I still do not understand how Brigitte is above average

If he said launch why not she could did a 2vs1 easy.
But GOAT without the goat team aka all others game mode, if you don’t include GM rank.
She die easy but she could defend herself vs flankers, not like this current version.

I hope this version come back, devs don’t even try it when 2-2-2 is out.

because blizzard has never addressed how she can do everything in game with little mechanical skill requirements.

Run the list.
AOE team wide healing + single target range healing with no aim requirements + shield to bail out positional errors and protect team + boop to keep people away + a stun that can cancel almost every ULT in game + 3rd person view to help with awareness + one of the best support ults in the game.

it makes her very powerful in the hands of players who know how to play the game correct, but also rather boring as she has no interesting mechanics for them to use.

it’s the whole issue of why use a more difficult hero that scales up as you get better if you can use a the lower level hero and get more value with less effort.

1 Like

She gets value in low ranks by playing aggressive and more front-line than she should. Same principle as Moira in low ranks… you actually provide more value putting damage as first priority.

1 Like

It’s been three…her rework was essentially a reset.

And she needed three because her first two nerfs were baby taps. When other heroes get nerfed its harsh and off bat.

She’s good because it’s a universal kit that isn’t weak in any area. They eliminated her weakness. So she’s going to be fine forever.

It’s because of multi-tasking.

Went in detail about it here. It was pre HP and Inspire nerf but the idea remains the same.

Agreed.

Too much, all the time. A shared feeling by me prior to her nerfs:

This is why we should of removed Inspire first, it was pathetically weak, didn’t last long and was blocked by being on an incline.

It been clear from the start she should been an off tank but Inspire forces her into the support role and her being has done nothing good for the game

I wonder how Brig would be now if GOATS would never have been a thing? :thinking:

A single reaper, mccree, or junkrat could kill og brig. I know cuz I did it all the time.

1 Like

I wonder if she would have been blamed for goats if lucio had been released after her. Lucio is the only consistent hero in every triple/quad tank comp we’ve had- ana/lucio, moira/lucio, brig/lucio/moira, brig/lucio/zen, and brig/lucio/ana.

3 Likes

It could have been all very different. There’s no denying in her launch state she was OP. I’m not saying that she wasn’t. But I honestly think if GOATs had never been a thing. Or even able to be a thing. That Brig would not have got nowhere near as much hate as she did. And we’d be in a very different position now.

Maybe we’d still have a Brig similar to how she was just before she was reworked. Maybe we’d have never had 2-2-2. Or it would have been implemented later. Who knows I guess.

It’s repair back that breaks her. Auto-aim burst heal at a long range.

I wish they made Brig into a sturdy off-healer with peel instead of a jack of all trades master of all that gets nerfed dozens of times and is still strong.

I cannot express how much I miss Brig before her RQ ‘rework’. She was a perfect niche character that didn’t need to be reworked at all. Now she has a kit that works against herself (design wise) and the ONLY value she gets is above Masters. In other words, she sucks for the vast majority of the playerbase.

4 Likes

It’s because Brig is by and large a garbage character. She has been nerfed into the ground. She has no agency, she can’t do much of anything and I find her to be very boring and passive to play.

That said she has consistent AoE healing… she is pretty much the best heal bot in the game if your team is spread out and won’t group up. Her value is increased by providing healing to your team. Brig enables those DPS main lone wolves.

Uh it hasn’t been a burst heal in a long time… it’s a heal over time that last 2 seconds and is no stronger than Mercy’s beam. As for “Auto aim” it’s basically no different than Ana. point any where on a body and land a hit. Now you could say the way people light up to tell you have a lock on target, and it’s instance is nice.

But in practice you have to aim as much for her as Ana.

Agreed.

(20 characters)

A large number of past nerfs doesn’t tell you anything about how powerful a character is now. It tells you how absurdly overpowered the original version was, and how reluctant the developers were to make significant enough changes to fix it.

I disagree. I think it shows how much hand holding she got.

Brig got the mercy valk baby nerfs.

Valkyrie is too strong so let’s cut itty bitty pieces.

Ana was op? Nade got halved and her dps cut a third.

That’s what it took to get both brig and mercy in line. Literally. Halve the issues and it’s no longer an issue. But mercy, brig… They didn’t get that. They got hand held around the kiddy pool

Except Brig has some of the worst survivability of any support

1 Like

Thank you for recreating this meme:

2 Likes