deny Forced Loses

Let’s see. Still around 800 SR lower than what I normally used to be. Had a 6 game win streak finally. Last win, 3 golds 1 silver. K:D of 6:1. etc. 5 SR gain only (win before I had more about 20 SR gain).

Next match. Me and another on my team same rank. 3 a rank lower. 1 not placed. Going against 5 my rank and 1 ranked 1 lower. Soooo yeah. On paper there is an obvious setup for a loss. Guess the result? We got steamrolled. But yeah. Not a forced loss.

edit: Scratch that. Joined my next match and another forced. Almost same match except this time they only had 4 the same rank as me and another. The rest of my team was 1 rank lower and 3 not ranked. Had the Mercy on my team only focus 1 player too. VS 4 same rank as me. 2 1 lower. They capped in 2 mins total on Havana. We couldn’t even move the payload 1 inch.

But yep. No forced losses.

42 Likes

forced means, that some power exists which has such an influence on the match. But fortunately there is no such a power, but instead you can get boosted player, throwing player, deranker, bad composition, lack of communication and so on, which will end up loosing. But statistically speaking I describe every 3rd game of any person here. The rule of 30-40-30
30% of games you will winn nomatter what
30% of games you will loose nomatter what
40% of games depends on you.
That way you can possible having of 70% winrate, but your average is 45-55%, which means at least in 20% of your own games you are the weakest spot in your team.

So, don’t mess up terms, otherwise it sounds like a magic, which do not exists, but easy to believe if you had no competitive experience.

18 Likes

I chuckle when people claim “you are the weakest spot on the team” or “you are the reason for your failures.” I’ll come up with an alternate theory… I think it’s because this player is so good that the matchmaking algos will give him worse teammates the better he plays, in order to “even out” the teams. And that simply negates his wins with losses, and he ends up right where he started.

For my part, I’ll go on a great five game win streak with fantastic stats (as Support), then just keep getting really bad tanks/dps vs enemy teams with better tanks/dps. Then when my stats become so poor because of being slaughtered (as Mercy), I’ll finally start getting competent teammates that actually work together, and then I move back up. But it’s a net zero gain. Win 5, lose 5, win 2 lose 4, win 4 lose 2, win 3, lose 1, win 1, lose 3. At the end of EVERY session I am right where I started. EVERY night I play, EVERY season for the past year.

Maybe it isn’t expressly “forced”, but the algos having this way of “evening out” teams based on our recent gameplay absolutely sets us up for failure by giving us worse teammates to balance out skill across the teams. Basically it says that the only way to avoid this is befriend regulars and run a 6 stack to help you get past the hell ranks. Many of us can’t spend 5 nights per week raiding this game like it was an MMO. The algos make it nearly impossible to pug.

32 Likes

The point of my message is not to chuckle, but admitting that problem exists and taking care of it. But the actual problem, of that guy, who stole my Ashe, he doesn’t know that he was a big problem, cause all he’ve said was “why you take my hero?” First factror for improvement is to admit that you’re bad at something. The worst thing which I hate in other players is lack of will for improvement and being distracted with unnecessary and unhelpfull stuff, like “Matchmaking is unfair and rigged” “Smurfs are the issue” and so on.

Matchmaking will give you also better opponents, which you will define as fast as you match up against them, but your teammates are usually not that bad as you might think, because something is obvious (enemy strengths) and something is biased (bad teammates). The important thing is how you addapt to the difficulity. When I loose I punish myself, I go and shoot 1000 bots untill I feel confidece in my aim, because I lost last game for a reason of my inconsistent aim. Anyone could say bravo towards himself, but only 1% is looking for what they could’ve done better.

4 Likes

Sounds like you can’t read. Re-read my post plz

4 Likes

You’ll see this more clearly if you are not dps. Play Support and watch how after a win streak, you suddenly get DPS that won’t get into teamchat, or are off alone chasing kills, having bad ult economy, not peeling, ignoring objectives. Then after a losing streak, you’re rewarded with teammates that peel for you, come to you for heals, signal to you when they are about to ult, dive when necessary.

