I Quit (RichC) šŸŗ

They have already told you several times why people are sad to see him go, maybe read the posts with those instead. No need for a seperate topic.

Die with Glory :cry:

How about instead of looking at it like some great user and celebrity left, look at it like a friend is leaving and you donā€™t know when they are coming back. There is no need to insult everyone here.

Actually, everyone says the exact same thing, ā€œRichC was one of the most positive members of the community.ā€

Well you know what? Maybe he was but this forum is not supposed to be a worship of the most positive member. It is supposed to be a place to discuss Overwatch. And somehow you all fail to see that annoucing your depature from the forum means that you are no longer the most positive person on the forum. The most positive person would never leave. Do you guys even logic?

1 Like

That literally does not make any sense. I am probably among the most negative people here and, well, I am still here and not going anywhere anytime soon. Your outlook, positive or negative, has nothing to do with your love or tolerance of the game. I am constantly complaining, but clearly my tolerance is ludicrously high and of course I love the game.

heā€™s just a real nice guy who posts often on the forums, heā€™s always been a sweetheart and has always been really helpful and encouraging to anyone he comes across.

people will miss him cause he was good company and he cared about the game a lot, heā€™s always been a joy to talk to. heā€™ll probably be back but not until the gameā€™s bugs are fixed.

I donā€™t get why yā€™all are being aggro about this lmao.

2 Likes

omg he puts on a persona! Have you actually sat down and had a beer with him? Or did you just reply to a post he made on here about having a beer? What is wrong with people???

Yes, he was a very positive person and someone whos topics were always good to read through, on a forum where that is near non-existant. He decided to leave the game, made a post explaining why, and people are sad because of who he is. Not ā€œworshipā€. Do YOU even logic?

6 Likes

Iā€™m not hyping the guy up at all bud

What is your problem lmao. heā€™s a nice dude who was nice to talk to and he offered constructive criticism when it was appropriate.

are we not allowed to like people unless we know every single thing about them??? this is like saying we canā€™t enjoy a music artist because they put on a persona for the cameras while behind the scenes they might act differently.

Should add that Iā€™ve played the actual game with him, and he was nothing but nice. Never heated, never upset. Always optimistics. He would get people who were flaming me or blaming me for my hero pick/my voice to lay off, etc.

How he is on the forums (i.e. positive, caring) is amplified when you actually play with him and talk to him, too. Competitive is a much better experience playing with him.

6 Likes

Context: RichC is one of the very few people (myself included) who have been active on the forums since the beta. Throughout the whole thing, he was a positive, energetic, and helpful member of the community. He was a champion of rallying the community to be kind to each other, and he always encouraged people to play for their team instead of just for themselves. He was a favorite for the devs to respond to on the forums, including Jeff himself a few times, and even seems to be the inspiration for the endorsement system we now have, which he originally pitched as ā€œa GLORIOUS HONOR SYSTEM!ā€ He was active in countless feedback and discussion threads, talking to and bridging multiple sub-communities in the process. For all intensive purposes, he WAS Reinhardt. Heā€™s the closest thing these forums have ever had to a true hero.

6 Likes

If they claim to fix Rein at some point would you come back?

Edit:

This is the exact kind of person this game NEEDS to retain, so this is very sad to see.

2 Likes

People keep acting like itā€™s only Rein, thatā€™s why he is leaving.

Itā€™s not just that, itā€™s the game in general.

The bugs were just the tipping pointšŸ˜­

RichC is a great guy, he would t give up on a game just for bugs, Overwatch has been in a slow decline for a while. This pushed it.

Have fun RichC, hope you have a great time in everything you doā˜ŗļø

10 Likes

Okay, well, when you put it like that, I can almost see his point. This is a little too close to worship. Like, he was a decent guy, I enjoyed reading his posts, but this is just a bit weird. Plenty of people wanted a positive reinforcement system and if he was ā€œone of the fewā€ active from the beta period, it really has nothing to do with him leaving now.

I do not want to be all randomly negative about people appreciating his contributions, but this post here literally made me understand what babydva was more or less pointing out.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s quite a big deal youā€™re making out of something as trivial as game quitting.

Wow ok, you guys actually make him sound like a Game of Thrones character with all these accolades. Shall we call him Sir RichC now or Lord RichC?

2 Likes

Woah this thread got toxic af

4 Likes

Die with Glory Rich!

Thatā€™s one way of putting it lol

1 Like