I need to know if i have the choice to appeal a suspension

So i got suspended from competitive for 8 hours and lost like 100 sr because i lost signal in the middle of the game, i came back, won the game, and yet got suspended and my sr downed. Jiiisusss CRAIIST WHAT IS THIIIIISISSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Competitive mode only suspensions? No. Those are due to leaving competitive games (which includes all disconnections and crashes). Please be careful as the 8 hour ban is about 2 more leaver violations away from a season ban from Competitive Play. Season bans results not only being able to not play Competitive Play, but you lose all end-of-season rewards including bonus competitive points and be one step closer to PERMANENT ban from Competitive Play.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Based on your description I am assuming your disconnection was something related to your end. However if you do need help troubleshooting disconnections from specifically Overwatch, players like myself and Blizzard support agents can help in the technical support forum.

2 Likes

It crashed hehe. Feels bad

Well, then start with this topic here as this covers most common troubleshooting regarding crashes:

1 Like

Dude i got back and we got the 3 points after i got back and won the game. Its saved.

Rejoining a game without penalty is only possible during certain phases of the game and within a timely manner. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.

1 Like

I can see that i was penalized. They need to work better on this. Now i cant play for 8 hours and my sr keeps going low. This is poor judgment.

Dude, don’t argue with Wyoming, his job here is to try and help you, and like he said, the server cant tell form disconnect from leaving by ending hte program

Im not fighting with him. I apreciate his information. Im just expressing how i feel about everything honesty. Im not ofending at all. Its just a conversation.

also, you don’t get suspended from one incident, you just dont

Actually an 8 hour suspension means this is by far not your first violation. Whenever I disconnect or crash, I avoid competitive at all costs and troubleshoot the issue and test thoroughly in a non-competitive mode to ensure the game will not crash again. The starting penalty is only 10 minutes, but it escalates if one is negligent to resolve any technical issues that cause them to leave games.

As a friendly reminder, being a forum MVP is not a job. I post at my discretion but yes, I only wish to make sure everyone is aware of why and how certain functions of Overwatch work, especially the Competitive Leaver Penalty system. It is my overall goal to ensure that all players have the knowledge they need to enjoy Overwatch to the best of their ability.

2 Likes

Dude i swear to god the last time something like this happened was like a week ago.

comp doesn’t care, it will keep track of leaving matches

well, yeah i know its not your job, but you take it as seriously as one takes their job

anyways, those are the rules, no need to keep repeating the same. Its just sucks. Just wanted to know if there was a way to redeem or something but i already know theres not. Thanks Wyoming. Apreciate the info.

1 Like

I get that a lot. I just really love Overwatch and wish to make sure everyone can enjoy it as much as I do.

i do feel like the fact that you got back and still got penalized to be a bad move

Like, i will get penlized anyways, so why even bother coming back?

1 Like

well, you know what they say, you can’t please everyone

The return timer rules are frustrating for the user who got kicked, no doubt there. I make every reasonable effort to return regardless of the outcome. Then after the match, I take a break and correct the problem if needed.

However the timing rules are there to discourage bad leaver behavior overall.

And there is where the poor judgement starts.