My aim with healing is never the question. It’s always what my teammates are doing. Part of the situational awareness required to play Support is analyzing what everyone is doing, and after a while, in any elo, you can predict a lot. Unfortunately I can’t aim my heals across the map or pull a teammate back to me before they do something stupid. That’s why Moira/Ana reign because they can contribute DPS. Again, try Support (not those two) a while and you WILL see what we’re referring to.

8 Likes

I am GM dps (4.1k) 3.6-3.9 support, and I play tanks with my left leg in diamond. I know where and what I am lacking to improve at my off roles. And you have serious distraction issue, you believe in non-existent magic instead of thinking what could you do better if you really look for better teammates and skill rating improvement. Also I am a booster, I know how every elo works and how to maintain close to a 100% winrate. It comes with experience to you. But you don’t like this experience, you don’t accept it rn trying to do “alghorythm research” All you need to know is actual and strong player defies mathematical analysis.

3 Likes

Ahhh too funny. Since my OP, I have lost every match. ALL matches had 2 dps heals. 3 of them had Mercy’s who boosted/focused heals a Mei while I was trying to carry and still maintained a 64%-72% accuracy.

So now I have lost 300 SR yet before this i was gaining 5 SR per win.

7 Likes

Come visit us in gold and you’ll see

Actually was plat… Now low gold… 15 game losing streak which makes me laugh cause i was forced to a losing streak and now can’t get 1 heal let alone 1 win. Easy for Blizz to force losses though after a couple wins but losing streaks means nothing.

2 Likes

Why do they keep forcing you to lose games bojangles? Also, are there just always 5 players online, that when put on your team, will make you lose? Man, blizzard is diabolical!

5 Likes

People just can’t comprehend it for some reason.

It’s simple.

You have a hidden rating.
When you win some games, you are probably putting up good stats.
Matchmaker needs to make an even match next game.
You HAVE to get teamed with currently bad players in order for it to be even.
That may not be a “forced loss” according to Blizzard, but it pretty much is.
When you win some games or put up a couple big games… you earn yourself hard mode. That is idiotic.

The game thinks it’s going to be even, by sticking you with poor performers. Except they’re just so bad that it’s a lost cause.

This is why people say “forced losses” Not because they think Jeff Kaplan is there watching and picking on YOU.

Making “even” matches like kindergarten kickball isn’t needed. We have SR, a rank. Use that, randomly. Do NOT try and force even teams. It’s backfired big time and makes the game unplayable.

21 Likes

Can you post forced loss games? Replay codes.

5 Likes

Hahahah now 320 SR down. 6 win streak to 15 game losing streak… AWESOME system.

2 Likes

Ok fine, but I was asking if you can post replay codes for forced loss games.

5 Likes

I still laugh that people think 1 game is enough evidence to justify the entire system being rigged against them specifically out of literally millions of players.

6 Likes

I still laugh at blinded people. 300 SR loss after a whole 6 game win streak and now non stop loses… Keep up the good blindedness. Oh… And yep… The last 12-15 matches now I am at 68% accuracy. 8:1 K:D (if you know what that means). 3 golds 1 silver avg. But yeah. ALL ME :D. Love the rose tinted goggle wearers.

5 Likes

You lost so much because of your gameplay. I ask again, please post replay codes for those forced loss games.

5 Likes

Can you define and elaborate on what you’d like to see in a forced loss game? What requirements/observables would declare it a forced loss - as per you. I have my own set of criteria, but I’d like to hear it from you.

I’ll easily dig up a replay that fits that spec.
Otherwise you’re just baiting people with moving goalposts.

4 Likes

I cant because I dont claim it is forced. I am curious what I will see in game like that as I have enever seen it before. Nobody ever post game like that.

He said he has forced loss game, I would like to see them to see on my own eyes and try to understand how it was forced .

4 Likes