I quit 5 months ago because of Hanzo and Brigitte - Nothing has changed

These two heroes are still in every match being as broken as they can be.

I tried hard to justify Blizzard when it came to Hanzo I kept saying “he’ll get nerfs soon.”

But he just… didn’t. He got a CD nerf on Storm Arrows, and his lunge got a CD nerf, that is it? How can you let a hero like that be this overpowered for almost a year?

Brigitte is just as bad, she hasn’t gotten any meaningful changes, except for shield bash, why does she need to be as tanky as she is? I like that she doesn’t die to a Genji or Tracer but why does she need to stay in a fight way longer than any dps or tank can half the time?

I don’t know what to say anymore, except that, with the budget that Overwatch has, I would have expected the devs to take this game seriously, but seems the only thing you see your playerbase for is potential money.

You have time to add more skins and add OWL skins only buy able with OWL tokens but you can’t be bothered to actually balance your game?

Its saddening really. If this is how you treat your playerbase and then say “We care about feedback” I just laugh.

You listen to feedback? What about the dozens of Mercy megathreads, what about the dozens of people saying Hanzo and Brigitte need a nerf? There’s people here who give amazing ideas on how to make Symmetra viable, yet you simply ignore them.

With the Sombra thing you said “We feel its the right direction” as long as you it is whats right, you’ll continue doing it, but us players, we don’t get anything to say I suppose.

I expected better from you Blizzard.

6 Likes

A lot of people suggest really stupid things. If listening to popular demand meant that the devs care, then we’d have:

1. Genji nerfed (a lot)
  2. Brigitte deleted/shield breaking and leaving her useless to her team
  3. Sombra having a 1 second+ cast time on hack
  4. Doomfist being useless
  5. Reinhardt unstoppable and immune to everything
  6. Widowmaker’s gun would be a peashooter
  7. Bastion with no sentry mode because It TaKeS nO sKiLl
  8. Overpowered McCree

I get that it’s popular demand to nerf Hanzo (who I still don’t believe is truly balanced, just outshined in this meta) and Brigitte…but lol. To say that the devs don’t care because they don’t listen to you is a little silly. Sometimes the community is just really bad at reaching a reasonable and fair consensus when it comes to balance.

There are dozens of people complaining about Brigitte, but their suggestions are complete and utter piss, and they are often people who just suck at the game and can’t counter her, and reach for things to justify it.

14 Likes

They don’t really need to listen to anyone, but for the love of god, the pace at which they change is abysmal, not only that when changes come they rarely are right, and so we are left with 6 more months of a really poor balance.

If Blizzard is going to make big patches but really far between, really make them big, don’t just change one or two things, test that thing out, make as much changes as possible and test them as much as possible, and them ship it.

Because right now, we are left with patches that are really far between and have the quality of a 1 week patch.

Thats why people get so upset about changes be it nerf or a buff to a hero, everyone knows that if Blizzard breakes something, it will be half a year till they try something again.

7 Likes

Oh, god, yes. I agree with that. Their speed is really bad.

I agree with you on the amount of changes doesn’t warrant the slow speed that it’s delivered. Whole-hearted.

I guess I just think it’s really silly to think, “The devs ignore community feedback, THEY SUCK AND DON’T CARE”.

I sometimes hope they never listen to the community. The people complaining about Sombra who has BARELY reached a state of viability, the people complaining about Bastion, Brigitte, Moira, the people who want Reaper and McCree to get buffed so much they become broken…

God. That’s the only thing I’m glad they’re standing their ground in. Sombra’s situation and Bastion’s are both the outliers where I truly feel the devs were clueless and need to revisit them entirely.

But I get that the speed at which they make these changes is so awful and I think the frustration is justified. Given their revenue streams. >__>

2 Likes

People need to stop asking for specific changes, it’s clear Blizzard is never going to listen to the random cries from the forums.

What people should ask for is transparency. Plead with Blizzard to give some insight into the changes they’re making so that people understand what they’re going through. Software development is hard, yes, but leaving people in the dark does nothing but alienate them and make them expect the worst.

