I need help finding a bug

I have an issue in my workshop gamemode that is causing all heroes to deal about 5 (not always 5 as it’s random) decrease in damage per shot.

I can’t find the issue at all. Is anybody here good at the workshop to help me find it?

The workshop code is CQ78Q

It has a lot of rules, but don’t be too scared off, half of them are literally duplicates for Echo, so disabling those shouldn’t affect too much.

Hey there, not to send you away from the forums, but you are going to have a better chance in help diagnosing problems with your workshop script if you head for the Elo Hell Workshops Discord. It is the most active place of discussion involving the workshop mode. Alternatively I might recommending moving this thread to #workshop discussion, so that it does not sink as fast and remains on subject.

2 Likes

I’m in there and I asked and I’m trying my hardest to find the bug with their advice but it’s starting to use other software like notepad and searches and saving logs and I’m finding it realllly hard.
I was hoping someone might just take a peek and find it :frowning: with any luck

How do I move it

Click the pencil icon in your starting post, just below the title entry, there is a drop down to move the topic to a different forum.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but it’d have to be a very very tiny health pool of which I think there’s only 1 so I’ll be looking at that now.

What does this mean, please can you explain?

rule("Brig Shield Move speed")
{
	event
	{
		Ongoing - Each Player;
		All;
		Brigitte;
	}

conditions
	{
		Is Firing Secondary(Event Player) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Event Player.MoveSpeed = Event Player.MoveSpeed * 1.214;
		Set Move Speed(Event Player, Event Player.MoveSpeed);
		Wait Until(!Is Firing Secondary(Event Player), 99999);
		Event Player.MoveSpeed = Event Player.MoveSpeed / 1.214;
	}
}

You’re playing Brigitte, just executed this Rule.
This Rule is now waiting for you to no longer Secondary Fire, let’s say instead of not holding Secondary Fire your Hero is being changed.
This Rule would stop dead in its track and never execute

Resulting in you having higher Default movement speed in this case than you’re supposed to.

rule("Brig Shield Move speed")
{
	event
	{
		Ongoing - Each Player;
		All;
		All;
	}

conditions
	{
		Hero Of(Event Player) == Hero(Brigitte)
		Is Firing Secondary(Event Player) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Event Player.MoveSpeed = Event Player.MoveSpeed * 1.214;
		Wait Until(!Is Firing Secondary(Event Player), 99999);
	}
}

Allowing the Player to execute this Rule on All Heroes but only Start it on the Hero Brigitte allows the Rule to finish it’s Actions even after Selecting another Hero, resulting in you having the intended Movement Speed.

The second option would also allow you to cut down on your Duplicate Rules as you can simply change the Hero Condition to

Hero(Brigitte) == (Is Duplicating(Event Player) ? Hero Being Duplicated(Event Player) : Hero Of(Event Player));

Tough it might increase Server Load as every Player reevaluates every Rule they can not just the ones their Hero can actually execute.

But all that only matters if you can change Hero by some other mean; i.e. Workshop Script or Spawnrooms

Also you can scratch the it’s Armors fault part, it’s the passive heal.
Did the same test 5 times every time same result:
I shot a hog as Zen
5 out of 5 times his health went from 274.99 → 235.63
Follow up shots, after the Hog was fully healed however had different Results every time
274.99 → 243.55
274.99 → 239.59
274.99 → 240.91
274.99 → 237.61

It’s the passive Heal that’s causing the inconsistent Damage.

1 Like

You are an absolute hero.

I’m gonna take a look at that passive heal and see what I can do about it.

As for the rules with the “hero of” I’m gonna get adding those to cut down on duplicate rules.

1 Like