I noticed a detail about the new comic series for Cassidy

On the earlier pages of the first part, where we see depictions of the Gwishin army, we can very clearly see Gwishin Bastions rising out of the sea… so uh, have we had an OW2 skin for years and just not known it??

1 Like

Well, we’ve known about the Gwishin for a while through the Busan Mecha Base. But I think this is the first canon conformation we’ve had that the Gwishin are developing Bastion units as well.

But… with Gwishin Bastion being confirmed as canon, does that mean that Gwishin models akin to Ganymede exist?

1 Like

Gwisin Bastion is canon as much as OR-14NS or Omnic Crisis Bastion. It is a canonical character that exists, but it is not literally the one we play as. The same can be argued for the Balderich skin too.

So no, we haven’t had an “OW2 skin” for years. If we did, then Talon Sombra is an OW2 skin too.

4 Likes

As far as I’m aware though, we never saw Gwishin Bastions before. Just those weird flying things with tentacles, and the massive one in the sea during D.Va’s flashback.

I had always just assumed they made the skin because they wanted Gwishin represented to possibly hint at more lore for the faction in the future. Or maybe they just decided Bastion needed a new skin idk. Point is I’m pretty sure we never actually officially saw them in lore until now.

5 Likes