Brigitte barely makes it to the top 10 and her pick rate is still dropping. Hanzo is picked less than Mccree and Genji.

2 Likes

Hanzo’s not the most popular DPS at most ranks. He’s not rare, but he’s hardly in every match. His winrate is pretty normal, too. The only DPS who’s really overpowered right now is Doomfist, and he’s only a bit.

3 Likes

The problem with the developers doing that is this:

“All of our developers are free to post on these forums. Very few of us actually do because it’s extremely intimidating and/or time consuming. It’s very easy to post the wrong thing and make a ‘promise’ to the community that no one intended to make. Once we say we’re working on something, we’re not allowed to ‘take it back.’ It’s set in stone.”

2 Likes

But is that a stupid idea?

I don’t think it is. Give Rein some love #bringbackRichC

Yeah, i don’t get where the “Reaper/McCree buffs” are coming from, i see people asking for them and i’m just like “really ?”

When the game launched, fighting reaper with a tanker was 70/30% favoring him, after so many changes and lifesteal on his shots, its basically 110/-10% in favor of him, it went from a “you can win if there is a outplay” to “well, i guess i auto-lose all engages because hard counter much”.

And McCree, with the fall-off buff can shred people as a mid-range hero, the only problem is that like Widow he requires a lot of aim, but unlike Widow he can’t just reposition himself at will.

The only change i did not like to Sombra was the removed mov speed from stealth and the infinite stealth, as it promotes laziness on the Sombra player, but her weapon spread buff made her so much better, her can easily destroy a hacked hammond/Zarya or even a Rein.

But yeah, so long the Devs keep moving at this pacing, letting anger towards bad balance and bad design of heroes just boil until it reachs critical mass until they finally make a change, what happens on this forum will never change.

Oh, on a vacuum it sounds harmless.

Put it together with Ana’s healing output, and ult and you have a unstoppable juggernaut, them you add a second healer like a Mercy, and he’s immortal and just destroys you, and you can’t really CC him long enough to flee or kill him.

1 Like

Yeah honestly I rather they don’t even look at community outside of some maybe general consensus and then how owl is shaking up and general ladder stats.

But please. Frequent small changes. Easiest way to approach solid balance. For the production quality and budget of OW it is balanced very very infrequently which doesn’t help anyone

Well, let us see what was done to her from the start till now.

Shield bash

• Added a delay before her shield drops after a Shield Bash
  • Added a vertical speed cap after Shield Bash
  • Cooldown increased first to 6, then to 7 seconds.
  • Brigitte gets knocked down when using Shield Bash on charging targets.

Shield

• Shield HP nerfed to 500 from 600.

Rocket Flail

• Canceling a melee swing renders you unable to melee again until it would have completed had it not been canceled.

Rally

• Maximum armour per player reduced to 100 from 150.
  • Ultimate cost increased by ~30%

No, those were never meaningful changes which gutted her survivability, diminished her cc, made punishing her from range even easier and made her manage her shield more careful now, while also nerfing her ult.

You know, what the funny thing is?
She does.

3 Likes

welp… i think the dev team doesnt play the game tbh.
hog nerfed lel.

1 Like

I disagree, some things have changed. They “buffed” (nerfed) Sombra so well she’s in an even better place (“overpowered” changes… still no one wants her on their team)…

They also started pushing the meta in a different direction, making sure not to touch heroes like Rein except for making “much needed” bug fixes immediately (as opposed to other heroes that have had issues for a lot longer…)…

Also something about Sym…

Anyway, more of the same changes… But changes none the less.

I think it is.

An anchor tank that can’t be stopped or dislodged? Absolutely a bad idea.

I don’t even think RichC would agree with it lol.

Because Gm’s and Streamers Love playing Hanzo and widdow, Also Djawida Omegalul so true. Remamber when Jeff said 1 shot heroes is frustrating to play against?

Forumwatch propaganda is hardly the kind of feedback they should listen to.